Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-17-2018, 05:11 PM   #29
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I’ve probably bought 60 cars in my lifetime and all but a handfull of them said they lost money on the sale....
The way my credit union does pre approved car loans is only you and them know how much you are approved for, you make the deal and write a personal check to the dealer, take the sales paperwork back to the credit union and they deposit the money in your account to cover the check.
Old 06-18-2018, 01:03 PM   #30
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
^^^ that is not how it has worked for me. My Credit Union P/A was basically a Purchase Order.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 01:05 PM   #31
BMR Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
I have seen salesmen sell brand new riders liter sport bikes and even a Hyabusa with the eternal “just take it easy at first”. There’s blood on their hands unlike the typical GM moron I’ve run into the last few years. To many people these days, numbers or cash mean more than any “moral compass “.
I don't see "Blood on their Hands", otherwise every Mustang Salesman would be in Jail!

If you walk in and buy a ZL1 1LE, they aren't asking for you Driving School diplomas. All they want is your Money and to get a car out the door.
Old 06-18-2018, 02:45 PM   #32
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
When I bought my Camaro I went to the Credit Union first and worked out the terms. The loan officer gave me their business card and told me to give it to the dealership, that they knew the finance team at the dealership.

Went down to the Chevy dealership and ordered the Camaro and handed over the business card.

Three months later I picked up the car and drove it back to the Credit Union. They verified that I had the car and wanted to check it out, since the Camaros were still fairly new at this time, and then I left.

The last two new cars I bought have been Fords and I financed at the dealerships (Ford and Auto Nation). The process took less than two hour each time from the time I walked in the door, including a test drive. The cars were already highly discounted as the next year models were about to come out, so there was no haggling for the price. The Ford dealership even had me sign up with ID.me and within two minutes they verified my veteran’s status.

This was the complete opposite of when I was a kid and my parents would literally be at the dealership from sun up to sun down buying a new car. There is just so much information online now that I would guess that close to half the people buying cars now are well informed and know the exact car they want prior to walking in the door.
Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 03:00 PM   #33
Inkedmongo

Drives: 2ss
I could write a short novel about the woman and I's car purchases over the years, and have honestly learned a lot through each experience.

I started out with a bad outlook towards all salesmen/women being horrible people, but the more I learned with each experience and how it all goes down, the more I realized that a sales person is merely an advocate, and don't get me wrong, there are some bad apples, but it goes beyond that.

A majority of time the real assholes of the car buying experiences are the used sales managers giving low or unreasonable trade offers, or new sales not wanting to budge on cars they have room to move on but refuse to. I have watched good sales people lose a sale because of poor work on the back end, and a few times of those times involved losing a sale to me.

The only times I have had an issue with a finance guy is when I went to pick up a vehicle out of town and much like the OP I was pre approved and had a letter from our credit union and damn near had to provide a step by step on how the entire process works.

I laugh, because some of the experiences were fantastic, yet another time I was asked to leave the lot when a manager decided to be sassy towards the woman (that was a fun one)
Inkedmongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 04:25 PM   #34
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
I don't see "Blood on their Hands", otherwise every Mustang Salesman would be in Jail!

If you walk in and buy a ZL1 1LE, they aren't asking for you Driving School diplomas. All they want is your Money and to get a car out the door.
A car with 12 airbags is one thing, but putting a novice on a sport bike is unconscionable. It’s all about money. We had a new rider show up for one of our group rides on a Hyabusa. It was his first bike. He crashed 20 minutes into the ride and was lucky it was only a broken arm and some lacerations.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 05:20 PM   #35
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I use PSECU. The give you what is called an auto check. You pick the terms right on the form that comes with the check. The dealer doesnt nothing other than to cash the check and send in the paperwork to PSECU. About as simple as it checks. If i get a sales guy that wants to talk payments over purchase price, im out the door. Also the brand being sold has nothing to do with the sales person being scum anymore than the brand of car a person drives dictates them being an ass or not.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 11:38 AM   #36
BMR Sales

Quote:
A car with 12 airbags is one thing, but putting a novice on a sport bike is unconscionable. It’s all about money. We had a new rider show up for one of our group rides on a Hyabusa. It was his first bike. He crashed 20 minutes into the ride and was lucky it was only a broken arm and some lacerations.
I get what you are saying about powerful Bikes (I don't ride motorcycles because I drive too fast), but I know of people being killed behind the wheel of a car - remember Paul Walker of Fast n Furious? The driver was an accomplished racer. The PaceCar driver at the Detroit GP is an accomplished racer. a few weeks ago, 18 year old kids were street racing here in Tampa and killed a Mother and her daughter in a Stroller. One of the kids had a Brand New Mustang GT that he got as a HS Graduation present. The kicker on that one, the kids Mother who bought the car (it was also in her name) is an Insurance Exec who certainly should have known at least the statistics.

The thing is, the World is filled with Darwin candidates with the Money to buy more than they can handle!
Old 06-19-2018, 08:25 PM   #37
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
That’s just mean. Funny, but mean....LOL

Quote:
He’s right, you can’t compare it to high powered performance cars. The learning curve on motorcycles is way, way higher and the impulse to keep up with the herd, regardless of skill level, compels new riders to ride so far above their skill level they’ll get over confident and eventually pay the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I use PSECU. The give you what is called an auto check. You pick the terms right on the form that comes with the check. The dealer doesnt nothing other than to cash the check and send in the paperwork to PSECU. About as simple as it checks. If i get a sales guy that wants to talk payments over purchase price, im out the door. Also the brand being sold has nothing to do with the sales person being scum anymore than the brand of car a person drives dictates them being an ass or not.
Doesn’t matter. Paying with cash nowadays doesn’t get you a better deal. The dealerships have adjusted their tactics and made it so that financing through their company gets you the best deal.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 08:30 PM   #38
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Thanks brother. Roll Tide!

I actually sold all my bikes in the last year since we took the convertible all the time. I really miss my aprilia.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 09:25 PM   #39
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post

Doesn’t matter. Paying with cash nowadays doesn’t get you a better deal. The dealerships have adjusted their tactics and made it so that financing through their company gets you the best deal.
You missed my point completely. It had nothing to do about paying cash. I meant I dont buy a car based on a payment. I buy it based on the price. Many people get sucked into a payment and walk out having no idea what they paid or how good or bad the deal actually was. I rarely fiance through a dealer because they rarely ever beat my credit union's rates. Most of them also use my credit uion for financing too so i have no trouble making good deals and getting good rates at the bank I want to use. It doesnt hurt that I purchase a lot of vehicles for business and personal too.
Oh and the beginning part of my post you quoted was simply explaining how my credit union does with the preapproval process. Some folks ask how that works. I didnt say that process helped or hurt the deal you get. It does make getting money and paying for a car extemely simple.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 09:37 PM   #40
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
You missed my point completely. It had nothing to do about paying cash. I meant I dont buy a car based on a payment. I buy it based on the price. Many people get sucked into a payment and walk out having no idea what they paid or how good or bad the deal actually was. I rarely fiance through a dealer because they rarely ever beat my credit union's rates. Most of them also use my credit uion for financing too so i have no trouble making good deals and getting good rates at the bank I want to use. It doesnt hurt that I purchase a lot of vehicles for business and personal too.
Oh and the beginning part of my post you quoted was simply explaining how my credit union does with the preapproval process. Some folks ask how that works. I didnt say that process helped or hurt the deal you get. It does make getting money and paying for a car extemely simple.
Ahhh. I see what you’re saying now... gotcha....
Old 06-19-2018, 09:54 PM   #41
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Quote:
Thanks brother. Roll Tide!

I actually sold all my bikes in the last year since we took the convertible all the time. I really miss my aprilia.
Speaking of which, ain’t it about time to crank up the college football thread? Or as I like to call it, the “Who do think Alabama will beat this year for the National Championship” thread.

Last edited by SquawkVFR; 06-20-2018 at 07:31 AM.
Old 06-20-2018, 12:18 AM   #42
TWOFORTYZ

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS 6M
No worse than the toyota dealers that act like they're selling the last crack rock on the planet to the biggest fiend on earth. Those sorry SOB's refused to let me order the color and option package I wanted, I had to call every dealer within 100 miles before I found one willing to sell me the truck I wanted. They were too busy thinking that I wanted to buy a white or silver truck with useless options... After several weeks, a dealership finally ordered it but refused to let me pick it up on my day off, then sold it out from under me when I was at work. Great thing too, that's how I got the Camaro. I got a 1993 F150 instead of the Tacoma and have great fun blowing the doors off of the 4 banger toyota trucks while also having superior reliability.