Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2014 Camaro5 Fest (V)

Old 05-06-2014, 05:17 PM   #29
AngelSpeedFreak
Most hated in NM....

Drives: Sold the 6POINT2, went to a 50THZ06
I looked at a few things but with 1000 miles to go home I figured it would be best to order online...
Old 05-07-2014, 12:31 PM   #30
12blkgrayRS

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS 2LT 6spd man
because I was working the track and racing I didnt have much time to shop. maybe a total of 30 min all weekend. I did get a hat and some chrome pieces for under the hood. I was happy with the time allotted. I couldnt afford all the other stuff...Actually (Wife says NO!) LOL I lived just 30 min away from the track. From what I understand the vendors usually have to order extra inventory just for the events, then have to return the unsold merchandise. which was mentioned above.
12blkgrayRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 01:26 PM   #31
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSpeedFreak View Post
I looked at a few things but with 1000 miles to go home I figured it would be best to order online...
^^^ and this is what they count on. The after show sales.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:08 PM   #32
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Ive been to some Mustang outings like NMRA and Ive seen Nitto and Mickey Thompson have a few sets that they sell for a pretty good deal but for the most part the vendors are there for Q & A stuff and meet and greet.
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:47 PM   #33
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post
It isn't normal for vendors to bring a full inventory of parts to sell, for any event. The purpose for vendor rows is to introduce you to the product, answer technical questions, and have something for you to put your hands on. It isn't meant to be a sales row. Just like at SEMA show, nothing gets sold.

I was there, but mostly supporting customers and answering wheel related questions, and enjoying some racing in my Camaro.

Tony
Exactly. Also the hassle of having to get a temporary business license, having to pay taxes and keep everyone's info secure. It just didn't make much sense to us, especially being somewhat short staffed. Not to mention we have a huge assortment of parts on our website. Even bringing one of just a small portion of what we offer took up a lot of room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
Honestly, I would want my parts shipped home. You didn't travel too far, but I highly doubt a lot of members want to fill their back seats with car parts and travel with them for 2,000 miles.
We have sold items at past fests and for most items they asked if we could ship the items anyway, that or ship them their stock stuff because they didn't have room. We also didn't have a lot of man power as only 3 of us attended and Jordan spent little to no time at the booth; he was too busy with the Camarocross instructing and laying down some fast times!
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
I talked to JDP about selling stuff and their response was, Texas taxes prevented them from offering any great deals. It would be cheaper for you to order it from their site and have it waiting on your doorstep when you got home. As MS posted, once you factor in your time/energy, fuel, cost of product, and the lower profit margin, I could easily see this as an issue. NO ONE wants spend that much $$ to make a small profit or even lose $$.
Yep exactly.. We can offer a better deal along with free shipping if you call us and ask for the show special. Our goal was more to be there to support, demo products and answer questions and I think we did just that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
^^^ and this is what they count on. The after show sales.
Bingo!

All in all I had a great time! It was great meeting a lot of you and putting a face to the names. Let us know if you have any questions or if we can still help you out with those items you were hoping to pick up at the fest.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote