Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 04-12-2014, 09:56 PM   #1
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
Lethal - Lacking Customer Service

My experience with Lethal hasn't been appalling but it has certainly not been exceptional / favorable. I can understand a business becoming busy but Customer service is important to me. My problem was partly resolved thanks to another vendor stepping in to help get things correct.

I believe they have the best intentions but after educating myself on springs I became quickly alarmed with the PAC-1208x. I'm a bit concerned they can cause premature wear to the valve train. The PAC-1208x springs apply a good amount of valve train pressure and could cause premature wear on parts. I took comp cams suggestion and got springs that have a spring rate closer to the CAM's lift.

I really wish I could better explain but there are some people out there smarter than I that can explain it better so I won't try to explain it.

Below is a quick timeline of the events I've had with Lethal Racing:

3/11
  • Mid Day, Contacted Lethal Via Camaro5 PM about interests in a purchase.
  • 10pm Lethal Racing Replies saying to call in morning and talk with Shawn.

3/12
  • Called Lethal Racing @ noon and placed Order via phone with Shawn (no tracking info ever supplied for order, just fyi)

3/15
  • Received my ordered items (1 missing valve seal from order). Filled out the Contact Form via Lethal Racing's website supplying my Order Information and explained what item was missing. Also contacted via Camaro5 PM as well to notify of missing item and to notify that I contacted via the website form.
  • Lethal Racing replied a couple hours later via Camaro5 PM and said they'd ship out the 1 missing valve seal. (no tracking info was provided at any time for this item)

3/20
  • Received a Duplication of my Order (Springs/Locators/Seats/Cam Gear/Valve Seals) Contacted Lethal via PM on Camaro5 to notify that I received duplicate items. Also at this time Submitted an email via the Contact Form on Lethal Racing's website about this error.

3/21
  • Received the 1 Valve Seal that was originally missing from my order.

3/24
  • Called Lethal @ 9am CST, No answer, Left Voice mail
  • Called Lethal @ 3pm CST, No answer

3/26
  • 11:58am (Central time) Shawn called and left VM for me on my cell.
  • Called Lethal Racing @ 1pm CST in return to Shawn's call and talked about the duplicate PAC-1208x springs, he said he would get me a shipping return label via email for the items. He also mentioned that I should be expecting another item soon due to the duplicate order mishap. At this time I stressed my concern about the springs being too much and are not a good fit for the cam I purchased and I didn't feel all that comfortable installing them since they have such a high spring rate for the cam. Shawn tried to explain that they will last longer and do just fine.
  • Called Lethal @ 2pm CST to try and talk to Shawn about a refund on the springs, no answer, left Voice mail
  • Called Lethal @ 4pm CST, gal answered said Shawn was busy getting parts for the Dyno and to call @ 8am tomorrow to talk about a refund with Shawn.

3/27
  • Called Lethal @ 8:11am CST, No answer,
  • Called Lethal @ 8:23am CST, gal answered and said they don't get in until 8:30am and that only she gets in @ 7am. I was informed that Shawn was out running errands and would call me as soon as he got in.
  • Called Lethal @ 1:00pm CST, due to no call back.. no one answered phone
  • Called Lethal @ 1:30pm CST, No answer
  • Called Lethal @ 3:30pm CST, No answer

3/28
  • Called @ 10am CST, No answer, left Voice mail asking for a call back.

3/30
  • Brian Tooley Contacts me directly out of the blue via Facebook due to seeing a post I made in a group on 3/26 about my concerns and questions with the PAC-1208x springs which I kept updated with comments about lack of communication & frustration with Lethal. He offered to exchange my PAC springs for a store credit which I accepted.

3/31
  • Shipped my original Spring purchase (that I wanted a refund on from Lethal) to Brian Tooley. Provided Tracking number to Brian Tooley soon as I made the shipper.

4/1
  • Called Lethal approx 10-11am CST, No Answer.

4/11
  • Received my Brian Tooley Racing Springs from Brian which is all in all a better spring for the cam I have over what Lethal sold.

Current Day
Still no word from Lethal Racing.... not sure if they really want their duplicate shipment back or not?

** Update **

4/14
  • 4:16pm CST Shawn calls my work phone and leaves a message.

4/15
  • 7:17am Shawn calls my work phone and leaves a message. I was on a conference call meeting at this time so couldn't answer.
  • Called Lethal @ 8:08am CST, no answer left voice mail.
  • 8:15am Lethal called back in return of my call / voice mail. Specified to the gal that I was returning call that Shawn made and that I've yet to hear from anyone and I still have duplicate items sitting at home. She specified she will check with Shawn on what would be the best option for a return label and will call me back.
  • 12:20pm Received a Return Shipping Label via email
  • 12:25pm Shawn called to discuss any issues I have. Mentioned he saw this post and wanted to do what he could to clear anything up and help me out. He was apologetic and said that there was a break down in communication that he will be looking into as he thought everything was taken care of last time we talked on the 26th. He was under the assumption a return label was sent to me per him instructing Brian? to set one up / send to me. He mentioned if had he been aware he would have been more than willing to refund or swap out for the Manley springs etc...

Appears this is now resolved and the duplicate items will be finding their way back to lethal this week.

Concluding Thoughts....
I know no one is perfect and things happen or people get busy. It's just unfortunate it happened during my experience. I have a nice Cam and I have springs now that I'm comfortable with for my knowledge level. It was a frustrating and stretched out experience but in the end everything appears to be resolved.

