Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 06-06-2012, 10:33 AM   #3851
D33k

Drives: Mazdaspeed 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by K1SSRSS View Post
Awesome, I know a few of us have been thinking about it. Welcome to the forum.
Thanks, yeah it's super addicting, tried it for first time last year and have been hooked since.
D33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:02 AM   #3852
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave15766 View Post
All,

I added the red stripe to my 45th what do you guys think?
Total sex man! those half hockeys look killer on the 45th, can't wait to see it in person!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33k View Post
Hey guys new to the forums, don't currently have a camaro but thinking bout picking up a new ss. Have seen a bunch out at the el paso motorplex. Wanted to let you guys know the local scca chapter (autocross) will be holding its next event Sunday June 17th at out Cohen stadium which is off patriot freeway and trans mountain (el paso diablos parking lot). Our courses are normally around 1 mile long. If you are worried about going for your first time or making a mistake I can tell you from first hand experience that everyone is extremely friendly and more then willing to give pointers and advise.

If you have any questions you can check panamscca.com or post them up here. would love to see you guys come out.
Hells yeah man, I for one have been really wanting to partake in this but have been a little nervous because how green I would be doing it. And as Ryan (K1SSRSS) has mentioned, that a few of us have reallyu been wanting to partake in this. We just need some extar info on it such as price, dates, rules, you know the general info so we can see what we can sort out.

In regards to you getting a new Camaro, that's F'N cool news to hear. I'm not sure how well you are with keeping up on all things 5th Gen Camaro but Chevrolet is about to release a new option package to the SS sometime this year and it may just be right up your alley. It's the 1LE and is a track ready package, think of the power that comes with the SS but the suspension and track readiness of the ZL1, minus the magnaride suspension. It's supposedly gonna go for under $40,000 which isn't bad considering that a Camaro 2SS with RS package will run you right at $39,500. If you are into autocross and track racing, this car may be what you need at the price that you can afford.

WELCOME TO CAMARO5 EP/LC CHAPTER FOLKS!
Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:04 AM   #3853
Mysteek
Lounge Gangsta!!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave15766 View Post
All,

I added the red stripe to my 45th what do you guys think? Under the hood I added a CAI intake and an Elite Engineering Catch Can. Have a DRL Harness on the way from DIY5 and am still looking for the LED bulbs. Mine are not p13W. Also, looking for someone in el paso who does powdercoating on Calipers?
SWEET RIDE!!!

Quote:
Hey guys new to the forums, don't currently have a camaro but thinking bout picking up a new ss. Have seen a bunch out at the el paso motorplex. Wanted to let you guys know the local scca chapter (autocross) will be holding its next event Sunday June 17th at out Cohen stadium which is off patriot freeway and trans mountain (el paso diablos parking lot). Our courses are normally around 1 mile long. If you are worried about going for your first time or making a mistake I can tell you from first hand experience that everyone is extremely friendly and more then willing to give pointers and advise.

If you have any questions you can check panamscca.com or post them up here. would love to see you guys come out.
Welcome to C5 , yes it's very addicting!!!
Mysteek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:57 PM   #3854
D33k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char1ieone View Post
Hells yeah man, I for one have been really wanting to partake in this but have been a little nervous because how green I would be doing it. And as Ryan (K1SSRSS) has mentioned, that a few of us have really been wanting to partake in this. We just need some extra info on it such as price, dates, rules, you know the general info so we can see what we can sort out.

In regards to you getting a new Camaro, that's F'N cool news to hear. I'm not sure how well you are with keeping up on all things 5th Gen Camaro but Chevrolet is about to release a new option package to the SS sometime this year and it may just be right up your alley. It's the 1LE and is a track ready package, think of the power that comes with the SS but the suspension and track readiness of the ZL1, minus the magnaride suspension. It's supposedly gonna go for under $40,000 which isn't bad considering that a Camaro 2SS with RS package will run you right at $39,500. If you are into autocross and track racing, this car may be what you need at the price that you can afford.

WELCOME TO CAMARO5 EP/LC CHAPTER FOLKS!
Dont worry about being green, I was actually a rookie only last year, your prolly gonna be a little slower the first couple times out (normal). Occasionally we get a really fast rookie out who can beat some of the regular guys. So you never know, really depends on each person. There are some guys who have been racing for 40 years, if you want you can have some of the good guys ride along with you and give you pointers on getting better. Everyone is really helpful and nice.

Price is 45 for non members per event, 35 for members per event (10 discount every time) for a membership it is 80 per year, which not only includes a discount every race but great benefits like discounts from eibach, alamo, budget rental car, plus way more http://www.scca.com/about/?cid=44411

The dates are usually around every week or so, sometimes can be two events a weekend or once a month. Schedule can be found at http://www.panamscca.com/ on the right side of page or by clicking events tab (register for motorsportsreg.com (thats where all the events nation wide are listed, you can put find event within so many miles and enter your zip code.

As far as rules there are like 500 so ill give the jist of it.
There are classes to handicap cars, so that the car shouldn't be deciding factor but the driver should. Ie a corvette has less of handicap vs toyota corolla (corolla gets more to compete against vette). Once you start doing mods there are street touring classes, street prepared classes, street modified and prepared, basically we can help you figure out where you are depending on mods. You can also check http://www.scca.com/downloads/ on bottom right it says solo 2012 scca solo rules, you can download it and read it to see where your at etc. (not necessary though unless your bored)

Easy rules gotta have a helmet, (if you don't we have a ton of loaner ones) and car will pass safety inspection (battery tied down, nothing flying around in car etc). Pretty easy to pass.

As far as that new camaro that sounds awesome, it does sound right up my alley, already having a good suspension and not a bad price at all.

Sorry for the long post, and thanks again for all the welcomes.

Here is a video of my last event, dont mind the windshield wipers it happens lol
Old 06-06-2012, 02:43 PM   #3855
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Na man, the longer the posts the better. I love reading long posts, especially those that are very informative such as yours and opinionative ...unless it comes from Gigachip. But yes please, provide us as much information on SCCA as possible for our brothers and sisters to partake in events as such. Because you never know what's out there to do until you find it.

In terms of the Camaro SS 1LE at this link, it'll provide you with a lot og information about what it comes with. In terms of price though, that's waht everyone here on Camaro5 is waiting for, so don't quote me on it being under $40,000.
http://www.camaro5.com/official-2013...ng-under-40000
Old 06-06-2012, 07:01 PM   #3856
D33k

Quick question is the ss available in the paddle shifter? Wife doesnt know how to drive stick, but I have a hard time not buying manual cars. Figure I could still race if it was paddle shifting.

Edit* nevermind found that its available but only 400hp though.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:47 PM   #3857
ssummit camaro

Drives: 2013 1LE on order TPW 12/31
400 is great, you will love the auto. By the way is that a go pro your using. Been thinking about getting me one.
Quote:
Quick question is the ss available in the paddle shifter? Wife doesnt know how to drive stick, but I have a hard time not buying manual cars. Figure I could still race if it was paddle shifting.

Edit* nevermind found that its available but only 400hp though.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:31 PM   #3858
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Okay guys lets get this thing started. On Friday, June 15th we're going to be getting together to celebrate Four(4) member's birthdays that take place in the month of June. Pat(VRedC5) June 7th, Myself's and Shellie(danvillekid's woman) June 13th, and Greg (danvillekid) June 14th. We will meet at Bj's on the Eastside of EP at 7pm for dinner and then drive to the dragstrip for some fun. So, we need a list of who will be attending this night of festivities, and again don't worry if you do not want to drag, just come down and join and have some fun.

Members Partaking:
Char1ieone (Las Cruces) Drag
Borricua (El Paso) Drag
danvillekid (Alamogordo)
K1SSRSS (Las Cruces) Drag
mothrasnotapokemon (El Paso)
Gigachip (El Paso)

Last edited by Char1ieone; 06-07-2012 at 07:37 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:49 PM   #3859
danvillekidd
2013 ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 m6
Quote:
Okay guys lets get this thing started. On Friday, June 15th we're going to be getting together to celebrate Four(4) member's birthdays that take place in the month of June. Pat(VRedC5) June 7th, Myself's and Shellie(danvillekid's woman) June 13th, and Greg (danvillekid) June 15th. We will meet at Bj's on the Eastside of EP at 7pm for dinner and then drive to the dragstrip for some fun. So, we need a list of who will be attending this night of festivities.

Members Partaking:
Char1ieone (Las Cruces)
Borricua (El Paso)
Of course add us in! Btw mine is the 14th! Where is this BJ's and which track? We won't be able to leave Alamo until around 1730. Don't know how long it will take to get there.
danvillekidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:02 PM   #3860
D33k

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssummit camaro View Post
400 is great, you will love the auto. By the way is that a go pro your using. Been thinking about getting me one.
400 is still better then the 300 im using now, plus rwd, just gotta talk the wife into it lol. oh and its a canon point and shoot, its recording in 480 actually, a go pro would be like twice the quality.

i just picked up a nikon aw100, for roughness and quality in video.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:19 PM   #3861
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Quote:
Okay guys lets get this thing started. On Friday, June 15th we're going to be getting together to celebrate Four(4) member's birthdays that take place in the month of June. Pat(VRedC5) June 7th, Myself's and Shellie(danvillekid's woman) June 13th, and Greg (danvillekid) June 14th. We will meet at Bj's on the Eastside of EP at 7pm for dinner and then drive to the dragstrip for some fun. So, we need a list of who will be attending this night of festivities.

Members Partaking:
Char1ieone (Las Cruces)
Borricua (El Paso)
danvillekid (Alamogordo)
Were in and I decided on taking the camaro if its finished or not. It may not be running 100%, but this will be too fun to miss. I even splurged and got some new trailing arms for it so.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:50 PM   #3862
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1SSRSS View Post
Were in and I decided on taking the camaro if its finished or not. It may not be running 100%, but this will be too fun to miss. I even splurged and got some new trailing arms for it so.
F'N A brotha, glad to hear it. This is already turning out to be an epic evening!
Old 06-07-2012, 06:25 PM   #3863
mothraisnotapokemon
nyaomi

Drives: yellow/black striped convertable2SS
Quote:
Okay guys lets get this thing started. On Friday, June 15th we're going to be getting together to celebrate Four(4) member's birthdays that take place in the month of June. Pat(VRedC5) June 7th, Myself's and Shellie(danvillekid's woman) June 13th, and Greg (danvillekid) June 14th. We will meet at Bj's on the Eastside of EP at 7pm for dinner and then drive to the dragstrip for some fun. So, we need a list of who will be attending this night of festivities, and again don't worry if you do not want to drag, just come down and join and have some fun.

Members Partaking:
Char1ieone (Las Cruces) Drag
Borricua (El Paso) Drag
danvillekid (Alamogordo)
K1SSRSS (Las Cruces) Drag
me and giga be there, arguing over which car to take
Old 06-07-2012, 07:36 PM   #3864
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mothraisnotapokemon View Post
me and giga be there, arguing over which car to take
Take them both and see who's is faster.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
everyone loves gigachip, giga's sister is crazy!! lol!!, gigachip is awesome, gigachip iz silly, gigachip loves clay aiken, gigachip s rediculous, i laugh at gigachip, offset is marobody2001