Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-03-2016, 10:35 AM   #1
thegreatwhite

Drives: 2014 SS
is anyones mylink screen getting dark when its light out

my in dash screen keeps going dark, by turning off the backlight dimmer or whatever it does, during the day or times when the sun is still up. it looks like its the function where the screen turns dark at night to be dimmer if theres no light out. except now mines doing it at all kinds of times, 7am, 7pm 12pm. anyone else have this problem. the cars a 2014 2SS/RS
thegreatwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 10:43 AM   #2
sspolo

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1LE
I think it's suppose to do that to not be a distraction. I believe mine does that too.
sspolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 10:55 AM   #3
Freddy G

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE /2011 2LT
Nah, Mine doesn't do that. But it restarts itself once a while..
Freddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 10:57 AM   #4
JD555

Drives: 2014 2SS RS, 6 sp man
My lights turn on and off when I am in a area with shade driving down the road and that makes the screen go dim. It takes about 20 to 30 seconds when back in the light to come full bright. Happens all the time to me with the auto lights.
JD555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 04:57 PM   #5
thegreatwhite

Drives: 2014 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD555 View Post
My lights turn on and off when I am in a area with shade driving down the road and that makes the screen go dim. It takes about 20 to 30 seconds when back in the light to come full bright. Happens all the time to me with the auto lights.
thats what it is, its the function that dims the screen backlight when the car thinks its night outside or in a shady area. except my car is doing this at anytime, whether its light outside or not. and when its light outside this becomes a real problem cause i cant see the screen it just looks black.
thegreatwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 07:16 AM   #6
Junior

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS A6 AGM
Send a message via Skype™ to Junior
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatwhite View Post
thats what it is, its the function that dims the screen backlight when the car thinks its night outside or in a shady area. except my car is doing this at anytime, whether its light outside or not. and when its light outside this becomes a real problem cause i cant see the screen it just looks black.
Are your lights coming on at the same time? You can test and see if it's the auto light system by turning it off. If your Mylink screen still dims, you have a problem. If it doesn't, you probably have a finicky light sensor. There is no way to adjust the sensitivity. Just make sure the sensor isn't obstructed by anything.
Junior is offline   Reply With Quote