Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 12-05-2012, 09:38 PM   #15
Sikoriko

Drives: 2011 V6 IOM
Wires? The wait is worth it. The support from these FI venders are great, but remember more v6 camaro owners are getting these installed
Sikoriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:50 PM   #16
jameslk55

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS, 2005 SLK55 AMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikoriko View Post
Wires? The wait is worth it. The support from these FI venders are great, but remember more v6 camaro owners are getting these installed
The wait must be worth it for a reply. Three people asked in another thread how much the V6 supercharger kit was currently and how much the increase was for 2013. Two posts from IPF completely ignored the questions. I never got an email reply when I asked about their tune a while back. Way to pay attention to the details-like a missing OBDII wire.

Hopefully there will be no other hiccups, MaroMike94! Keep us updated!
jameslk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:39 PM   #17
Neuf Cruz

Drives: 2011 LS Black on Black 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaroMike94 View Post
Just received my ipf supercharger and the obd2 wire in the picture wasn't included :( Now waiting for one to be shipped so I can start the install. Just like my luck.
Curious! What is so special about this wire? Im way too impatient. I woud be using speaker wire to get that bad boy going!

Keep us posted on results! Very curious minds want to know!

Roto-Fab CAI-Ported Throttle Body-Black Ice Isolator-Flow Master Axle Back-RX-Catch Can-Hurst Short Throw Shifter-Trifecta Tune\Ghost Cam

Phantom Billet Grill-Billet Fuel Door-Side Gills-Headlight Armor Black Out Kit-Zenik Rims-Lowering Springs-MGP Caliper Covers-Dome\Trunk\Footwell Lighting.
Neuf Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:59 PM   #18
Ikmv
Deer Whisperer

Drives: 2011 SGM 1LT/RS IPF Supercharged
Send a message via AIM to Ikmv Send a message via Skype™ to Ikmv
The only OBD2 wire in the kit is the one for the tuning module,if I remmeber correctly. You can start the install at least and knowing IPF they will overnight you the wire so by the time you finish the hardware install the wire will be there for the tune.
Ikmv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:30 PM   #19
MaroMike94

Drives: 2012 camaro lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuf Cruz View Post
Curious! What is so special about this wire? Im way too impatient. I woud be using speaker wire to get that bad boy going!

Keep us posted on results! Very curious minds want to know!
It didn't come with the tuning module either. I could install the SC but not tune it. But I wanna make sure I do everything at the same time.
MaroMike94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:08 AM   #20
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameslk350 View Post
The wait must be worth it for a reply. Three people asked in another thread how much the V6 supercharger kit was currently and how much the increase was for 2013. Two posts from IPF completely ignored the questions. I never got an email reply when I asked about their tune a while back. Way to pay attention to the details-like a missing OBDII wire.

They may have received PM's. I think there is protocol about vendors posting pricing in certain sub forums. The current price is $5695.00. That's what I paid for mine. Maybe it'll be going up a 200.00??? hopefully it doesn't do what cheese has done over the last 2 years.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:36 AM   #21
camarozzzz

Drives: Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameslk350 View Post

Dude, in all honesty, I have found nothing but rudeness from the vendors on this site....and absolute bullsh*t.

I am at the point where I am sitting at home and thinking WTF TAKE MY MONEY ALREADY I WANT TO BUY YOUR STUFF......

Won't point any fingers anywhere.

I will keep this thread saved though to find out if this issue gets solved. My biggest pet peeve when it comes to online buying is not getting what you paid for the way it should be....
camarozzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:50 AM   #22
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarozzzz View Post
Dude, in all honesty, I have found nothing but rudeness from the vendors on this site....and absolute bullsh*t.

I am at the point where I am sitting at home and thinking WTF TAKE MY MONEY ALREADY I WANT TO BUY YOUR STUFF......

I will keep this thread saved though to find out if this issue gets solved. My biggest pet peeve when it comes to online buying is not getting what you paid for the way it should be....
Really? That's too bad. I've only run into that with one. IPF, Auto Agenda and Apex have been fantastic to work with.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:28 AM   #23
camarozzzz

Drives: Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
Really? That's too bad. I've only run into that with one. IPF, Auto Agenda and Apex have been fantastic to work with.
Yaaaa...I find it kind of surprising....especially because all of the items I want are fairly nicely priced...so you know, I would assume they want the money.

I have a feeling it has to do with the fact I live in Canada and they just don't want to bother ship up here - despite their sites saying they will ship here.

I haven't tried Apex or Auto Agenda! I will check them out!
camarozzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:23 AM   #24
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:

There are good ones and bad ones, just the way it is. I will say that I think there are a lot of lazy people like me who were unhappy with the way they were treated but just don't feel like posting about it.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:11 PM   #25
MaroMike94

Drives: 2012 camaro lt
Quote:

Damn all the vendors I've come across we're pretty helpful. Even Jesse at ipf, he seems to be trying to get everything to me! The next shipment should be everything I need, I'll post pics and let everyone know how It goes.
MaroMike94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:28 PM   #26
OKCwhiteKnight

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Camaro 2015 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaroMike94 View Post
It didn't come with the tuning module either. I could install the SC but not tune it. But I wanna make sure I do everything at the same time.
No tuning module? It was supposed to be included,correct?....Yeah,don't blame you,I like to get things completed once I start.Weekend projects,etc.Plus you spent almost 6K.

OKCwhiteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:57 PM   #27
Sikoriko

Drives: 2011 V6 IOM
I did not get a tuner at first. you'll have to send it to IPF for a flash. threre is only a few numbers of tuners out there, It won't be yours to keep. Are your going to have a shop to tune it?
Sikoriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:21 PM   #28
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Everyone I know that got the SC kit had the Flash module included with the kit. All I had to do is use their software to link to their web site to down load my tune. Any issues were reported back then IPF turns the tune around in hours not days.