Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2015 Camaro Fest (VI)

Old 03-20-2015, 08:20 PM   #239
flht99b

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT
Mike, helmet requirements, Snell SA2010 or is Snell M2010 ( motorcycle ) good also. This is very important as the selection of SA2010 helmets is much smaller than one thinks. And SA2015's ( and I expect M2015's ) will be on sale shortly, maybe a month before the event.
Ed.
RJT 2SS/RS, AAM 3.70's, MTI Sway Bars, Shifter & SS brake lines, ZLI calipers, rotors & pads, BMR Trailing & Toe Arms, rear cradle & diff bushes, Pedders XA's, Camber/Toe eccentrics, Radius arm inserts, GTO clutch reservoir, LS9 cam, Comp valve springs, Melling 10296 oil pump, CR5 timing chain, LS6 damper, CAI Cold Air Intake, ARH LT headers w/HF cats, GMPP touring axle back, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Forgeline 20x9.5 & 20x11 DS3 whls, 275/40/20 & 315/35/20 tires, 2011 Convertible spoiler, 1LE front spoiler, Lloyd "SS" Floor Mats, GM Camaro Trunk Mat, wrapped console & Grant steering wheel.
flht99b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 01:55 PM   #240
michael's maro
RAM'S CAMARO

Drives: 2010 camaro ss 2015 Z-28
Thanks for the new sign-ups, looks like we will be having a few of my corvette track mates joining us for event.

Michael
Old 04-04-2015, 06:12 AM   #241
michael's maro
RAM'S CAMARO

Saturday morning bump
Old 04-04-2015, 07:54 AM   #242
JOHNSONROD

Drives: 62 Chevy & 2021 1SS/1LE manual
they still have you listed as a private event on the MSP website. i would have that linked to your sign up page. the track is taking off and every club that comes there is blown away with the track. they still have some support stuff to finish but the layout is good with 30 acres of autocross space and the ability to run several track configs, some two at a time.
i just got word that extreme experience will be back in october. chin was there last weekend and they are already booked back. everyone that comes will love this track. take it easy in the morning and lay it to the wood son in the evening.

last run on this set of tires video from last sunday. cold temps. the mustang wore out a set of NT01s in two days ouch. once i got to the mustang my stuff was done and then i was watching my mirror and couldnt get away from him. we talked and laughed at my save in 18 and he had made one in 6 earlier when i was behind him. the times were off because of conditions. for reference, anything under 2:30 is hustling the car pretty good.

JOHNSONROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 08:05 PM   #243
SSSoon

Drives: RY 2011 2SS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNSONROD View Post
they still have you listed as a private event on the MSP website. i would have that linked to your sign up page. the track is taking off and every club that comes there is blown away with the track. they still have some support stuff to finish but the layout is good with 30 acres of autocross space and the ability to run several track configs, some two at a time.
i just got word that extreme experience will be back in october. chin was there last weekend and they are already booked back. everyone that comes will love this track. take it easy in the morning and lay it to the wood son in the evening.

last run on this set of tires video from last sunday. cold temps. the mustang wore out a set of NT01s in two days ouch. once i got to the mustang my stuff was done and then i was watching my mirror and couldnt get away from him. we talked and laughed at my save in 18 and he had made one in 6 earlier when i was behind him. the times were off because of conditions. for reference, anything under 2:30 is hustling the car pretty good.

Nice video!

Man it's going to take me forever to learn that track. It feels like there are a million turns. I have bookmarked your video and will spend a few nights watching it as C5Fest approaches...

Dry sump LS7, cage, JPSS suspension, Wilwood brakes, fire suppression, ARH 3" headers/exhaust, Z/28 DSSV coilovers, Kirkey seats, TeamTech 6-point harnesses, 19" Forgeline GA3R, 325/30R19 Re11 tires, oil cooler, monster JPSS splitter/wickerbill, CAI, brake ducts.
SSSoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 09:05 AM   #244
JOHNSONROD

you will be fine. at first turn 12 is the biggest chance to tear up a car. its a blind hill but you can see the armco over the hill and it looks like a slight bend in the road. its actually two off camber turns that can even get the car almost airborn. the trick to 12 is to setup wide and lift and slight brake early. if you do that the rest of it is like a straight. overdriving the entry to 12 is where people get into trouble early. they have named turn 12 "deception".
the Porsche video might be better to watch. me and the mustang were struggling with the cold temps and wore out tires. it was 24 degrees both mornings.
its a long way but if you can get up here and see it, you will feel better for august. even if you fly in or drive something else, you can do parade laps or ride. parade laps is how i learned the track. there were a few of the optima battery guys doing "research" at the chin event.
Old 04-05-2015, 10:04 AM   #245
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Quote:
you will be fine. at first turn 12 is the biggest chance to tear up a car. its a blind hill but you can see the armco over the hill and it looks like a slight bend in the road. its actually two off camber turns that can even get the car almost airborn. the trick to 12 is to setup wide and lift and slight brake early. if you do that the rest of it is like a straight. overdriving the entry to 12 is where people get into trouble early. they have named turn 12 "deception".
the Porsche video might be better to watch. me and the mustang were struggling with the cold temps and wore out tires. it was 24 degrees both mornings.
its a long way but if you can get up here and see it, you will feel better for august. even if you fly in or drive something else, you can do parade laps or ride. parade laps is how i learned the track. there were a few of the optima battery guys doing "research" at the chin event.
I plan to use Thursday's C5F track day as a learning getting to know you day and hopefully apply it to Friday's event with Michael's track day to increase my exposure to NCM's track layout.

Last edited by RLHMARINES; 04-05-2015 at 10:36 AM.
RLHMARINES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 10:15 AM   #246
michael's maro
RAM'S CAMARO

Quote:
Danny, the next time you run the track, can you mount your camera on your roof, I would like to see more of the track.
I am hoping my car will be ready for the C5 fest, but I have a feeling it won't be ready till the 1st week of April.
Thanks Michael
Old 04-05-2015, 11:39 AM   #247
JOHNSONROD

ill rig up the suction mount for a session or two. i prefer the incar for watching a video but the roof view shows the track much better. ill be at the 10/10ths event april 17, 18, 19 and then the NCM event is the next week like the 23rd and 24th. you can ride and do parade laps even if ur car aint done.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:13 AM   #248
Optimus Prime

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
I'm so psyched for this event! Anybody know where I can get a cheap approved helmet? I've found a few on Walmart.com, but I can't find the right size for me (none in stock). I don't want to spend a lot right now since I'm just starting out with my track hobby.

Former garage: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS 6M
2011 Avalanche LT
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 11:55 AM   #249
ntmad8tr
Music City Camaro Club

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Spring Special Edition
I ordered mine from amazon before Christmas. Got a pretty good deal. So that may be a good place to look.
EMC(SS) USN RET. 2014 2SS Spring Special Edition,1 of 293. Cold Air Inc. CAI,Apex Catch Can, Kooks 1-7/8" headers, Kooks HF Cats, X-pipe, Kooks mufflers,Graphite, BMR Toe links, BMR rear trailing arms, MRR228s,RGB ORACLE Colorshift Halos, RGB LED Engine bay and Grille lighting, Diode Dynamics RGB Fog Lights. NightOwl LED control system. Painted engine cover by S.L. Customs. River Cities Creations painted strut brace. My Build Thread
ntmad8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 06:49 PM   #250
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
I'm so psyched for this event! Anybody know where I can get a cheap approved helmet? I've found a few on Walmart.com, but I can't find the right size for me (none in stock). I don't want to spend a lot right now since I'm just starting out with my track hobby.
I got a Zamp full face from Summit for about $145.00.
Old 04-15-2015, 09:11 AM   #251
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Every thing you are and everything you will ever be is protected by a helmet. I have never met a driver who as they were running out of track or talent thought to themselves, I am so happy to know I am wearing the cheapest helmet I could buy.

http://www.saferacer.com/saferacer-outlet/helmets

http://www.ogracing.com/driver/helmets?cat=1035

http://www.soloracer.com/helmetsale.html

http://www.racequip.com/autoracinghelmets.html

There are only two types of drivers. Those that have been off course and those that are going to be off course. Protect yourself with the lightest SA helmet you can afford to purchase.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 09:24 AM   #252
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Dang Pete. Your post is a 2 edged sword. Great info & very true, but I think I am getting priced out of doing the track thing. Between taking care of my brakes & getting a helmet (My other one is only M rated) that is a lot of expense for a couple times a year.