Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 04-13-2018, 12:27 PM   #1
pogie_boy

Drives: 2013 2LT RS CRT
Camaro vs Prius ... braking

So to be honest, I didn't know I was racing.

On my way to work the other day, I am stuck behind this guy in a Prius for about 10 miles up route 140 in Taunton/Norton MA. Now at that time of day there are cops, road crews, kids waiting for busses, and usually traffic in general so passing isn't really an option.

After a while I notice that he's sorta weaving and sometimes travelling a bit over the speed limit when the car finally gets going. I had resigned myself to just suffer through this anyhow so I wasn't even up close looking to pass.

So we finally get to where the road opens up to 2 lanes just before the Interstate on-ramps and I move over to get in another lane so I can pass him and a number of other cars at the light.

As we get on the highway I pass the prius but another car changes lanes and gets in my way, so I *sort of* cut the Prius off. NOt really cutting him off because I was well beyond him and moving faster, but in retrospect, I think in his mind I did.... because....

I then accelerate to a comfortable yet admittedly high rate of speed and enjoy the ramps between 140 and 495 and back onto 140... i go through one green light slowing down enough not to attract too much attention.. accelerate and then arrive at the next light which is always red it seems.

I am sitting at that light for a minute or so when in my rear view mirror I catch the sight of the prius approaching at a high rate of speed in the lane next to me.... and then I see him skid past me through the red light and almost into traffic that is luckily all turning left and not into this poor hapless bozo sitting in the middle of the intersection. The light turned green a moment later and that was the last I saw of speed racer.

So in the end, I think this guy was racing me the whole time like Mario Andretti "preventing" me from passing. It was a driver's race I guess.
pogie_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 01:38 PM   #2
DSMer1

Drives: 14 and 15 SS's
He was just trying to regen with the braking!
Ls3, 6L80, Whipple 2.9 with 3.5" pulley, rotofab, kooks headers to exhaust tips, BTR PD stage 3 torque cam, DSXTuning flex fuel kit, DSXTuning aux pump kit, DSXTuning fpcm, ID1050x, active interchiller 19" kit, varimax pump, BMR toe rods, BMR trailing arms, BMR sub frame connectors, lsa torque converter
729/619 at the tire on 10.5psi
DSMer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 09:45 PM   #3
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Had nothing to do with you... he was texting.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 11:43 PM   #4
TWOFORTYZ

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS 6M
Hahah. I get the 4 banger rolling roadblocks all the time. I just let them go, wait for a line to open up and continue on my commute. I guess they don't know my commute pace is fast and they try to race? Either way, be safe and ALWAYS watch for motorcycles.
Old 04-13-2018, 11:44 PM   #5
TWOFORTYZ

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS 6M
Also, prius's use horribly unsafe "efficiency oriented" tires, likely why the driver slid so far.