Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 01:27 PM   #29
jrboyd_1980
A ***'s Headache

Drives: Everything
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
How can I say this clearly so that it is understood. If you are on this site and your "car" convos are of the majority of a vehicle that is not a camaro...or if you are such a fanboy of another brand i.e. "mustang" and that is all you talk about...you will be banned. If you live just to talk about the mustang just to talk about it on this camaro site and nothing else you will be banned. If you have been banned for 3 days also banned for 30 days and still have some infractions and still havent gotten the point each time you come back...because you do the same thing that got you moderated in the first place...you will be permabanned....soooo when you come to logon..or you hit refresh and cant get on the forum...that is what happened. the same people doing the same thing is getting very old. We as mods are mostly done giving warnings.infranctions and short bans to the same people...it's time to just start giving the boot
What he said.. Besides we all know the Yaris is the true Power house!
Old 12-29-2009, 01:30 PM   #30
Reefblue42

Drives: '20 ZL1/'97 SS LT4
So back on topic again...the Mustang is transforming into one helluva car and I believe will outperform the Camaro, if ever so slightly.

They both have their qualities that people will like/dislike but for this avid musclecar fan, I'd still buy a Camaro. Hell, I'd buy both!
Old 12-29-2009, 01:30 PM   #31
shinzon
Night Fury

Drives: 2014 ZL1
does the mustang have an irs ?

2014 Black ZL1 - Toothless -
Previous Lovers :2014 1LE , 2010 2SS RS,2004 GTO, 2000 Camaro SS x 2
Old 12-29-2009, 01:34 PM   #32
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Drives: 2005 GTO,2006 M6, 2007 300 Touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
Meh...I have basically given up on this convo, and will just read from now on. Most times you will get these typical responses here.

1: Mustangs are ugly.
2: This is a Camaro site...why are you posting here ? (makes no difference btw who open the thread)
3: You will get a factoid, that is base on rumor or just plain false facts, and when you debate or discuss it with numbers and facts, its ignored, then your called for trolling, then basically see point 1 and 2
4: The mods will then close thread, and of course the Mustang guy will be blamed for such closer. I think there is one of those threads here even now.

In the end its not even worth it. Some people on this site always derailed a thread with yet again, point 1 and 2. Or we will get a plethora of why Mustang owners, or hell any non Camaro owners (see GTO thread) of why its such a sin to post a opinion about anything else but a Camaro.

But yet of course the usual suspects here on this site, and I do not have to name them, everyone know who basically post the same thing...again see 1 and 2, gets a free pass to bash anything non camaro, at least that seems to be the appearance, and well we end up with close threads.

So with this thread, I'll probably get yet another vacation, but meh so be it. I did not think the first was warranted, but its a forum on a car I do not even own as it has been pointed out so many times before. It is truly sad though, that you cannot have a discussion about cars without it coming to this, but it is what it is. So yeah, I think I will refrain from posting for a while, and just discuss my thoughts elsewhere.
Quick question, why go on forums of cars you don't own though. I don't own a ferrari or benz so why would I hang out on those forums and try and set them straight or whatever you call yourself doing. I don't own a mustang therefore I don't go to their sites.

What is done here is no different then if I went to a Audi web-site and told them how much my BMW M6 will kick this car and that car butt and then try and disspell misinformed information and posters. In the end where does it get you NOWHERE, so once again my question is WHY BOTHER.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:35 PM   #33
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinzon View Post
does the mustang have an irs ?
Nope, log axle has come a long way, runs well.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:36 PM   #34
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post

So with this thread, I'll probably get yet another vacation, but meh so be it. I did not think the first was warranted, but its a forum on a car I do not even own as it has been pointed out so many times before. It is truly sad though, that you cannot have a discussion about cars without it coming to this, but it is what it is. So yeah, I think I will refrain from posting for a while, and just discuss my thoughts elsewhere.
here are a few places

mustangforums.com
www.allfordmustangs.com
www.3.8mustang.com
www.themustangnews.com

Happy Holidays
Old 12-29-2009, 01:43 PM   #35
jrboyd_1980
A ***'s Headache

Drives: Everything
In all fairness it is not fair to compare to vehicles of different M.Y.

Think about it. Ford had the Mustang, then Chevy brought the Camaro out just above the Mustang. Ford has now released the 2011 Mustang, and it seems to be just above the Camaro. How much you want to bet that the next Camaro will be just a slight bit better than the Mustang?

