Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-02-2011, 05:53 PM   #85
paulsandhu

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardo View Post
check post #28 on this thread and tell me that aint a blacked out camaro done right . here in so cal we call it being legit ! which means badass
I agree.

But now I wonder... what does one that is not done right look like?

Current Modifications:
  • Hurst Comp HardDrive Stick Kit
  • K&N Blackhawk CAI
  • Anvil Carbon Fiber Notch Spoiler
  • Ceramic Coated Satin Black Wrap
paulsandhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:24 PM   #86
leonardo
SoCal HT5 [COTW 11/24/13]

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS / Ducati 1198s

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsandhu View Post
I agree.

But now I wonder... what does one that is not done right look like?
look at post #12 LOL
Old 06-02-2011, 06:40 PM   #87
paulsandhu

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardo View Post
look at post #12 LOL
I meant on a Camaro. Prius doesn't need to be blacked out to look bad either. haha

Current Modifications:
  • Hurst Comp HardDrive Stick Kit
  • K&N Blackhawk CAI
  • Anvil Carbon Fiber Notch Spoiler
  • Ceramic Coated Satin Black Wrap
paulsandhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:18 PM   #88
TheColorBlack

Drives: Black 2011 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
Shows exactly how much you know. My rims, tires, and lowering of the car, not to mention the new exhaust, diffuser and many other things took a lot more than 2 seconds to figure out. Certainly longer than taking all the trim off and putting on black.
Because people who blacked out their cars dont buy rims and tires right? Because people that blacked out their cars dont lower it right?

And oh...the center exhaust...lol...awesome work stealing the design of the corvette...you certainly are the champion of creativity
TheColorBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 08:54 PM   #89
YOURWORSTNIGHTMARE
ur principal is ur friend

Drives: RED 2004 C5 CORVETTE CONVERTIBLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by csjcsj View Post
I am working on it!
Me too....so far I've got the black rims/blacked out tail and directionals/tinted windows and gas cap
Old 06-02-2011, 09:23 PM   #90
RocTrux

Drives: Summit White 2011 2SS/RS
Blacked out ... Over rated and played out just like the over priced carbon fiber look any moron with a rattle can of black paint can achieve the so called murdered look more of a Kiddie thing i think a fad.. and for the record I don't like chrome rims either thats for the brothas who like DUBS and think 24" + wheels look good on any car painted wheels = clown car and pin striping on rims is just plain gay..JMO
Old 06-02-2011, 09:37 PM   #91
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocTrux View Post
painted wheels = clown car and pin striping on rims is just plain gay..JMO
haha nice argument! My black painted wheels with orange pinstripe are just soooo gay

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:24 PM   #92
ChvyBoss
THAT BOOST TURNS HEADS

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Blacked out ... Over rated and played out just like the over priced carbon fiber look any moron with a rattle can of black paint can achieve the so called murdered look more of a Kiddie thing i think a fad.. and for the record I don't like chrome rims either thats for the brothas who like DUBS and think 24" + wheels look good on any car painted wheels = clown car and pin striping on rims is just plain gay..JMO
79 posts? I smell a troll
Old 06-02-2011, 11:39 PM   #93
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS View Post
haha nice argument! My black painted wheels with orange pinstripe are just soooo gay
Old 06-03-2011, 08:07 AM   #94
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
Quote:
A kiddie thing? This is coming from someone who uses the term gay to describe things he doesnt like and uses the term brothas to profile people........troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
Shows exactly how much you know. My rims, tires, and lowering of the car, not to mention the new exhaust, diffuser and many other things took a lot more than 2 seconds to figure out. Certainly longer than taking all the trim off and putting on black.
If you dont like it then dont do it to your car.......and way to insult your fellow camaro owners. Grow up.
BLACK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:54 AM   #95
Tshepp
Show & Go

Drives: '10 Camaro 1SS LS3
Quote:
Wow, way to turn into a child about it. It's a damn good thing we all don't share the same opinion or else car modification would be downright non-existent as everyone would buy one part, one style, one color. There are many things that I don't care for on other driver's vehicles but I dont go on tantrums about how stupid they are. Hell, I dont like the look of blue vinyl stripes all over a white car or chrome billet grilles on a Camaro but I am not going to attack your or write some ignorant comment about it.

My murdered out Hummer was not built as a "rattle-can kiddie fad". The design of that build I felt was very tasteful, aggressive, and gets more complements than almost any of my other cars. I have people from all over the Hummer forum who constantly email me and even call my cell phone (no joke) to ask me how I did everything and that they absolutely love it.

What a great statement about chrome rims; becuase YOU dont like them they are stupid and striped rims are "gay". Well, I dont know how metal with paint or vinyl on them can be homosexual, but I could be wrong. Who knows what sex the molecules are?? All of the people around the US who stare and drool at my lowered Dodge Magnum riding on 24s would disagree with your statement.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:27 AM   #96
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2011 SS/RS manual - White
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Kern View Post
I have to laugh whenever I see a blacked out car, because growing up around Mennonites and Amish, it reminds me of the 'Black Bumper Mennonites'. They painted their chrome bumpers and hubcaps black to keep the car 'plain looking', and not flashy, to comply with the faith.

WOW...I forgot about that. Too many years since I moved from Ohio
f5journal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:22 PM   #97
kga10734
Don't Feed the Troll

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS & 1999 Corvette
....but it makes it look soooo stealthy.

It's your car, you do what you want to it.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:36 PM   #98
*NeRD*2LTRS
HT5:Keeping it Exclusive

Drives: Black Mamba 2010 2LT RS

¿¿¿¿Need I say more????