Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 09-26-2011, 03:03 PM   #1135
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
As an answer to varied questions/comments regarding LS7'd Z/28s, their desirability...and "unofficial corporate feedback"...please peruse this thread, resurrected from l-o-n-g ago. This is the first tread I created, in the General Camaro Section, in April/09 when I first arrived here in the midst of Gen-5 Camaro mayhem. Shortly after Oshawa production commenced...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19666

Uneditted...unscientific...no price parameters...just a "question" to be answered. Which sadly remains unanswered...

With deference to Family Feud (a version of which we've had, here...), "Survey sez!"

I believe the #1 answer was LS7...

"Signature SEZ?!" Absent, at that time...
It was 11 for the LS7, 11 for the LS9/LSA ... but nearly all of the supercharged votes were specifically for the LS9. Only one was for either or.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 03:18 PM   #1136
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
...and the one vote specifically for the LSA? "Veddy interesting", as Artie Johnson used to say...

If you re-read it all, about 14 for LS7, and about a half dozen who chin-wagged about LS9 possibilities, and about 7 or 8 specifically for LS9...and 1 LSA.

Curiously, someone mentioned a "limited edition ZL1 with an LSA..." Hmmm.

My point, as always: Even without mention of pricing, pro/con, LS7 for a long time has been considered a worthy addition...especially for the handling-oriented weight-conscious Z/28 "intenders".

Still unanswered...

Last edited by LOWDOWN; 09-26-2011 at 03:30 PM.
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:06 PM   #1137
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Guys I have been traveling and am way behind on my Camaro5 stuff. I really like it here. I did mention in another thread I have been bitten by the CTS-V with the Recaro seating. That would be a real budget buster for our Z/28 project, but I thought you might like to see it anyway.

The down side is no weight savings and our Z/28 needs weight savings. A set of well upholstered racing seats would do wonders for weight reduction. Last fall I learned that Sparco does the Bugatti seating.

Just thinking out loud.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:21 PM   #1138
Fightinfire921

Drives: GMC Acadia, Chevrolet Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to Fightinfire921
Pete, welcome back!!
Please catch up and give us some more input.
As for the seats I'll go with door #1 please.
Fightinfire921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:22 PM   #1139
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
What if you make the Recaro's non powered.... I would really like to keep them if possible
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:08 PM   #1140
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Beautiful interiors Pete.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:28 PM   #1141
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Guys I have been traveling and am way behind on my Camaro5 stuff. I really like it here. I did mention in another thread I have been bitten by the CTS-V with the Recaro seating. That would be a real budget buster for our Z/28 project, but I thought you might like to see it anyway.

The down side is no weight savings and our Z/28 needs weight savings. A set of well upholstered racing seats would do wonders for weight reduction. Last fall I learned that Sparco does the Bugatti seating.

Just thinking out loud.
We also know that GM has at least 1 set of Spacaros installed in a Camaro that was undergoing track testing recently
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:20 PM   #1142
Blizzard
Searching for the truth

Drives: 85 K-10, 13 1LE
Something like the Recaro Speed S seats would work
Old 09-28-2011, 12:45 PM   #1143
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Don't forget Corbeau. Many options (matching materials, suede, leather etc.), many styles, sensible price$. Worked great in a One Lap Vette we built with now-60,000 miles of cross-country, 16-20 hr/day use...an environment where comfort is important, as well as "grip".

http://www.corbeau.com/
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:00 PM   #1144
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
They've used Brembo now in several of their performance cars...including the most recent Cobalt SS.

They've used Recaro in the Regal GS concept, CTS-V....I will actually be VERY surprised if they weren't an option in the ZL1 - ala an easy option for the Z28.

I sat in them once...not sure I feel about them...I may not have had it adjusted properly...
Old 09-30-2011, 12:07 PM   #1145
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
I struggled with where to post this first. In the end, the die hard Z/28 guys live here.

Time to

We have been working with a special partner to create what we consider to be the ultimate 5th Gen Camaro. We started with the premise that Pedders USA 2010 SEMA / OPTIMA / Road Course Camaro was the ultimate Camaro. The performance range of that car put it on an equal footing with a Z06. That was then. This is now. We want to be faster. A lot faster.

No forced induction -- just a 427 that makes more RWHP and more RWTQ than the as-fast-as-a Z06 Pedders Camaro.

Better Brakes -- The CTS-V brakes are wonderful, but the goal is to be faster. To be faster we needed better brakes. We got them.

Stronger Differential -- Our ZR1 hunting Camaro had to have a stronger differential to take the abuse of hurtling a two-ton Camaro around a road course and put down power in the turns no matter what the G load. That box has been checked.

Thermal Management -- Got to have a carbon fiber heat extractor hood. If we want to run all day we felt a custom radiator was in order. Done.

5 Point Harnesses -- Our old car ran with nothing more than the factory belt. We didn't even use a G Lock. Drivers are faster when they don't have to hold on and driver. The new Z project has driver and passenger 5 Point Harnesses.

There is more, but that is all the beans this can had. I can't wait for SEMA to debut this Z. To be very clear, this is not a show car. It is a go car from conception. It is a vehicle that we all would love to see GM build. They can't build what we are building by regulation and economics. I know some will be disappointed with the price point for our custom built Z. I guarantee you that no one will be disappointed with the performance numbers. Oh how I wish this car was rolling off the GM assembly line. Maybe it will some day, but I want what I want and I wanted it now. I got it with a little help from my friends.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:12 PM   #1146
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
I struggled with where to post this first. In the end, the die hard Z/28 guys live here.

Time to

We have been working with a special partner to create what we consider to be the ultimate 5th Gen Camaro. We started with the premise that Pedders USA 2010 SEMA / OPTIMA / Road Course Camaro was the ultimate Camaro. The performance range of that car put it on an equal footing with a Z06. That was then. This is now. We want to be faster. A lot faster.

No forced induction -- just a 427 that makes more RWHP and more RWTQ than the as-fast-as-a Z06 Pedders Camaro.

Better Brakes -- The CTS-V brakes are wonderful, but the goal is to be faster. To be faster we needed better brakes. We got them.

Stronger Differential -- Our ZR1 hunting Camaro had to have a stronger differential to take the abuse of hurtling a two-ton Camaro around a road course and put down power in the turns no matter what the G load. That box has been checked.

Thermal Management -- Got to have a carbon fiber heat extractor hood. If we want to run all day we felt a custom radiator was in order. Done.

5 Point Harnesses -- Our old car ran with nothing more than the factory belt. We didn't even use a G Lock. Drivers are faster when they don't have to hold on and driver. The new Z project has driver and passenger 5 Point Harnesses.

There is more, but that is all the beans this can had. I can't wait for SEMA to debut this Z. To be very clear, this is not a show car. It is a go car from conception. It is a vehicle that we all would love to see GM build. They can't build what we are building by regulation and economics. I know some will be disappointed with the price point for our custom built Z. I guarantee you that no one will be disappointed with the performance numbers. Oh how I wish this car was rolling off the GM assembly line. Maybe it will some day, but I want what I want and I wanted it now. I got it with a little help from my friends.
What is this you speak of?

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:39 PM   #1147
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:

Time to

Very "nice" Pete!
Now make it look incredibly "MEAN".

Last edited by 2cnd chance; 09-30-2011 at 07:45 PM.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:14 PM   #1148
thePill
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
All I want to see in this "Ultimate 5th Gen" is a tribute to that in which instills competition, spite and overall fuel that feeds this 50 year old fire that currently burns in over 3 million Americans.

I want this decal to grace the sheet metal or bumper covers of this so called "Ultimate 5th Gen" so this pony car war continues (even though GM already lost in 2002). I would also like this "Ultimate 5th Gen" to be displayed at Camarofest IV as I gracefully bow out of the war industry and hopefully assume my position in an automotive industry war (yes, I am going to retire).

This is my proposal.. supporting the troops and fueling the fire... I worked long and hard on this.
Attached Images

thePill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
700 hp z/28 in 2014, the greatest camaro