Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 12-06-2007, 05:28 PM   #1
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
CTS-V II CAUGHT SANS DISGUISE!!!

Quote:
2009 Cadillac CTS-V Uncovered

Any speculation about the styling of the 2009 Cadillac CTS-V can now be laid to rest thanks to our exclusive spy photos. Snagged during a photo shoot of the upcoming Cadillac super sedan, these shots reveal a CTS V-Series with a dramatically revised front end, bigger wheels and tires and a few modest changes out back.

Gone is the egg-crate grille that gives the standard CTS such a distinctive look up front. In its place is a two-piece trapezoidal mesh grille much like the setup on the original CTS-V. We suspect the mesh design does a better job of feeding fresh air to the engine, as Cadillac has boasted about borrowing the design of the standard CTS's grille from the Sixteen concept.

Although the airdam on the CTS-V is certainly aggressive, it doesn't appear as though it's much lower to the ground when compared side by side with that of the standard CTS. This could be due to the fact that there's no bump strip at the bottom of this prototype piece, a detail that could be added to the production cars.

The shape of the airdam is continued all the way around the car by extended rocker sills and a reshaped rear fascia. It's more subtle than we expected, although the car already has fairly aggressive bodywork to begin with. Even the hood bulge is pretty sedate, as it blends in perfectly with the rest of the original hood creases.

Of course, the big question still remains: What's under that hood? Our best sources have been telling us to expect a normally aspirated LS7 V8, but a recent interview with Cadillac General Manager Jim Taylor seems to confirm the other most talked-about option — a supercharged 6.2-liter V8. Either way, the 2009 CTS-V will have roughly 525 horsepower, a figure that will put it slightly ahead of direct competitors like the Audi S6, BMW M5 and Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG.

Taylor also confirms that the 2009 Cadillac CTS-V will offer the choice of a manual or automatic transmission — both six-speeds. This should help broaden the appeal of the CTS-V, which has been a sales disappointment so far. Look for the official unveil of the 2009 Cadillac CTS-V at the 2008 Detroit Auto Show in January
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...topanel..2.*#4
Old 12-06-2007, 06:09 PM   #2
SSmoked

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
wow rocken the ls7 this caddy will be wicked, and will have the looks to boot.
wait with this recieven a ls7 is there a chance that the camaro will recive one aswell in the ss or z/28 option
Old 12-06-2007, 10:53 PM   #3
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I said the same thing over on GMInsideNews...

It all looks good except the front. The regular CTS has a better looking grille.

If they lost the ugly mesh and restyled it with something like the regular CTS's grille it would look much better.

I HATE mesh grilles.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 11:20 PM   #4
pearsonmx6
USAF

Drives: 93 mazda mx6
Send a message via AIM to pearsonmx6
i think it is a good looking car
pearsonmx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 11:40 PM   #5
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
mesh is sexy id get the cts-v just for the mesh grill
headpunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 11:54 PM   #6
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
mesh is sexy id get the cts-v just for the mesh grill
Good one. I think the mesh grill suits the sporty character of the CTS-V very well. If a six-figure job weren't holding me back I'd be marching over to the nearest Caddy dealer to put my name on the list. No doubt.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:07 AM   #7
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Love the mesh too. But, not diggin the front end as much as I could be. LS7? Doubt it will ever happen. Again, too costly and is going out the door. I'm sure whatever they put under the hood will not dissapoint.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 12:33 AM   #8
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

I think I'm the only person anywhere at the moment that's signed on with the whole thing.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:02 AM   #9
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Very sexy. Oh I love it.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 01:51 PM   #10
SoFlaZ

Drives: 2013 SS LS3
That looks niiice, not digging the headlights too much but the grill and body make up for it. Im gonna just say its sporting an LS3? possible ZR-1 engine too so idk.
SoFlaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 03:00 PM   #11
Dan

Drives: 2004 GTO
I think you will see the LS8 or LSA in that car, not an LS7.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 03:45 PM   #12
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

^LSA.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:07 PM   #13
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 04:08 PM   #14
stevenm357

Drives: 98 Trans am 00 Trans am 01 corvette
Very Cool, thanks for posting. Not a big sedan fan right now but that can change with age & kids

2001 Corvette
Heads,Big cam, 4:11, Custom Exhaust, MGW Shifter Baer Eradispeed +2 2 pieces rotors, Hotchkiss swaybars. and a few other little things.

1998 Trans Am A4 ( was STS turbo until the turbo and oil pump died)

2000 WS6 Trans AM under the knife ( sadly turned into long term project.
stevenm357 is offline   Reply With Quote