Pointless arguments and debates imo. If you like a Camaro, then drive the Camaro. If you like the Ford then drive a Ford. Having a Pissing contest online, is pretty pointless. And how many of you here do actually race? I'm betting the ones that do, do not race the stock cars. So doesn't matter what car is stock, because after all mods, it will perform completely different. Just my 2 cents.

Yaris RULE!!!!!

j/king Junkie don't ban me.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:44 PM   #36
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
you know folks..its not like the Mustang people (from what I have seen) are going into the other forum sections and picking fights, like the LS3/L99 performance sections or such and brag about the Mustang.

They seem to keep it limited to general discussion sections, the Camaro vs. sections and the Other Vehicle area. Its not exactly fair or any fun to just have a group of Camaro owners sit in a circle and crow about how devastating their car is without some loyal opposition.

It doesnt create a very hospitable area or image for Camaro5 for the feeling to be "lol you dont have a Camaro GTFO".
Old 12-29-2009, 01:44 PM   #37
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssump29 View Post
Quick question, why go on forums of cars you don't own though. I don't own a ferrari or benz so why would I hang out on those forums and try and set them straight or whatever you call yourself doing. I don't own a mustang therefore I don't go to their sites.

What is done here is no different then if I went to a Audi web-site and told them how much my BMW M6 will kick this car and that car butt and then try and disspell misinformed information and posters. In the end where does it get you NOWHERE, so once again my question is WHY BOTHER.
SSump, you know what i do? I have joined a few mustang forums...why because I know I will be running up against them on the track. Why did I join there because I know those should be the most informative places for me. I ask questions..get in and get out..they know I drive Chevy's...but I dont go there bombarding them with Camaro related stuff...but thats just me..lol
Old 12-29-2009, 01:47 PM   #38
kutch720

Drives: Camaro 1LT RS
Hope everyone has a Happy New Year!!!!!!!!
On that note, why does anyone really care which is better. I would say only a fraction of you will go to the track and race. Of those people that go to the track probably modded there car anyway. Those other people who choose to be not so smart at the time and street race probably do not deserve either car. Just enjoy what you have.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:47 PM   #39
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
This subforum is for VS. talks.

Face the facts folks, the Mustang is the Camaros #1 competitor. With the new drivetrain its a serious ball player. If, as a Camaro owner, you dont want to learn about other cars then that is sad. Dont be so blind to not realize that other cars MIGHT be better than yours.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:49 PM   #40
Yeahyouknwit

Drives: 2003 Mustang Gt Conv.
Thanks to all who actually discussed the topic. I think it is great how we now have some good muscle car competition. Thanks to the camaro the muscle car wars are going strong. That is why I posted the topic to compare 2 great muscle cars. Mods sorry to post a topic that has been closed 8 times before and thank you for letting it stay up and be discussed. I know that untill the GT actually comes out and is lined up against an SS with professional drivers this debate and bench racing will continue but it is all we can do for now.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:51 PM   #41
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTomcat View Post
you know folks..its not like the Mustang people (from what I have seen) are going into the other forum sections and picking fights, like the LS3/L99 performance sections or such and brag about the Mustang.

They seem to keep it limited to general discussion sections, the Camaro vs. sections and the Other Vehicle area. Its not exactly fair or any fun to just have a group of Camaro owners sit in a circle and crow about how devastating their car is without some loyal opposition.

It doesnt create a very hospitable area or image for Camaro5 for the feeling to be "lol you dont have a Camaro GTFO".
You only see that because the moderators are constantly merging the threads into the correct area...Look at the Challenger thread..tons of stuff being said in there...but you know why it thrives...because it's kept in one area...hmm look at all of the other versus threads and see that they are there and kicking...even a few mustang ones(until the usual suspects show up)...why because the bickering and back and forth is not there...and here is a little test for you...take a gander at certain threads and see how they flow well until... a select few show up then it all goes downhill. We had plenty of Mustang topics that flow well without the bickering and back and forth until........(well you know the rest)..I have expressed the views of myself and a few other mods here on this site. Im done discussing the topic now.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:53 PM   #42
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
SSump, you know what i do? I have joined a few mustang forums...why because I know I will be running up against them on the track. Why did I join there because I know those should be the most informative places for me. I ask questions..get in and get out..they know I drive Chevy's...but I dont go there bombarding them with Camaro related stuff...but thats just me..lol
You are more than welcome to go to any mustang forum on the internet and post in the Mustang vs, or other car discussion session about the camaro all day if you please... they wouldn't have created the section if it wasn't for that... it's not called Mustangs Vs Mustangs for a reason.

Closed Thread