Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-10-2011, 11:52 PM   #1
xTHExxFALLENx

Drives: 2010 RS / 2017 SS
Need help with intake descion!

Alright guys I know that this an exhausted topic......... But I'm in the market for an intake for my 3.6 but I'm not sure which one to get. I'd like for it to tuned to my engine straight box like injen but supposebly it doesn't give much HP and I wanted to get the long tube injen but I live in Miami and I live in a location where it's prone to flooding and I've heard of ppl that have hydro locked their engines. So please guys I need help
xTHExxFALLENx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:01 AM   #2
Mankind
Whats a Millwright?

Drives: 2LT/RS SIM, 05 Wht Denali
I would never drive in water deep enough to even risk hydro locking my car, no matter what CAI i have. I have the long tube and, even if i didn't, i would never drive in water deep enough to get in through the door opening. I know the gasket is supposed to prevent it from getting in but why test it? The bottom of my filter is even with the middle of my rim. Thats some deep water, to me, to be driving in. I'm fortunate enough to have a full size SUV 4x4 and a full sized truck to go off in when there is high water.

If you have this concern then it basically comes down to your opinion about appearance. I have seen some good looking engine bay CAI's. Shop around and you will find one you like.
Mankind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:09 AM   #3
xTHExxFALLENx

Do you have any suggestions?
Old 12-11-2011, 03:43 AM   #4
Mankind
Whats a Millwright?

Drives: 2LT/RS SIM, 05 Wht Denali
Vararam looks and performs well, also looks different than the others. Airaid, injen short tube, and CAI performs well also. I like the looks of the Injen and the Vararam the most tho.
Mankind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 04:02 AM   #5
xTHExxFALLENx

Is the vararam tuned out of the box?
Old 12-11-2011, 07:10 AM   #6
sales@vararam.com

Drives: 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTHExxFALLENx View Post
Is the vararam tuned out of the box?
Just install for great results!!!
sales@vararam.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:51 AM   #7
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
As for hydro-lock, we have never had an issue. We have literally sold these all over the world and it has never been a problem. Don't try to drive your car across a river and you should be fine.

As for the air intake being "tuned" out of the box...tuning is the adjustment of your computer on your vehicle, we are an intake manufacturer and I am a little confused as to what others are meaning when they say their product is a "tuned" intake, maybe it's just a incorrect use of the word or I am missing something? Our units are ready to plug and play straight out of the box and can be used on a stock vehicle or one that has been, or is going to be getting a tune.

Let me know if you have any questions, I would be happy to help!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:08 AM   #8
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill @ CAI Inc View Post
As for hydro-lock, we have never had an issue. We have literally sold these all over the world and it has never been a problem. Don't try to drive your car across a river and you should be fine.

As for the air intake being "tuned" out of the box...tuning is the adjustment of your computer on your vehicle, we are an intake manufacturer and I am a little confused as to what others are meaning when they say their product is a "tuned" intake, maybe it's just a incorrect use of the word or I am missing something? Our units are ready to plug and play straight out of the box and can be used on a stock vehicle or one that has been, or is going to be getting a tune.

Let me know if you have any questions, I would be happy to help!
LOL..I know injen uses the term "tuned" on their intake system but I think they are trying to say that the intake is tailored for that specific vehicle. I do think that terminology can mislead some peoples into thinking different though.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:02 PM   #9
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
LOL..I know injen uses the term "tuned" on their intake system but I think they are trying to say that the intake is tailored for that specific vehicle. I do think that terminology can mislead some peoples into thinking different though.
Agreed 100%.
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote