Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 11-29-2011, 06:32 PM   #15
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
go to a graphics shop,they will give you enough vinyl to do all your emblems.they always have lots of scrap pieces.that is what i did.my emblems came out great.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:59 PM   #16
Yellow Camaro

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS
This picture is my fitment exactly. We're not talking poor fit, we're not talking upside down...we're talking I'd rather put a "So Many Gerbils, So Little Time" bumper sticker back there than drive around with these overlays.

I'm amazed that several people are making the same complaint, but I read *so* many good reviews and saw many decent pics from the same vendor. Maybe they changed the mold, and the first batch came out much better. Early bird gets the worm I guess!

I had River City Creations do my bowtie and I couldn't be happier, I just couldn't justify the dough for the emblems. The bowtie is a bit different because I wanted two-tone, and it's such a big area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twentytwelvebee View Post
here's a pic
Yellow Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:11 PM   #17
bannonm

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 VR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
It could be that GM changed the supplier of the emblems and now the size is a bit different.
+1. I'm going with that option. That stuff is made overseas. You have no idea who is making them and to what specification. Not like GM has to make them exact so third parties can make overlays for them. Painting sounds like the best choice. But yeah it sucks.
bannonm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:42 PM   #18
almarlowe

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Had the same issue-my supplier said they would send replacements. Not their fault-must be the mfg of the SS emblem. No one would cut vinyl that far off !!!
almarlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 05:20 PM   #19
Homesickderf

Drives: Fast
How did you mask off the chrome and did you paint them on the car
Homesickderf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:20 PM   #20
Oramac-SS11

Drives: 2011 2SS black on black auto
Trouble with SS emblem inlays

Just a helpfull bit of info on the SS badges. The factory SS badges in red or white are also inlays. What I did before putting my different color inlays on mine was take a sewing needle or pin and carefully work it under the corner of the factory inlay in either the upper or lower corner of the badge the simply pull out the original inlay. I've ordered several new badges from the dealer for other uses on my Camaro and have discovered that some are red over white and some are white over black. Even had one that was red over white over black, yep three different inlays on one dealers parts badge, but all badges when all inlays are removed have the chrome base behind all of the inlays. So of you want an all chrome SS badge just remove the factory colored inlay or inlays. It takes about one minute and is absolutely FREE. Just remember too take a Q-tip with a little rubbing alcohol and clean the chrome badge before placing your new insert.
Oramac-SS11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:27 PM   #21
Rock on

Drives: black 2011 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by twentytwelvebee View Post
here's a pic
looks like it was made in china