Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 02-08-2015, 01:06 PM   #29
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
American Muscle
Detroit Muscle
Detroit Iron
Joe Lewis Arena Fist
JPSS Knuckle Drop

Care to take a guess at our soon to be released next product?

JPSS Knuckle Drop
• Direct Factory Part Replacement
• 1” Drop from Factory Knuckle
• Maintains Original Equipment Control Arm Geometry
• Maintains Original Equipment Suspension Travel
• 100% Compatible with Original Equipment Magnetic Ride Control and Adjustable Suspension Damping
• Supports Aftermarket Coilover Suspension Applications
• Machined from Billet 6061 T-6 or 7075 T6 (solutionized and artificially aged) Aluminum
• Original Equipment Elastomeric Bushings are Replaced with Race Ready Rebuildable Monoballs with Spiral Retainers and O-Rings

Last edited by JusticePete; 02-08-2015 at 05:34 PM.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 12:44 AM   #30
RJT2SSRS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
JusticePete will these parts be compatible with the SUPERCAR coilovers? If they are can I dial out the 1 inch drop I now have from the coilovers and maintain the ride I have from the coilovers? Glad to see you back up and running:-)
2010 2SS/RS L99 CAI intake Stainless Works headers and Hi-flow cats CORSA cat back exhaust livernois motorsports dyno tune VMAX throttle body ELITE catch can GM clean side catch can 2014 lca BMR rear toe links PEDDERS Supercar suspension PEDDERS poly subframe bushings JPSS BLACK MAGIC rear sway bar DSS 1000 hp axles 1LE wheels Michelin 285/35 tires CTS-V front brake upgrade fuel rail flip heater hose relocation
RJT2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 11:08 AM   #31
crangie

Drives: Camaro ZL1 #641
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
The need for the Knuckle Drop is driven by the excellence coming out of Detroit in suspension design and execution. GM is putting MRC to great use in a wide range of vehicles. The best way to improve the performance of a MRC vehicle is to lower it with a Knuckle Drop. Suspension geometry and travel are maintained. Ride quality is maintained. MRC function is maintained. The Center of Gravity is lowered. Handling improves.
What does that mean for the ZL1 owners who are already lowered?
Can it be combined with the lower springs or do you suggest to go back to the stock springs?
crangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 11:54 AM   #32
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJT2SSRS View Post
JusticePete will these parts be compatible with the SUPERCAR coilovers? If they are can I dial out the 1 inch drop I now have from the coilovers and maintain the ride I have from the coilovers? Glad to see you back up and running:-)
Good to be back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crangie View Post
What does that mean for the ZL1 owners who are already lowered?
Can it be combined with the lower springs or do you suggest to go back to the stock springs?
You absolutely can combine a drop spring or coilover to use with the new JPSS Knuckle Drop.
Old 02-10-2015, 03:00 PM   #33
Avalnch

Drives: Rally Yellow Camaro+Avalanche
I think these JPSS Knuckle Drops (1" f/r) along with the OEM Multimatic DSSV shocks off the Zed will be the way to go.

Vengeance Kaotik Cam, C.A.I., ARH LT, Pypes Cat Back, ZL1 Shifter+2012LS3VERT bushing, Quantum Brake Ducts, JDP Tow Hook Scorch Yellow Trim Kit, Shark Fin, AAC DRLs+ABLs+SMDs, ZTA Rear Spoiler, R.Y. 1LE Splitter. Pfadt coilovers, camber plates, trailing arms, Pegasus Solid Subframe. Pedders ZL1 barz, radius arm & steering rack bushings. BMR adjustable toe-rods. Hotchkis Max Chassis Brace. ZL1 GMPP Driveline Upgrade. TurnOne P/S pump. CTS-V 6 pistons.
447 HP @ 6180 RPM / 418 TQ @ 5100 RPM

Last edited by Avalnch; 02-10-2015 at 05:22 PM.
Avalnch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 04:28 PM   #34
JusticePete

I think you are a wise man ;-)
Old 02-11-2015, 04:41 AM   #35
MARKSTI

Drives: 2015 z28 sold
Sounds like a nice setup to run with a 14-15 Z28..

Weight savings?
Will it like the Blue808 ( that $4500 setup) knuckle kit, remove the front multi-links ? Or will you retain those?

One inch drop sounds like a good amount for the Z28,..I'm sure it would help the aero also.
MARKSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 08:30 AM   #36
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARKSTI View Post
Sounds like a nice setup to run with a 14-15 Z28..

Weight savings?
Will it like the Blue808 ( that $4500 setup) knuckle kit, remove the front multi-links ? Or will you retain those?

One inch drop sounds like a good amount for the Z28,..I'm sure it would help the aero also.
Our evaluation of our tracked Camaros and the performance of the Z/28 last year in bone stock trim convinced us that the front virtual pivot was working quite well. Durability is a major engineering concern. The front end of the 5th Gen was designed to take the abuse of daily driving for hundreds of thousands of miles. Using billet 6065 T6 means the JPSS knuckles are stronger than the OE. Using 7065 T6 means they are stronger than a cast iron knuckle. Combine these elements and retaining the OE arms / geometry was pretty much a no brainer.

The drop absolutely helps with aero and CG
Old 02-11-2015, 08:31 AM   #37
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Is it too early to get a ballpark price on the 4 knuckles?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 02-11-2015, 08:53 AM   #38
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
Is it too early to get a ballpark price on the 4 knuckles?

We are finalizing the BOM this week. A full product release will follow. We are almost there, almost, wait for it... SOON!
Old 02-11-2015, 09:22 AM   #39
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
This is an AWESOME product!

I have been wanting to get some coilovers, but it looks like I should wait for more news of your previously mentioned knuckle drop/coilover package.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:59 AM   #40
JusticePete

Waiting is good :-)
Old 02-11-2015, 10:12 AM   #41
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
We are finalizing the BOM this week. A full product release will follow. We are almost there, almost, wait for it... SOON!
Sounds good man...

Just as a reference for me, how does the ride height suspension wise compare between a Z/28 and a 1LE? I know (I think) overall the Z is shorter because of the wheel/tire combo but if I put the Z/28 package on my 1LE will it be the same height?

In other words if I run the Z/28 package and your knuckles ride height will be similar to a 1LE running stock suspension and 1" springs all around.

Mainly curious for wheel and tire fitment.

Old 02-11-2015, 10:30 AM   #42
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
Sounds good man...

Just as a reference for me, how does the ride height suspension wise compare between a Z/28 and a 1LE? I know (I think) overall the Z is shorter because of the wheel/tire combo but if I put the Z/28 package on my 1LE will it be the same height?

In other words if I run the Z/28 package and your knuckles ride height will be similar to a 1LE running stock suspension and 1" springs all around.

Mainly curious for wheel and tire fitment.

Most of the lowering in the Z/28 is in the wheel and tire package. 1LE equipped with the same wheels and tires along with a JPSS Knuckle Drop would be the same height.

Did I say that right?