Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-18-2014, 04:47 PM   #1
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
GM PR disaster silver lining

Has anyone taken their car in for an issue lately after this years GM disaster started where they seem to be recalling almost every car they ever built?

I took mine in for an issue that keeps popping up every couple months. Something that was wrong on it from the day I bought the car. Every time in the past after about the third time it was in the shop they have given me push back and tried to say it wasn't covered by the warranty do to something on the car that has nothing to do with the issue, not even remotely. My issue is a gasket/sensor sticking on the gas tank, how anything like oh say different spark plug cables, would have anything to do with that is mind boggling to me.

So every time I've had to talk to the manager and threaten to send a letter to GM as this is an ongoing issue since I bought the car that they haven't been able to fix. And every time they will fix it as a favor to me this one last time though they shouldn't.

Well took it in a little while ago for the same issue, (you would think they would be able to fix something that has popped up seven times with the same supposed problem), but the gist of my story is there was absolutely no push back, it was yes sir, we will fix that immediately, they did it quickly and had me out the door in record time. absolutely no mention of any warranty issue what so ever.

I'm wondering if they will continue this, my experience with GM/Chevy's after sale support till now has been rather horrendous compared to several other brands I've had(not saying they were great, just compared to them Chevy is even worse). I've always figured they know the "Ill only buy a Chevy" sheep would come back no matter what so they didn't feel after sale service was a priority....could massive recall after recall, not to mention never before seen size fines be the impetus for them to actually pay attention and get their heads out their rears about after the sale service?

The short of it is if you have an issue you aren't sure is covered by warranty, now might be the time to take the car in, seems they are bending over backwards to make up lost PR ground.
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote