Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 09-27-2013, 06:30 AM   #29
Blacknight11

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS
Hey Alan, waiting on a response!!
Blacknight11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:28 AM   #30
lbheat
Echale Gas [COTW 3/10/14]

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS Supercharged
To think i was considering these guys. Thanks for the review. Being in manufacturing i can tell you that there is no excuse to state "either way i didnt charge you the full amount" statements like that should not override quality and customer service. If he did say up front that he will charge you a fraction of the cost because he is unsure about the quality then Thats another story. Best of luck man!

Kenne Bell
502 rwhp/ 471 rwtq at 9psi (daily driver...for now)
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
lbheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:38 PM   #31
Leb SS2/RS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS2/RS
Hey guys, no action in this thread for a while, I wanted to see if anyone has updates on big top Gt (G3) ... What happened with them, did they improve their business, delays? Anyone order anything after their problems... Am planning to add CF interior trims to my interior soon, I was talking with them before their problems occurred about CF interior trims, but I delayed to fix something else in my car..

Thanks in advance guys
Leb SS2/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:06 PM   #32
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Drives: The Neighbor Hater
I wanted to post my experience with G3 Composites. I put a $300 deposit down on a ZL1 front splitter. That was 2 years ago. About 6 months ago I said screw it, and had him switch the order to a manual shifter bezel and the center console side pieces. As of December 30th, they were supposed to ship out; I even got a tracking number, that still has not been processed. Everytime I text or email him, I get the same response, that my parts are ready to ship, then the next day, they were either lost or stolen (which I don't believe happens 6 times in a row). I finally have had enough with the BS and told him that I need the parts shipped out with proof from the carrier by Friday or I will need my $300 back. He said that his painter will be coming in tonight to finish the parts, and they should ship out this week. One too many excuses.

I will be flying out to Florida this weekend to take care of this in person. I hope for his sake that I don't hear any more excuses.

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
pyr0b0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:19 AM   #33
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0b0y View Post
I wanted to post my experience with G3 Composites. I put a $300 deposit down on a ZL1 front splitter. That was 2 years ago. About 6 months ago I said screw it, and had him switch the order to a manual shifter bezel and the center console side pieces. As of December 30th, they were supposed to ship out; I even got a tracking number, that still has not been processed. Everytime I text or email him, I get the same response, that my parts are ready to ship, then the next day, they were either lost or stolen (which I don't believe happens 6 times in a row). I finally have had enough with the BS and told him that I need the parts shipped out with proof from the carrier by Friday or I will need my $300 back. He said that his painter will be coming in tonight to finish the parts, and they should ship out this week. One too many excuses.

I will be flying out to Florida this weekend to take care of this in person. I hope for his sake that I don't hear any more excuses.
Not trying to stir the pot - but I have an email from Alan saying he fired his painter last Monday. So don't know if he has a new guy already...
Old 02-05-2014, 02:51 PM   #34
revived
Vrrrm.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Top Gt View Post
I can't tell you how absolutely disappointed I am by this thread.

As I've maintained throughout: we're a small company experiencing serious growing pains, so while I understand it's frustrating, and in that you're not alone, what you're doing now is nothing short of inflammatory and dishonest.

Whether we've had shipping issues or some manufacturing challenges, which have affected more than yourself, the one thing that's always been a constant is that I've never run from any one and always respond to calls, texts, and emails.

My mistake is in share what I know as I know it, son when things change, we are both affected.

Now, after we've spoken and I've agreed to return your money, INCLUDING the $75 you said it cost to clean up your original engine covers, what you have conveniently left out is that I offered to send you the parts anyway, at no charge, you're telling people I screwed you over?

Wow. So, obviously that offer is no longer on the table.

So here's what I'm going to do, Randy. I'm going to give you back exactly the amount of money you sent me as a deposit.

We can part company as people who shard an unfortunate customer service experience and you can find another carbon supplier.

As a carbon company, I'm in relatively rare air. What I constantly remind people is exactly how difficult it is to get a company like this not only off the ground, but also sustain it over the long haul.

It should call attention to the fact that of the people who have tried, only a total of MAYBE five significant carbon companies remain/survive in the market.

Anyone want to guess why that is?

Because custom made products that require an incredible amount of time and hand labor to get right. So, companies that come and go run afoul by taking huge deposits and running out of money.

So, I have two choices: I allow pressure to ship push me to shipping a part, like Mattos spoiler, before I'm completely satisfied and would be willing to put it on my own car, or I take the time to get it right no matter the cost.

Which is the lesser of two Evil's?

For us, It looks like we've got it figured out. Sure, we still have a little but of a production speed challenge we face every day, but within the last two weeks I hired two new employees for a total of five, so everything speeds up moving forward.

Lastly, and I'm a little angry given what I feel to be a deliberately hurtful posting, I find it further disappointing to see how much of the detail you've left out.

Like what you paid for then work, in exchange for developing use.

I can pull your invoice, but you paid approximately $250 for a part we'll sell for $800. I also didn't ask you to help carry the $1000+ cost of making the required molds for what was, and still is right at this second, a one off project.

For $250.

So Randy, with all due respect to your "getting screwed", I just don't see it.

I'm on vacation and out of the country, which you both know, until the 20th. Once I return, I'll await Matt spoiler to return and I'll send you back your deposit. (independently of course.)

We're slow, folks. It's a byproduct of what we manufacture. No matter what, no one, and I mean NO ONE, "gets screwed".

If anyone has any individual questions, please feel free to post them here, text me, email me, or send me a private message.

I'm not running from anyone and am not trying to hide anything, either. I'm here to help and share what we do.

Thanks,
Alan
Your on a vaction , Nice to know while this man is still waiting for his parts he paid for a very long time ago.

revived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:59 PM   #35
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by revived View Post
Your on a vaction , Nice to know while this man is still waiting for his parts he paid for a very long time ago.
You do realize that post was from a long time ago right?

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:05 PM   #36
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
BiG Top GT screwed me over- beware

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
You do realize that post was from a long time ago right?

Sadly, even though this post about vacation was from a long time ago, there are many still waiting for parts from LONGER ago. His point was pretty valid, especially for those of us that were waiting at that time (and some still are).
Old 02-08-2014, 01:51 PM   #37
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

So I was told by Alan yesterday that my parts were done yesterday and shipped out 1000%. We'll I checked the tracking number and it hasn't moved since yesterday -_-. I have a feeling it was never shipped out...

Deke, are you still waiting on parts, and has he been in contact with you?

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
Old 02-08-2014, 02:03 PM   #38
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0b0y View Post
So I was told by Alan yesterday that my parts were done yesterday and shipped out 1000%. We'll I checked the tracking number and it hasn't moved since yesterday -_-. I have a feeling it was never shipped out...

Deke, are you still waiting on parts, and has he been in contact with you?

I have received my parts. I didn't ever receive the "extras" he was going to include for my wait. It took 15 months for me to get a product I was satisfied with. I had to send it back the first time because my spoiler wouldn't fit.
Old 02-08-2014, 02:04 PM   #39
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deke736 View Post
I have received my parts. I didn't ever receive the "extras" he was going to include for my wait. It took 15 months for me to get a product I was satisfied with. I had to send it back the first time because my spoiler wouldn't fit.
At this point I'm kind of scared to send the parts back because I know I'll never get them.

Old 02-08-2014, 02:07 PM   #40
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

He did turn my repaired parts around fast than I expected. I was kinda shocked by that.
Old 02-08-2014, 03:17 PM   #41
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

At this point, I am looking at taking legal action against him. He has had $300 of my money for 2 years, with zero parts. He said it was shipped out and he did exactly what he said he would.

I have a USPS number which has not moved at all. I have confirmed with USPS that it was never scanned into their system, which always happens when a customer drops off a package. I think i have a pretty good case, considering the only evidence he has is that he 'dropped' it off.

Old 02-23-2014, 09:22 PM   #42
Bcarr

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th Convertible
Service

Wow. Thanks for sharing this information. I now know who I will never do business with. He needs to just refund everyone and find a job.
Bcarr is offline   Reply With Quote