Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-17-2018, 10:52 AM   #1
ramil13

Drives: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS
Dual Overhead Stock Camshafts

I've been trying to get rid of them by advertising in my area but no one really modify's their car here.

So if anyone is interested let me know because I have no use for them. Maybe someone can use them for testing? I took them out at 30k KM.. first owner.
K&N intake, Custom Tune, Billet Catch Can, K.C's Ported 72mm TB & IM, Jacfab IM Spacer, Primary/Secondary Cat & Muffler Delete, Magnaflow Xpipe, 2.5" Straightpiped, GM Strut Tower Brace, Mace Engineering Cams, Solo Performance J pipes, Magnaflow Resonators x 2

340rwhp Dyno

ramil13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 06:41 PM   #2
Luis19SS

Drives: 2019 SS A10
How are the mace cams?
Black 2019 SS A10, MBRP Exhuast, Soler performance Ported Throttlebody, Cold Air Inductions CAI, BMR equipped, Stance SFO7 on nitto NT555G2 tires, Limited Edition White Racing Seats, ZL1 1LE Splitter, Carbon Sideskirts, Gorilla Splitters areo kit, Next Gen Speed Diffuser, JWmotorsports LED side markers

Luis19SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 09:05 AM   #3
ramil13

Good, no problems whatsoever. I installed them myself, didn't require to change any engine components their just drop in. However, they aren't really huge cams so you don't get that cam sound. It's something similar though.
K&N intake, Custom Tune, Billet Catch Can, K.C's Ported 72mm TB & IM, Jacfab IM Spacer, Primary/Secondary Cat & Muffler Delete, Magnaflow Xpipe, 2.5" Straightpiped, GM Strut Tower Brace, Mace Engineering Cams, Solo Performance J pipes, Magnaflow Resonators x 2

340rwhp Dyno

Old 09-25-2018, 10:03 AM   #4
Marklar

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS V6
ramil13, not to de-rail the thread but I happened to notice you have Solo J-pipes in your description. I want to get J-Pipes installed on my car, but no shop I've talked to is able to make them custom. I was thinking if I could buy them, they could cut and weld my it to my exhaust. How did you get them? I've scoured the Solo Performance website and can only find them integrated into the cat-back systems. I don't see anywhere I can order them separate. Also, do you remember about how much they cost?
Marklar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 10:16 AM   #5
ramil13

Any shop that knows how to weld can do it. You just tell them where. You can find out where by just looking at exhaust pictures of where others put them. I think it cost me 200-300CAD i'm not sure don't remember but it made the exhaust much better

If you contact Solo they can ship you it separately. I was lazy and got it from someone who ordered it from them

340rwhp Dyno

Old 09-25-2018, 11:51 AM   #6
Marklar

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramil13 View Post
Any shop that knows how to weld can do it. You just tell them where. You can find out where by just looking at exhaust pictures of where others put them.
I know, but that doesn't change the fact that every shop I've talked to refused to do it. Even the shop that cut and welded my axle-back and tips (that does loads of custom exhaust work). idk why... my town is dumb
Marklar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 10:13 PM   #7
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
340 rwhp....wow! Great work!
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 09:56 AM   #8
ramil13

Thanks, to test if the dyno stats were accurate I did a couple pulls with a friend of mine.

He has a 2018 Mustang GT.. those make 460bhp. We did 3 pulls from a dig i beat him by half a car length (while my other friend was in my car). We stopped at 80 KM/hr

Rolls were about even

340rwhp Dyno

Last edited by ramil13; 10-15-2018 at 10:24 AM.
Old 10-28-2018, 12:00 PM   #9
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
Thanks, to test if the dyno stats were accurate I did a couple pulls with a friend of mine.

He has a 2018 Mustang GT.. those make 460bhp. We did 3 pulls from a dig i beat him by half a car length (while my other friend was in my car). We stopped at 80 KM/hr

Rolls were about even
Awesome! I guess there is hope for these (as the V8 snobs would say) underpowered V6 engines.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 12:49 PM   #10
ramil13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
Awesome! I guess there is hope for these (as the V8 snobs would say) underpowered V6 engines.
The trans and block holds up well in this car and has to be rebuilt around 500rwhp. They are no where near weak.

Whoever said/says that probably doesn't know much about engines or how they work if they think a car is weak because it has 2 less cylinders. I've seen cars with 4 cylinders run 9s

340rwhp Dyno

Old 10-29-2018, 04:35 PM   #11
djcolopi

Drives: @orange_maro
Quote:
The trans and block holds up well in this car and has to be rebuilt around 500rwhp. They are no where near weak.

Whoever said/says that probably doesn't know much about engines or how they work if they think a car is weak because it has 2 less cylinders. I've seen cars with 4 cylinders run 9s
Rebuilt around 500rwhp, add 100rwhp to that. The stock internals should be good up to 600rwhp. Fueling is maxed out on the HPFP with zl1 fuel pump at 500-520rwhp.
Old 10-29-2018, 06:37 PM   #12
ramil13

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcolopi View Post
Rebuilt around 500rwhp, add 100rwhp to that. The stock internals should be good up to 600rwhp. Fueling is maxed out on the HPFP with zl1 fuel pump at 500-520rwhp.
Further proving my point lol

340rwhp Dyno

Old 11-27-2018, 06:14 PM   #13
gpostle9c1

Drives: 2014 Cadillac ATS 3.6 Perfoemance E
Do you know of anybody in the United States that can install cams on LFX motors, been trying to find a person near me here in California but nobody wants to. I have a 2014 Cadillac ATS with the LFX motor, I'm trying to get my mace cams installed.
gpostle9c1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 01:40 PM   #14
ramil13

If you go to Florida then Tracy can definitely do that.

His website is http://tracylewisperformance.com you can get all the info you need there.

https://www.instagram.com/tracylewisperformance/

He's one of the only people who know v6s and these motors so well.

Planning to get a topmount supercharger from him in the summer. Highly recommend him to do your cam replacement

340rwhp Dyno