Last edited by Ject; 04-15-2014 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Updates / Grammar Edits
Ject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 10:10 PM   #2
Jared91

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/M6
Wow. When I ordered my cam from them it had parts missing but 1 phone call and they took care of it. It should NEVER take that many calls to get somewhere.
2011 Ls3. Slp TSV2300. 8PSI. 3.4 Pulley. Livernois Twin Fuel Pump. Id850 Injectors. Slp 1 3/4 headers. CAI Cold Air Intake. 3inch exhaust. V-Maxx portted throttle body. Night Fury cam. Lpe 391 gears. Fj performence tune. 643rwhp 574rwtq
Jared91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 10:39 PM   #3
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
BTR ftw!
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 03:26 PM   #4
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Brian is extremely cool and helpful. Glad you got it all sorted out.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:54 PM   #5
DietCoke
Slow Turtle

Drives: 2011 1SS
Send a message via AIM to DietCoke
lol
DietCoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:59 PM   #6
Ron_Robinson1

Drives: A Static line to a pack tray & ZL1
Send a message via AIM to Ron_Robinson1
Hummmmm.
SOLD-2011 SS M6: Blower, Cam, Alky, LTs.
Ron_Robinson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:29 AM   #7
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
Updates shown above in original posting. I finally have some form of communication with Lethal Racing. A little late to the party as part of the problem was resolved by Brian Tooley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rberns View Post
BTR ftw!
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
Brian is extremely cool and helpful. Glad you got it all sorted out.
Couldn't agree more. Brian Tooley went above and beyond when he didn't need to at all. I'm glad there are people / vendors out there willing to help.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:29 PM   #8
SNSSTR
All About That Speed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
So it sounds like the 'gal' answering (or rather not answering) the phone wasn't doing her job and passing along messages as she should have.

Glad to hear you got it worked out OP. It's crazy how one person's actions (gal) can create such a hectic and frustrating situation.

2010 SS M6 | 416 CI | H/C/I | GPI TUNED | SNSSTR
SNSSTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:19 AM   #9
realcanuk

Drives: 2007 Corvette C6 983 RWHP
That is the kind of service that would tell me to never use that shop again. Problems can be expected. It is how they are handled that counts.

Kudos to Brian for stepping up to help out. That's service !!
Dewitts / dual spals, A&A dual pump fuel system.
3.42 polished gears, hardened shafts, Alky control meth, Cartech line lock, ECS axle loops, Trans brace, 6L80 built by me.
ID 1000 injectors, comp rockers, Morel lifters, BT springs, Trend 3/8 pushrods, ATI 10% OD Damper
Circle D Triple Disc stall
1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWTQ @ 6000,
realcanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:40 PM   #10
Detoxx03
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Drives: 2008 Corvette
Glad Brian got you the correct parts and customer service we all expect. Sounds like once that happened Lethal tried to make it right based on you getting help from someone else but man was it way too late.

D1SC Procharger 932/758 on E85
A Futral Motorsports Creation
https://www.facebook.com/DetoxxAtomic
Detoxx03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:54 PM   #11
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
the OP has stated his issue and has stated his opinion. Lethal Racing is aware and has made contact with the OP to apologize and offer help. We are extremely busy and try our best to attend to everyone asap, but we are human also...
All these other post do nothing to help the OP or give positive input but fall directly under Camaro 5's definition of trolling. If you have a preferred shop that's fine but no need to inflame a thread just for the simple fact of doing it. This stands out as plain as day for everyone else and people see through it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TRAN:
"I have noticed an uptick on the forums by certain members (you know who you are) whose agenda is to troll certain vendors/sponsors. Please be aware that this will not be tolerated and will result in account suspension or ban. Take this warning seriously.

It's perfectly OK to lodge a legitimate complaint in the vendors feedback forum, but this only needs to be done once - by creating your own thread.

But, it's quite another to repeatedly troll threads against certain vendors. Trolling will not be tolerated and will result in account suspension if it continues

TO ALL: If you have a legitimate complaint, you're free to make a thread about it in this section, but you will not be allowed to troll vendors/sponsors. The definition of trolling is repeatedly jumping into threads about vendors/sponsors to complain or attack. "
BLACK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:53 PM   #12
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
BTW, your banner does not seem to be working. It does not connect us to your Facebook page, FYI.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:47 PM   #13
Nightmare2012
come find out;)

Drives: stockish 2012 camaro ss
Lethal does have issues coming in contact with customers maybe since they are under staffed if you are physically at their shop they offer the most amazing customer service and their attention is all focused on you. But if you're a email customer they do have a bit problem communicating overall I give it a 8/10 stars.
Nightmare2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:47 PM   #14
SolomonAKOO

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK10 View Post
the OP has stated his issue and has stated his opinion. Lethal Racing is aware and has made contact with the OP to apologize and offer help. We are extremely busy and try our best to attend to everyone asap, but we are human also...

All these other post do nothing to help the OP or give positive input but fall directly under Camaro 5's definition of trolling. If you have a preferred shop that's fine but no need to inflame a thread just for the simple fact of doing it. This stands out as plain as day for everyone else and people see through it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TRAN:

"I have noticed an uptick on the forums by certain members (you know who you are) whose agenda is to troll certain vendors/sponsors. Please be aware that this will not be tolerated and will result in account suspension or ban. Take this warning seriously.

It's perfectly OK to lodge a legitimate complaint in the vendors feedback forum, but this only needs to be done once - by creating your own thread.

But, it's quite another to repeatedly troll threads against certain vendors. Trolling will not be tolerated and will result in account suspension if it continues

TO ALL: If you have a legitimate complaint, you're free to make a thread about it in this section, but you will not be allowed to troll vendors/sponsors. The definition of trolling is repeatedly jumping into threads about vendors/sponsors to complain or attack. "

If you guys are that busy maybe you should try to hire some more help, just so this doesn't happen. Not trying to troll or anything just a suggestion.