Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Old 11-18-2012, 12:20 AM   #1
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
New Member - Wiki Suggestion

(I posted this in the wiki discussion thread, but I don't think that discussion gets a lot of views, as it's kinda separate from the rest of the forum. So I'm reposting it here for some feedback. Sorry if this is a no no.)

Hi all. Longtime lurker here, but just recently joined.

I have found the wiki very useful, but over my time lurking have found other odds and ends of information that I think would be useful to a prospective 5th Gen owner that I don't see listed, or at least easily found. For example:

* RS Package description

I know that for the '10 and '11 model years, this package included appearance items such as unique (midnight silver) 20" wheels with summer tires (VERY important info for us members that live in the northern climates), HID headlights w/halo rings, a rear spoiler, darkened tail lamps, body colored roof ditch moldings, as well as RS badges (or red SS badges). Then in 2012, a few of those items became standard equipment across the line, such as the spoiler and tail lamps, while the 2012 RS package added the body colored sharkfin antenna.

I know some of the RS package changes are listed in the 2012 model year changes section, and that the spoiler is listed as being available with the RS package in the 2010 equipment comparison section, but it seems you have to hunt around to find all of the RS package information. Also, I have seen a number of threads asking "Do I Have an RS?", etc. It would be nice to have a full package description in its own section. Also, the RS is only available on LT trim and above, correct? That would be good to know as well.

* LS Gearing Differences

I have also found during my lurking that at some point (2012, maybe?) the gearing in the LS trim was changed from the rest of the lineup to allow for slightly better fuel economy, at the cost of slightly worse acceleration (or is it only top end that's affected--I'm not sure . This, too, would be good to have added to the wiki.

A couple of other bits of info I think would be useful additions would be the limited top speed of the different trim levels. From what I've gleaned from the forum, the LS is electronically limited to 115mph, the LT to 145mph, and the LT/RS to 155mph. I think the SS is 165mph? I don't remember. I've seen a number of threads or discussions with varying opinions about this, and having the info in the wiki could save some repeat questions, IMO. Maybe adding why would be good info too--I think it's due to tires, but I don't know if the LS gearing has anything to do with it either.

Maybe there could just be an "Option Packages" section added that discusses RS, Convenience/Connectivity, Rear Vision, etc., in more detail, with the changes across the model years?

Anyway, this wiki is great and very helpful for a hopeful 5th Gen owner like me, and I really appreciate whoever put it together. I apologize if the information I am asking to be added is already there, and I just missed it somehow.

Thanks for such a great forum!
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting

Last edited by 911medic; 12-13-2012 at 05:54 PM.
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote