Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-13-2011, 02:53 PM   #1
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Neglected camaro :(

There is a SS SIM w/ black stripes that is parked at a local market I shop at (the owner works there). Everytime I see this poor car, it's fithly. Covered in bugs, dust/pollen, etc. Well today was just the icing on the cake. As I was pulling into the parking lot to shop at this market, I noticed it (I usually park next to it b/c it's parked far in the back) I noticed the rims looked almost like a faint gold color, it was just odd. My first thought was "what did he do to those wheels?" Well when I parked and got out, I saw that it was just heavily covered in brake dust, dirt, and mud. The whole car is in desperate need of a bath, the inside is trashed. Poor baby :( I would gladly take that car off his hands if he's going to treat it like crap.

I've seen the owner, he's male about mid-late 20's, kinda nerdy. I would think he would be proud of his investment and this "chick" magnet.....Oh well, some people just don't get it I guess
Old 06-13-2011, 03:02 PM   #2
chris1973

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black on Black
There should be laws against this or at least a "hotline"!

Appearance Mods: Razzi Bodykit with LEDs, 3D Carbon Side Vents, Tint, Painted Rims and Calipers,

See/hear my Camaro at
http://youtu.be/wn0Ck-cw6WQ
chris1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:02 PM   #3
woodj

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT Vert
Report him to the Association for Prevention of Cruelty to Camaros (APCC)
Old 06-13-2011, 03:06 PM   #4
S-eatin-grin

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS AGM
The SIM with black stripes is probably my 2nd favorite combo in this car...it is a shame but hey, anyone that can afford it can buy one and do what they want to it...huge wheels, awful grilles, color schemes...but the brake dust thing bothers me too. I've heard others on here say that it builds up daily but I wash my car once a week and don't have any noticible brake dust so...not buying it..ulness they are one of those automatic trans drivers that has to 5 feet from the car in front of them @ 80 mph tapping their brakes for 30 stright miles.
S-eatin-grin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:44 PM   #5
my1st_camaro
Advertise Here!

Drives: 2020 camaro LT1
Yeah its kinda shocking to see a new camaro in bad shape considering the car hasn't been out that long. I remember passing by one that was dented up near the front bumper and fender area with scratches on the paint. Must have been an ls because the trim rings around the wheels were missing which made the car look even worse.
my1st_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:22 PM   #6
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
It's time for an intervention.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:23 PM   #7
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
Joe Dirt wanted a Camaro...or maybe the guy is trying to show the Rat Rod Camaro how to do it for less than $100k!
Old 06-13-2011, 04:27 PM   #8
DarkObsession

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS2/LS3
My Camaro is currently what I would consider to be "filthy." I'm sorry but the car is a daily driver and I don't have a way to wash it frequently where I live.

Also, the brake dust thing is true: my Camaro builds up brake dust on the rims the day after I wash them. I've never had a car that did this so badly. Off topic: Is it just because of the Brembos?

Back on topic: Anyway, yeah, my car is dirty but the inside is spotless and I don't abuse my cars at all. I just don't have time to wash them every single day. Sorry
Old 06-13-2011, 05:20 PM   #9
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
I'd get out the detailer and clean it while he's working. I could never stand to see a car like that. OMG

If my car has a few days worth of pollen on her I think she's filthy and I have to take her through the touch free wash. I don't care if I have to spend $20 a week keeping her clean - only time she really looks bad is in the winter when it's too cold to keep her clean and she gets road salt on her. :(
Old 06-13-2011, 05:39 PM   #10
rjdapilmoto
DAP-ONE [COTW - 12/23/13]

Drives: 2010 - 2SS/RS IOM
I feel your concern, but we can only do so much. Hopefully this guy will snap and realize that he has a true gem and should take good care of it.
rjdapilmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:10 PM   #11
mfr1950

Drives: 2011 challengerR/T , 2010 Ram R/T
I know this might be painful for us on Camaro5, do you think you could post a picture or two????
mfr1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:27 PM   #12
Troy2SSRS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Rally Yellow
Uh, it's his car isn't it? He can do whatever he wants to it.
1981 Turbo Trans Am, White, Nascar Edition, Recaro Seats, T-Tops
R.I.P. 1978 Trans Am, Red, T-Tops
Troy2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:43 PM   #13
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfr1950 View Post
I know this might be painful for us on Camaro5, do you think you could post a picture or two????
Well I do have a pic of this car but this pic was taken about 2 months ago and the car was dirty, but nothing like it was today :(
Attached Images

Old 06-13-2011, 07:47 PM   #14
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkObsession View Post
My Camaro is currently what I would consider to be "filthy." I'm sorry but the car is a daily driver and I don't have a way to wash it frequently where I live.

Also, the brake dust thing is true: my Camaro builds up brake dust on the rims the day after I wash them. I've never had a car that did this so badly. Off topic: Is it just because of the Brembos?

Back on topic: Anyway, yeah, my car is dirty but the inside is spotless and I don't abuse my cars at all. I just don't have time to wash them every single day. Sorry
My car is my daily driver too and hasn't been washed in 2 weeks! I usually wash it weekly but it really isn't that bad. I use my California Duster on it daily and I'll do some touch ups here and there if it needs it. I just noticed the other day my exhaust pipes were dirty so I cleaned them! It's getting a wash on Wed tho, after her first oil change!

But anyways, you don't have to wash your car everyday to keep it looking nice. I dont think this poor car in question has ever been washed. I have never seen it clean. He still has love bugs on the front and for those of you who know what those are, that tells you what kinda of a @#$#@$@ this guy is :(