Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 09-29-2015, 09:58 PM   #1
Trans damm

Drives: Trans am
50th Anniversary edition thoughts.

What are the possibilities for this car? I would kill for a matte white body and some blue stripes. Will they do white/orange? Red/silver? Graphite black? Lol. The Trans Am's were easy. Always white and blue.
Trans damm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 10:24 PM   #2
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trans damm View Post
What are the possibilities for this car? I would kill for a matte white body and some blue stripes. Will they do white/orange? Red/silver? Graphite black? Lol. The Trans Am's were easy. Always white and blue.
I wouldn't be opposed to some matte finishes - a Matte white ZL1 with black wheels...

a Matte black ZL1 with black wheels

a Matte garnet Red with black wheels

yeah, i'm good with matte.
Old 09-30-2015, 12:13 AM   #3
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Matte finish is gorgous, but impossible to maintain. I think BMW and Audi have a couple matte finish cars. The issue is there's no correcting the paint once it gets damaged. You can't polish it, otherwise you introduce shine.
Old 09-30-2015, 06:44 AM   #4
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
For the 50th. Anniversary the 1LE edition with Recaro or Competition seat with optional A8 transmission, hopefully should come out for Camaro to be able to beat the GT350.
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 07:31 AM   #5
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
I would like to see something cool, but itll probably just be a stripe and wheel package.
Old 09-30-2015, 08:04 AM   #6
Trans damm

I agree matte is a stretch. What colors do you think this sticker and wheel package will be. It Would be cool if Chevy let the enthusiasts choose through a poll or something.
Old 09-30-2015, 08:14 AM   #7
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
As others have said, I'd expect unique wheels, stripes, emblems (exterior and interior), maybe a small but unique change the interior. Anything above that is just icing on the cake.

I think the 50th Mustang offered all of that, plus unique paint scheme, plus some kind of side-rear window cover, and I think you could also get either a lower rear end, or the PP package with the auto transmission, but I know that isn't quite right.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:04 AM   #8
ZWA SS
BowtieBelle's SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I'm guessing hugged orange with some special edition stripes. And houndstooth interior.
Unfortunately I don't think it'll be anything special performance wise.
ZWA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 09:44 AM   #9
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trans damm View Post
I agree matte is a stretch. What colors do you think this sticker and wheel package will be. It Would be cool if Chevy let the enthusiasts choose through a poll or something.
They let someone name the color of Green Flash for the special edition on a '15 model. It would be cool if it was like how LAYS does a flavor potatoe chip from time to time.
Old 09-30-2015, 11:41 AM   #10
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosse'sBoss View Post
For the 50th. Anniversary the 1LE edition with Recaro or Competition seat with optional A8 transmission, hopefully should come out for Camaro to be able to beat the GT350.
The GT350 was a design fail to beat the 2SS or match the 1LE...but there are C5 threads for that.

I am unfamiliar with prior "Anniversary Editions" however, if we follow GM's recent pattern, your model availability will be:

V6 Coupe
V6 Vert
V8 Coupe
V8 Vert
Non base model; "2"
RS with premium audio Standard (no option)

1LE / ZL1 / Z28 unavailable

Manual or Stick
Nav / no-Nav
NPP

Personally, I hope they do a limited production (1,250ish) no-options, no-choice, take it or leave it 1LE or Z28. I do not believe GM has offered such a vehicle since the 1997 (6?) Black on Black Monte Carlo SS and possibly the WS6, but I am not well versed in such heritage.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 12:38 PM   #11
KevinK

Drives: '02 SS 345/M6 conv.
I would agree the performance of a 50th most likely will be no different that what's being offered in the normal line-up.
With that said, I'd love to see a unique (anniversary only) color, like a white diamond tricoat , blue stripe(s) and blue convertible top (and throw in a blue interior package).
Reminiscent of the '67 Pace Car

KevinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 02:54 PM   #12
Trans damm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinK View Post
I would agree the performance of a 50th most likely will be no different that what's being offered in the normal line-up.
With that said, I'd love to see a unique (anniversary only) color, like a white diamond tricoat , blue stripe(s) and blue convertible top (and throw in a blue interior package).
Reminiscent of the '67 Pace Car

Now we're talking. I would be in for that if they offer it in a Z version.
Old 09-30-2015, 05:10 PM   #13
Thebeezwax

Drives: Has 4 wheels
will be the ZL1
Thebeezwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 06:45 PM   #14
BRMike

Drives: 2017 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
As others have said, I'd expect unique wheels, stripes, emblems (exterior and interior), maybe a small but unique change the interior. Anything above that is just icing on the cake.

I think the 50th Mustang offered all of that, plus unique paint scheme, plus some kind of side-rear window cover, and I think you could also get either a lower rear end, or the PP package with the auto transmission, but I know that isn't quite right.
I would expect something similar to the 45th.

There was a true 50th anniversary edition Mustang that was limited to 1,964 copies. Each car was numbered with a plate on the dash. The cars were only available as coupe with Wimbelton White or Kona Blue paint (neither of which was available on other Mustangs). This had unique quarter glass, not covers.
Then, there was the 50 Years Edition option package, which was available on the GT Premium and EcoBoost Premium. It had a few unique pieces (chrome accents in grill and rear, unique wheels, embossed seat backs with 50 years logo, etc.).
2018 Kenetic Blue Metallic Chevrolet Colorado Z71 Crew Cab (8A)
BRMike is offline   Reply With Quote