Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-15-2015, 07:42 AM   #15
Mityguy

Drives: 2018 Hyperblue Camaro 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon War Horse View Post
Welcome! These are great cars. After around 1500 miles, change the oil and have a blast!
I wanted my dealer to do that for me and he said no don't come in till 5k. It was cool though I just changed it my self... Stupid dealers not doing what I ask.
Mityguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:31 AM   #16
BostiPB

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS
Congrats and welcome. One thing you might want to consider getting for your new car is some splash guards.
2014 2SS/RS - Red Rock Metallic - Kooks Headers, Corsa Extreme, Factory Reproductions Z28 Rims, Pedders Coilovers, JDP Clutch Reservoir, Summit Racing Line Lock, GM Strut Brace, GM low profile splash guards, Roto-fab CAI, Oracle Ghosted Sidemarker Lights & Concept Mirrors, ZL1 Side Skirts, MGW Flat Stick Shifter, BMR Subframe Connectors, Eaton Truetrac, Yukon 4.11s, GForce Renegade Axles, Speedmaster79 Diff Cover, Offset Diff Bushings, Every Suspension Bushing Front & Rear Replaced with BMR Poly Bushings - 421HP 412TQ
BostiPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 12:46 PM   #17
RagingHawk

Drives: Fuel efficient compact sedan :)
Thanks SirNuke , MIT, and Bosti. PSI on side of of car is 35 front/rear. Cold they're around 31/32 and when the tires warm up a bit theyget around 34 which I'm assuming is correct. So cold I'll keep them at 32. That's how they came out of the dealer.

Someone said I should change oil at 1500 miles, is there a reason for that?

I will consider getting splash guards too.
RagingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 04:27 AM   #18
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Drives: 2014 2LT A6 'Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingHawk View Post
Thanks SirNuke , MIT, and Bosti. PSI on side of of car is 35 front/rear. Cold they're around 31/32 and when the tires warm up a bit theyget around 34 which I'm assuming is correct. So cold I'll keep them at 32. That's how they came out of the dealer.

Someone said I should change oil at 1500 miles, is there a reason for that?

I will consider getting splash guards too.
Tire pressure should then be 35 PSI cold. They will get up to 37,38,39 once you get them warmed up, and that is fine and normal. Tire pressure will differ with the outside temperature also, so you might have to adjust them a little over the year.

As far as changing the oil after 1500 miles, it is up to you. It doesn't state that you should change it after the 1500 mile break in period in the manual, but some people do. There is probably a 50-50 ratio of people who changed it at that time. The reason people do change it is to see if there is excessive wear on the engine during that time.

Also, NEED PICS!!!!!

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
NYCamOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 12:57 PM   #19
phalkonvee

Drives: 2004 cts-v
35 is too high cold,whats the door jam say?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
phalkonvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 01:02 PM   #20
phalkonvee

Drives: 2004 cts-v
This is a spring special car.limited paint and bling bling wheels

phalkonvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 02:52 PM   #21
RagingHawk

Thanks for info guys. I got some pictures but there is a glare.

I really can't handle this 1500 mile break in. I don't drive far and this isn't my daily driving car. In the spring/summer it is though.

Is 500 miles enough, can I go ful throttle? I already did a few times.

Also I notice on the freeway my car wobbles a little when I let go of gas. Is this normal? If someone tells me tire alignment, with these shithole Michigan roads it's not use to realign them as a couple bumps on road bring it back to same thing. Out to dealer the steering wheel was angled a bit to the right.

Thanks.

Last edited by RagingHawk; 06-16-2015 at 07:22 PM.
Old 06-16-2015, 02:52 PM   #22
RagingHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by phalkonvee View Post
This is a spring special car.limited paint and bling bling wheels

I love those wheels.
Old 06-16-2015, 04:40 PM   #23
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingHawk View Post
I love those wheels.
The car in your original post is the 2015 Green Flash and carries a $6,000 premium, which boggles the mind as the only thing "unique" about that car are the wheels and the paint. This is generally not a vehicle for someone on a budget as the wheels are $1,000 each and the tires are well beyond $2,000 a set. My left rear cost me $650 to replace and I had to wait 3 days for the Ford Dealership to even get one of the 3 that were in the entire Houston market that week. I have 5 years road hazard and a daily driver so I didn't care.

If I saw from your follow up post correctly, you picked up a "non-special edition" model. This is an excellent choice imo. The other replies were spot on, change the oil at 1,500 mi then again between 5,000 and 7,500. This will get the metallic shavings out of the oil from burn in. There is another thought about changing the rear differential fluid, but will let you research that on your own. Personally, I would stick to safety and suspension mods after a CAI; catch can, strut tower brace then eventually steel brake lines, upgraded rotors and brake pistons. It's possible to get a straight Brembo swap from a V8 owner. Don't try and do everything at once.

Is this a used car? I'm not too experienced on LS front ends, but the front end looks different with that grill, louvers and really hoping the pics didn't do your black paint justice. The car should be flawless if new and have no alignment issues; I would take it back asap. The car should feel like a solid brick at normal freeway speeds. I'll bow to the LS crowd to discuss sport differences in tires and vibrations.

Welcome to C5 and congrats! The first thing I would do is find the local Camaro club and learn about your car from them and here.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 05:07 PM   #24
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
Your car shouldn't wobble at all. Get it checked out
Old 06-16-2015, 05:26 PM   #25
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
The car that you have pictured is the Spring Edition Green Flash. It has special ground effects and the ZL-1 rear spoiler. The wheels are 21", this is the only model that gets that color paint and wheels and ground effects. If you don't have one yet, you probably won't get one as they will make probably less than 1000 of them. They come with the 2SS/RS options. I ordered mine early and the only options I got were the NPP exhaust, NAV, and short throw shifter for the M-6 trans.

Your LS will not have these ground effects or wheels on it.

Good luck and enjoy!
Happy motoring!!!
Tune by DynoSteve via SCTx4 Tuner

One of 82 GF Ragtops built in '15 out of 811 Total

[/SIZE]

theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 05:31 PM   #26
RagingHawk

@snoman

It's new not used, the glare makes the car look bland. In person it is nice, pictures were taken with 5mp camera phone. I do need a car wash though. Regarding the special edition, yes I know it is one. But I saw a black ss model with those wheels somewhere on a magazine site whichh I'm looking for and will post picks up. That would be my ideal camaro. Although I doubt I'd be getting one anytime soon.

@theraptopguy

Nice car!

I'm sure you're having fun with it. Thanks btw!

@homelessman

In some cases it felt very solid, when I first pulled on freeway it was wobbling though. If this is some problem then I will visit a dealer soon.
Old 06-16-2015, 06:24 PM   #27
Rakito
Thunderfury

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS M6 1/205
Nice on getting a free car Raging. I got a 2011 1LS new when I was starting off. Now i'm in a 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/RS and its definitely a world of difference in terms of luxuries like Leather and Heated seats and HUD, but I still loved my LS. I wouldn't drive it hard until 1,500 miles (what I did on mine) because I didn't want to risk any potential damage for myself or whoever else owns it now.

But welcome to the Family.
"Thunderfury"

Old Car:
"Blu Bee"
2011 Camaro LS Imperial Blue
HURST Short-Throw M6
--You will be missed good buddy--
Rakito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 07:24 PM   #28
RagingHawk

Thanks Rakito