Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 04-14-2017, 07:23 AM   #253
camaro500

Drives: 2017 Jaguar F Type R Tuned 498awhp
Incredible. We must respect the fact that they could produce a car this ridiculous.
camaro500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 08:03 AM   #254
McBeevee
220/221 whatever it takes

Drives: See sig....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
Just so we're clear, don't forget the 100+ octane race fuel, slicks, skinnys and a custom aftermarket "stage III" tune which is all an option in the brochure (and required) making it the fastest production car on the planet.
Everyone else is arguing semantics, so lets get this right Snoman.

The car will run 9.90 with the "as installed ECM" and premium pump gas. If you want the crate and all of it's goodies, that option will cost you $1. That crate will be shipped directly from Dodge to the address of your choice. It includes the 100 octane or better Dodge calibrated ECM and the front runner setup (along with a host of other items). Once you install the factory calibrated and supplied 100 octane tuned ECM and front runners, the car will run the 9.65 and all while retaining the factory 3/36k bumper to bumper and 5/60k powertrain warranties.

2022 BMW X5 M50i
2022 Ram TRX
2021 GT500 CFHP
2016 Challenger Hellcat A8 1058whp/898wtq
1970 Chevelle SS396 4spd
McBeevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 08:47 AM   #255
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Satisfied View Post
Everyone else is arguing semantics, so lets get this right Snoman.

The car will run 9.90 with the "as installed ECM" and premium pump gas. If you want the crate and all of it's goodies, that option will cost you $1. That crate will be shipped directly from Dodge to the address of your choice. It includes the 100 octane or better Dodge calibrated ECM and the front runner setup (along with a host of other items). Once you install the factory calibrated and supplied 100 octane tuned ECM and front runners, the car will run the 9.65 and all while retaining the factory 3/36k bumper to bumper and 5/60k powertrain warranties.
Will be entertaining to see the press get production vehicles and test actual true results vs. mythical ringers. Regardless, it's an impressive vehicle.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 09:08 AM   #256
McBeevee
220/221 whatever it takes

Drives: See sig....
Yeah, and understand that I'm not under any grand illusion that everyone will be out tearing up dragstrips 9.65 seconds at a time. Heck, I'd venture to guess only a handful will ever be pushed to their limits. Either way, I am anxious to see what happens when they start hitting the streets.

2022 BMW X5 M50i
2022 Ram TRX
2021 GT500 CFHP
2016 Challenger Hellcat A8 1058whp/898wtq
1970 Chevelle SS396 4spd
McBeevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 09:54 AM   #257
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
On AllPar.com, there is a guy who works at a dealership who says that they have already had 6 people express interest in their 1 allocation for a Demon (the dealership is in Canada).

4 of those six people have said they will pay whatever the price is to get one, no questions asked. Another dealership rep said they are already getting bids from people to buy theirs (a USA dealer supposedly).

You think the ADM was crazy on the Hellcat? We haven't seen anything yet.
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 10:30 AM   #258
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven87 View Post
On AllPar.com, there is a guy who works at a dealership who says that they have already had 6 people express interest in their 1 allocation for a Demon (the dealership is in Canada).

4 of those six people have said they will pay whatever the price is to get one, no questions asked. Another dealership rep said they are already getting bids from people to buy theirs (a USA dealer supposedly).

You think the ADM was crazy on the Hellcat? We haven't seen anything yet.

I'm pretty sure is why Dodge hasn't released an MSRP. Since the manufacture is unable to sell direct, they want the dealerships to pay them $100k-130k to capitalize on any Market Value Adjustments.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 10:47 AM   #259
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver14 View Post
Context matters. In the context of drag racing, most associate quicker with ET, and faster with trap speed.

Cool car, I'm interested in seeing what it runs in owners hands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
FWIW....Records are separate for E.T. and Top Speed....Top Speed record is for the fastest MPH at the top end....Lowest ET is not necessarily or automatically the fastest....
Sorry, it didn't copy and paste very well....but you get the idea....lol...

But, hey, that's just that silly old NHRA and their records...., (which the Demon is so proud to have been banned from....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
You didn't do it faster, you did it quicker. Quick refers to time, fast refers to speed or velocity.
I know... semantics.

But in the real world... if we are equal drivers, my car traps 140, your car traps 143, and my car always wins, nobody is going to say your car is faster than mine.

So Dodge's claim of being fastest is fine.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 10:52 AM   #260
Silver14

Drives: 2014 SIM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
I know... semantics.

But in the real world... if we are equal drivers, my car traps 140, your car traps 143, and my car always wins, nobody is going to say your car is faster than mine.

So Dodge's claim of being fastest is fine.
Anyone who drag races would

Semantics is the meaning of words, don't dismiss the contextual meaning just because you don't like it.
Silver14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 11:12 AM   #261
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
I'm pretty sure is why Dodge hasn't released an MSRP. Since the manufacture is unable to sell direct, they want the dealerships to pay them $100k-130k to capitalize on any Market Value Adjustments.
I don't think that has anything to do with why they haven't released the pricing yet. Dodge has already said the car would be sub-$100K so we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Either way, there will be plenty of people with deep enough pockets willing to pay whatever is needed to get a Demon.
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 11:14 AM   #262
Iron Lung Jimmy

Quote:
Anyone who drag races would
Would they really?

So how would they answer the question, "Then why do you always lose?"
Old 04-14-2017, 11:22 AM   #263
Silver14

Drives: 2014 SIM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
Would they really?

So how would they answer the question, "Then why do you always lose?"
Because the other car is quicker
Silver14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 11:29 AM   #264
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by strykerg8gt View Post
Here's one of the online articles I was referencing. Is CNN a reputable enough source, with a quote from an executive at FCA claiming it can take corners faster and stop better than the other cars in Dodge's performance lineup?

http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/11/auto...llenger-demon/
So corners faster & stops better than any other Dodge - Heck a Honda could do that!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 11:39 AM   #265
Iron Lung Jimmy

Quote:
Because the other car is quicker
I get that.

But in the real world... the world where the word "faster" is commonly used to describe completing a task in a shorter period of time than someone or something else does... my car is faster because it always beats yours.

Grasping at the technical difference between "faster" and "quicker" in claiming that your car is faster than mine would elicit this... ... from virtually everybody on Earth... except maybe Miriam Webster and a few crusty old drag racers.
Old 04-14-2017, 12:42 PM   #266
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Or engineers or crash reconstructionists, like myself, that understand the proper meaning of the English language. Time and velocity are different things entirely, hence different words are used to corolate them.

I get what you are saying Jimmy, but so far all everyone has done was kindly point out the differences. That's not samantics.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote