Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 08:20 AM   #71
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
The Drama stops here...

Chris-HPS is a respected tuner and also a sponsor of this site.

Right here in front of everyone, and as stated by the OP, Chris has stepped up and taken care of the issues...

I believe that Chris probably talked to the shop the op took his car to before allowing them to make suggested repairs... to determine in his mind if they were capable of making solid repairs as suggested by Chris.

There is a subforum for vendor reviews, and this thread is not it.

Those of you who's posts disappeared along with the drama posts, I apologize... call it collateral damage...

Any further posts bashing vendors, wringing hands, playing the devils advocate or doom saying will be deleted without further explanation and dealt with as necessary beyond that.

I speak from first hand knowledge that high level tuners and builders occasionally have to depend on others for what may be a temporary fix, or in some cases, a permenant fix... It is certainly not a slap on the tuner/builder/vendor... It is actually a tribute that they do follow up on and pursue the issues their customers have... No one builds these big mod cars without occasional issues; the proof is in the way it is handled after the fact... I contracted with my builder to build my car... not to be with me for thee rest of my life in case anything were to ever happen..

Last year on the way to the Fest in Phoenix, I crapped a turbo, and it took the other one with it from over spinning... My builder was ready to 1, get on a plane, 2, drive out with his trailer... I told him no, there was a builder/tuner from another shop.. I got them on the phone together and the guy that happened to be along with our group, made suggestions, and offered information based on his findings, but only did what my builder asked him to do... and he never charged me a dime for his time either... about five hours total...

Problem was solved, I enjoyed the rest of the time in Phoenix, drove the car 1000 miles home and then my builder went over it with a fine tooth comb...

All is good...

Chris has stepped up as stated by the op... so vendor trashing and bashing stops...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
Old 06-27-2012, 08:24 AM   #72
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhunley14 View Post
Speedmon that is a good read. In every proffession there are definitely crooks and people who do not know what they are doing. I will say this. There has been a slight problem with my build. Chris has been paid in full and he his gone above and beyond to make sure that things get taken care of. Not only is he getting it done, he is also putting in new axle and a methanol kit as well. If I did not think he was ethical or trust him, i would move on to another shop. Since the first time I talked to him till now he has always been a straight shooter and i would recommend people to his shop. I understand this is a forum and that you have freedom of speech but your off base here.
Thank you for this confirmation on the integrity of this vendor and forum sponsor...

But.. This is a privately owned and operated Forum, and as such, there is no "fredom of speech." We have rules and forums for specific topics and this is not the location for a vendor review.

Rhunley, Again, I appreciate this post and you certainly did nothing wrong, I just want others to realize we do have and will enforce the rules of posting, for the benefit of the site, the members and the vendors.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
Old 06-27-2012, 10:03 AM   #73
LSX-80MM
Ghostly Unknown

Drives: Silver Ice 2010 SS/RS A6
TS416,GMPPLSX-LS3 6 Bolt Heads,Custom 80mmComp Turbo,ID850 Injectors, Lonnies Twin Pump Setup,Level 3 4L80E,DSS,3in Magnaflow Exhaust,CoolingMist Meth,RX Dual Catch Can,InnovateWB,Aeroforce Interceptor,AEM Truboost Controller,matte black CF5 Forgestars.700rwhp/712rwtrq
Old 07-01-2012, 03:55 AM   #74
jasycz28
J.Sick

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
So what was the fix?
Old 07-01-2012, 01:24 PM   #75
SS_Diaz

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 2SS
Send a message via Yahoo to SS_Diaz
Thinking a leaky injector, Im out of town so the car is at home. The new injectors will be installed on thursday and hopefully its good to go.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:37 PM   #76
rhunley14

Drives: Camaro SS
How things going buddy?
Old 07-06-2012, 06:53 PM   #77
SS_Diaz

They installed the injectors today but nope, still having the problem. Talking with Chris to see where we go from here.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:37 PM   #78
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
1.do you have meth on the car now?

2.you said you heard a popping noise. possible tb acting up? is it ported?
Old 10-04-2012, 07:17 PM   #79
SS_Diaz

TIME FOR AN UPDATE!!! So it's been a few months now and guess what.... HPS STILL hasn't fixed my problem. Im still having the same problem as another guy on this forum with the delayed starts with FIC injectors but mine is with the HPS turbo kit. I've taken my car up to Chris another 2 times driving over 400 miles round trip each time in my car. The 1st time i took my car up there we messed with the cranking table all day and he checked his tune but could not fix the problem. This last time i left my car at HPS for 3 weeks to fix multiple problems. When im stopped at a light with my AC on my car begins to smell like exhaust in the cabin, 2 Rich fuel CEL codes, exhuast rubbing on my frame in the front and on the rear crossbrace and for my delayed start problem. My car was there for 3 weeks and he told me it was all fixed. So i pick up my car yesterday and the first time i start my car it happens again with the delayed start!!!! So i call Chris and tell him what the HECK is going on and i get the runaround. He was supposed to call me back after he talked to his mechanic and he never did. I called a few hours later and got voicemail... Called twice today and guess what... Voicemail! I HAVE GIVEN UP ALL FAITH IN HPS! I gave them 3 opportunities to fix my car that didnt have problems till they installed THIER turbo kit and they failed. I was told nothing but lies. Someone please help and point me in the right direction of where i can start to breakdown my fuel problem. I was told my CEL's that came on for rich fuel just mean that my MAF sensor is gonna go out soon that its not a problem. I would just have to replace my MAF. I dont even know if i can believe that either. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. This has been the worst car experience i have ever had to go through.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:54 PM   #80
Crime2
Got Boost?

Drives: 2010 1SS RS
Just my two cents. The MAF is cheep, put one in. It's not cheep but ever think about ID850's and ditch the FIC's?

When I was told to spend $950 on injectors I told the guy he was nuts. Well I did it and the car runs perfect.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:05 PM   #81
SS_Diaz

Yeah I was told they were going to take out my FIC's and put in the ID850s but that didnt end up happening. Thats why i thought i was dropping off my car there for in the first place cause hps told me they were going to order me those injectors about 6 weeks ago. I just had to wait 3 weeks to finally have time to drive 5 hours away and leave my car there. I replaced my MAF already just cause thats where i was told to start diagnosing my problem.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:32 PM   #82
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Damn, that's awful. I'm sorry to hear all this. There have been a few recent complaints with that company. Hopefully they can get it resolved. Any thoughts about accepting the loss and seeking help from another shop? Shitty, yes, but being able to use your car may make you get over that fact. Good luck!!
Old 10-04-2012, 09:57 PM   #83
Crime2
Got Boost?

Drives: 2010 1SS RS
I say take a road trip to JRE and let his guys fix it up the correct way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. If it is spelllled wrong, deal with it.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:41 PM   #84
rhunley14

Drives: Camaro SS
Dude this is really insane. I know you are about to pull your hair out. I hope you and Chris can get this resolved.

Closed Thread