Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: Totaled vs repairable
Car is totaled 208 85.95%
Car is repairable 20 8.26%
50/50 a undecided 14 5.79%
Voters: 242. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-12-2014, 07:19 PM   #1
Msmall143

Drives: Camaro
Update...car is totaled! Pics from wreck and poll (repairable vs totaled) -

*quick note, I was only one in car and am fine. Another driver not in pics was issued a citation and police siad they are at fault

You may not have seen it but I have a thread going in the 1le section with details about a wreck I was in.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=336845

My question is this....is there anything I can do to influence this being written off as totaled? Does it help if I tell them I'm going to make them get it perfect? Or can I point out specifics that will be costly or will the adjuster understand this?

Any advice?

Also while were at it let's start a poll.....
Attached Images

Last edited by Msmall143; 01-20-2014 at 10:15 AM.
Msmall143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:27 PM   #2
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
I my non-expert opinion: your frame has to be seriously bent, your engine is toast, front and side airbags deployed, if repaired it'll never be the same as it was... It's totaled.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:29 PM   #3
Shift_Rejected
2010 2SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS (L99)
It's already totaled, from my personal Camaro accident experience.

I'd say sorry but it sounds like your getting what u wished for.. #BeCarefull
Shift_Rejected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:33 PM   #4
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Judging from the pictures I would say it's totaled.
More importantly is everyone OK?
Old 01-12-2014, 07:33 PM   #5
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
My mom has a talent for getting hit hard by people. She's had a couple where they repaired the car. Then she found a bunch of stuff still wrong or not quite fixed and took it back so the shop did some more work. Did that 3 or 4 times until the repair price, which had been done in full, was enough to total the car so they cut her a check and they got the fixed car. Strange.

But I think the answer is just keep bitching until they total it.

Here's my opinion. That's a track car but it will never be trackable again no matter what shop works on it. So yeah, you want it totaled.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:35 PM   #6
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
It's a total loss.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:38 PM   #7
Msmall143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Judging from the pictures I would say it's totaled.
More importantly is everyone OK?
I'm good....will include that in post. A third driver not in pictures was sited as the at fault deiver
Old 01-12-2014, 07:46 PM   #8
Dubscamaro
Living Life in MPH.

Drives: 15 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Totaled, I wish I could buy those wheels :( sad sorry about the car!
Old 01-12-2014, 07:53 PM   #9
Msmall143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubscamaro View Post
Totaled, I wish I could buy those wheels :( sad sorry about the car!
LOL! first dibbs! If its totaled i'll be following it to the slavage yard to snag the headers, cats, wheels and rockers

The scary part is, you kow thier are guys wishing this was a 2014 1le with recaros so they could snag them up
Old 01-12-2014, 08:01 PM   #10
RazorLED

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
I have been in your situation twice. In both cases the vehicle should have been totaled but due to my lack experience I ended up with a car that was never right. in the first case I had a brand new F 250 in 1998 that rolled over to hydroplaning. in that case they repaired the vehicle and the things that crooked. Thank goodness it was a leased vehicle.

In my other case I had a Nissan Armada and a kid pulled out in front of me and I had a head on collision with him similar to the look of your accident. In that case I went back and forth with the insurance company and they chose to repair it because the repairs were still 2000 dollars less than totaling the vehicle out. I immediatelytraded the vehicle in the day I got it back. When they ask you if the vehicles ever been in an accident all you have to say is run a CARFAX report. It won't be in the system and you'll be free and clear. I've had to do that twice once with the Armada and o.nce with an Infiniti QX 56. that was in 2006 and 2007. in both cases I asked the repair shops if they report to CARFAX and they both said no.

I know how much that sucks I'm sorry to see that you're going through it. I would say if they repair it, trade it in right away. start looking for your replacement car.
RazorLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:04 PM   #11
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
ouch. wow. what a mess. that car has to be totaled. i agree with the others, you dont want that car back. so sorry, that was a nice car. good thing all are ok.
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:05 PM   #12
Msmall143

You say lack of experience, what would you have done different to increase the chances of them totalling it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorLED View Post
I have been in your situation twice. In both cases the vehicle should have been totaled but due to my lack experience I ended up with a car that was never right. in the first case I had a brand new F 250 in 1998 that rolled over to hydroplaning. in that case they repaired the vehicle and the things that crooked. Thank goodness it was a leased vehicle.

In my other case I had a Nissan Armada and a kid pulled out in front of me and I had a head on collision with him similar to the look of your accident. In that case I went back and forth with the insurance company and they chose to repair it because the repairs were still 2000 dollars less than totaling the vehicle out. I immediatelytraded the vehicle in the day I got it back. When they ask you if the vehicles ever been in an accident all you have to say is run a CARFAX report. It won't be in the system and you'll be free and clear. I've had to do that twice once with the Armada and o.nce with an Infiniti QX 56. that was in 2006 and 2007. in both cases I asked the repair shops if they report to CARFAX and they both said no.

I know how much that sucks I'm sorry to see that you're going through it. I would say if they repair it, trade it in right away. start looking for your replacement car.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:09 PM   #13
SSMKNU2

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
By the way it looks I'd say they would total it.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:14 PM   #14
Dubscamaro
Living Life in MPH.

Drives: 15 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmall143 View Post
LOL! first dibbs! If its totaled i'll be following it to the slavage yard to snag the headers, cats, wheels and rockers

The scary part is, you kow thier are guys wishing this was a 2014 1le with recaros so they could snag them up
Lol lucky you should get a 1LE then put those on