Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 06-16-2014, 12:01 AM   #1
Moe55

Drives: 2011 1ss
Codes p0300, p1153 and service stabilitrack.

I have a 2011 m6. Put headers and cai on a while back. Had cel for a while and figured it was just the headers. I took the car last week for a tune and left with no cel and car ran awesome. It's been a week now and earlier I was driving and got a cel. Pulled the codes and it was p1153.
Cleared the code drive a while longer and got the service stabilitrack message and a flashing cel. The code this time was p0300. I know that's a miss fire, and have read that it could be a few different things. What do you guys think and where should I start looking?
Old 06-16-2014, 04:28 AM   #2
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
Looks like the 1153/1155 codes may not have been turned off. I see these codes pop up with header set ups that need to use an additional wiring harness extension for the front O2 sensor. I don't have a problem with that code being fixed, but the misfire code CEL is a problem indicator.

Check your spark plug wires first and make sure they are all on good. If you still have the misfire code, pull each sparkplug and make sure it doesn't have a crack or was broke during your header install.

If it stays on, then chase your way back to a damaged coil pack.

My dollar bet would be a cracked sparkplug or loose sparkplug wire.

the 1153 code you'll have to take it back to your calibrator to turn off. Depending on the calibration software he uses, he may also have a PID set up to read misfires, and that will help you to reduce the problem to which cylinder is screaming

I hope that helps
Phil
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 01:52 PM   #3
Moe55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Tuning View Post
Looks like the 1153/1155 codes may not have been turned off. I see these codes pop up with header set ups that need to use an additional wiring harness extension for the front O2 sensor. I don't have a problem with that code being fixed, but the misfire code CEL is a problem indicator.

Check your spark plug wires first and make sure they are all on good. If you still have the misfire code, pull each sparkplug and make sure it doesn't have a crack or was broke during your header install.

If it stays on, then chase your way back to a damaged coil pack.

My dollar bet would be a cracked sparkplug or loose sparkplug wire.

the 1153 code you'll have to take it back to your calibrator to turn off. Depending on the calibration software he uses, he may also have a PID set up to read misfires, and that will help you to reduce the problem to which cylinder is screaming

I hope that helps
Phil
Thanks so much for the advice! I'll try to track down the misfire with the wires and plugs. If no luck there, I'll get back up with my tuner. He uses hp tuners. I don't know of he can track it down or not, but I still need him to tune out the 1153 code.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:17 AM   #4
Moe55

Ok, changed my plugs and wires earlier. Went back with factory plugs and taylor 409 wires. I had good luck with the Taylor's on my truck, so figured I'd try em on my car, plus they look good lol. Here's a pic of my plugs. I couldn't find any cracks in them, although cylinder #2 plug was a little oily. I just started running a catch cam, so maybe that'll clean that up a little. Take a look and tell me what ya think guys. Anything here that could be causing the random misfire?

Last edited by Moe55; 06-25-2014 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Misspelled something
Moe55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:19 AM   #5
Moe55

Got the p0300 misfire code and service stabilitrak last night. Plugs and wires didn't fix it.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:23 AM   #6
BC 2010
BC 2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro SIM 2SS/RS M6 GFX SR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe55 View Post
Got the p0300 misfire code and service stabilitrak last night. Plugs and wires didn't fix it.
I have your problem, car is running rough. plugs were change. Wires, coil packs check out good, did compression check on #3 175 lbs. Took to the
dealer yesterday and see what they came up with. I'm thinking broken valve
spring. Will let you know what than find. I only have 15,000 miles on camaro
BC 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 10:01 AM   #7
imponte

Drives: '10 Camaro SS
Quote:
I had same thing. What is your solution?
imponte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 09:25 PM   #8
Mouse330

Drives: 2011 2SS, 2006 GMC Sierra
Quote:
Even though your getting a p0300 which is a multiple misfire detected you have to have a scanner that sees current and history misfires for each cylinder and see the actual misfires for every cylinder.
Mouse330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 10:52 AM   #9
RankSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Have you checked the battery. Mine will do this if the car sits and the battery gets low.
2010 Camaro SS RS, Maggie with 3.4" pulley, 60# injectors, ADM dual fuel pumps, ADM Stage 2 Cam with Brian Tooley springs and pushrods, black CAI intake, Stainless Works long tube headers w/gutted cats, ZL1 Diff w/offset bushings, Pfadt lowering springs, Pfadt sway bars, Pfadt solid sub frame mounts, BMR trailing arms and toe rods, Hurst short throw shifter, Painted on Hugger Orange stripes, Forgestar F14 Piano Black wheels, Nitto NT05 rubber.
RankSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 04:06 PM   #10
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Is this making the case for letting Pro’s do the tuning? No substitute for letting others who made (and saw) all the mistakes take over. Imo. Just sayin...