Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 01-25-2023, 11:55 AM   #1
F4Pilot

Drives: 2015 Camaro ZL1
Beware of MAYHEM MOTORSPORTS Raleigh Nc

Currently I’m going through some form of hell because honestly I can’t believe I paid this much money for this.. lack of better words bullshit. This may be long but I’ll try to give as much info as possible and keep it short. Currently the car is back in Pompano Beach, FL at the original shop that built it and the lawyers were notified the day this happened.

2015 Camaro ZL1 laundry list of items mainly brand new LME 416 longblock july 2021 roughly 2500 miles to date. Car was built from stock by a shop in pompano by me when i lived in FL. I’ve since moved to NC.

Long story short the increase in power killed my stock tr6060s input shaft, so opted for the RPM level 7. Didn’t make sense to trailer it to FL since I moved to NC. So i took it to Mayhem Motorsports in Raleigh. This is where the ****ery starts..

Also I noticed the dates on the invoices are incorrect luckily they emailed them to me the day they finished up with my car. Invoice #3624 was created on 9/19/22 it was paid for on pickup date 10/4. It took them that long to figure out how to install a kong 2650 and still screw it up. The day it blew, literally the same day 10/4 I gave it back to them and got it back on 10/14, invoice #3696.

I guess I’m not allowed to upload videos on here, to see the video of the ticking sound the car is making it’s on my instagram. N31LE

They install the RPM trans in March 2022, I get the car back with an exhaust leak verified by my remote tuner. Didn’t matter much as it was cold and had no plans to drive the car till it warmed up. Summer rolls around and I get my hands on a Kong 2650 so I take it to Mayhem for the install and ask them to address the exhaust leak. Car goes on the dyno and it starts running out of fuel. They tell me I needed a fuel system for the power. To which I say impossible, it has a fore triple with id1300s, check your plumbing (in a nice way of course). They then told me they hooked it up the same way as the oem LSA, we’re gonna have to charge a diag fee to figure it out. So I go over there to check out the car and I noticed the plumbing for boost was hooked up the exact same way as the LSA like they said. So I ask them for the paper instructions because I was originally going to install the Kong myself but I remembered it said something about the new kong solenoid was pre attached to the blower and it needing to be plumbed differently from the LSA. So that’s why I left it to the “pros”, I’m only good at remove and replace. They couldn’t find the paper.. 1 day later they “figure it out” and the car goes on the dyno again. It shreds the first belt. They put a new one on and it shreds the second belt but this time hits the I/c pump wiring, the A/C line and the wires to the ECU. They tell me it’s because my pulleys are on crooked, they were gonna fix it and inspect the others, (not sure how a one bolt pulley could be put on crooked) but I digress, more charges to fix.. Car finally makes it off the dyno with the 3rd belt. Possibly because me being there to witness incase anything went wrong.. I take it home and I make it maybe .5 miles away from the shop and I hear a small explosion under the hood, at this point i was driving in traffic and the car started acting sluggish, with poor throttle response. So i spin around and take it back. Open the hood, supercharger belt in pieces and the other belts (serpentine) are messed up as well along with an oil leak from the timing cover. They tell me THIS time it’s because my lower pulley bolt came loose and ARP bolts “do that from time to time”. You guessed it! More charges to fix! I get the car back for the second time and I park it for a week due to work. I come back and I drive it a total of 45 miles, back and forth to the gym 1 day and the second day I get to the gym, put the car in neutral to go to reverse and hear a CRACK under the hood and the whole car starts shaking. So I pushed it back into the parking spot so I could have it towed home and called Mayhem in the morning along with an email of the video of the car running with the ticking noise. Of course they wanted me to bring it in for diagnosis to which I respectfully replied **** no and that I had already contacted my lawyer and they advised that I have a 3rd party shop look at it and see what is up. I kid you not right after I said lawyer the gentleman on the phone hung up on me. So i reached out to them on IG shortly after, they blocked me on IG. Since then I have posted on instagram about the problem and I kid you not about 8 people in the area have come to me about their own horror story from this same shop where it was the same situation. The car went in there perfect, left with an issue, go there for a diag and fix and another issue until they chose to go somewhere else. Currently the car is back in pompano, upon dropping it off I noticed a significant coolant leak and drips from the “new” RPM trans.
Attached Images

F4Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 11:34 AM   #2
chandlerchon

Drives: 2011 Chevrolet camaro LS3 2ss/rs
That sounds like a nightmare man I hope everything works out ,, I been by mayhem but didn’t get work done everyone I spoke to in the area usually take there car to rpm motor sports but yea if a shop built ur car it’s usually best to stay with them
chandlerchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 11:50 AM   #3
Bigtime53

Drives: 2013 ZL1
God al mighty!! I have heard some bad things about other shops but not as bad as this! Damn dude I feel sorry for you and for the crap they tore up on your car. At least it can all be corrected and now that you have it back where it sounds like they have good people to get it back the way its supposed to be you will be ok. Next time do some research on the shop that you plan on taking your car to before you turn it over to a shop like you did. Good luck!
Bigtime53 is offline   Reply With Quote