Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-21-2014, 12:21 PM   #29
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Good luck OP, but it's unlikely paypal is going to find in you favor, even with these post on reprogramming as it's in the words of someone on a forum.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:32 PM   #30
Knockoutpie

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Good luck OP, but it's unlikely paypal is going to find in you favor, even with these post on reprogramming as it's in the words of someone on a forum.
If paypal does end up ruling in the buyers favor and I do receive the item back i'm going to be furious, with how much evidence i've given them....
Old 08-21-2014, 12:35 PM   #31
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockoutpie View Post
If paypal does end up ruling in the buyers favor and I do receive the item back i'm going to be furious, with how much evidence i've given them....
Unfortunately as many have mentioned, PayPal is buyer buyer friendly.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:36 PM   #32
Knockoutpie

In this thread http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=356934&page=3

You can read that the item doesn't work for the user named Deke736, however that's in his car, when he plugs it into his friends, car it turns on, stating the item is not faulty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deke736 View Post
Ok, so all the wires are in and I fired it up and nothing happens. For the connection to the radio hvac A20 connector, I didn't have 2 black wires, I only had a red, a bare wire, and a taped wire. I assumed the bare wire acted as the factory black wire in the instructions. Is this correct?

I'm not sure what other issue it could be. Everything else plugged right in.

Oh- but I can turn my hazard flashers on and off.
Quote:
Any ideas why I'm not getting power to the faceplate? Is the T-tapped wire providing the power?
Quote:
Into my A20 connector I had a bare, and taped and a red. No factory black. I assumed the taped wire was the one referenced as a wrapped black wire in the video into plug 7 (mine is black wire and wrapped) and I put the bare wire into 6 since I didn't have a factory black. Still not getting the faceplate to power on.
Quote:
Basically my faceplate isn't doing anything except the hazard button works.
Quote:
I thought that too. It seems to be touching wire but it seems loose. Maybe I'll try to run power to the white wire from another source. My amp and speakers are popping every time I turn the key on and off, so something is happening.
Quote:
I just tested the t-tapped white wire and I have 12v all the way to the white connector that plugs into the faceplate.

Just for the heck of it I tried plugging the old faceplate back in and that doesn't power up either, and it doesn't even use any of the new wires.
Quote:
Is there another fuse besides the one in the trunk panel labeled radio?
Quote:
Old faceplate and the old silver box. I check every fuse that may be remotely associated with the radio/ onstar/ heated seats/ etc just to be sure and all are fine. My faceplate is brand new and just came out of the box this morning. I've sent Ofer a PM hoping he will call me. I don't know what else to do.
Quote:
I spoke to Ofer and we are working through my faceplate issue. It's got us stumped since my faceplate works in my buddy's 2013 and the faceplate from the 2013 works in mine, so it's not a wiring issue. I'll post up a resolution when we find one.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:42 PM   #33
Knockoutpie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
Got the word to day from GTPprix the one unit we sent out to test that the costumer sent back with no screen coming on, was not in the program, his was in the AC connector, when he went back to stock his old ac control did not come on.

any one that can PM me with a unit that does not power on i want to take the time and help fix it.

Any one that has a bad pic on the 2012 car from the camera PM chevy24@gen5diy and will get you set, one wire in the harness is off.

Quote:
That was me and it is now installed and working perfectly! Dealer swapped the harness and connector A20 and I was up and running in about an hour today!

One question I do have is what account is the XM radio now under? I sent a refresh signal via the XM website and everything started working fine. When I went to my XM account to change the radio ID to my new one it said it was associated to another account.

And does the MyLink display grid lines for the backup camera like my mirror display? If so, how do you turn them on?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
First congrats, GTPprix and i think some how when you added the 5 wires for the AC connecter one of the wires in the harness got damaged, or was bad to start, GTPprix call me yesterday he had your old unit working and the display on too.

As far as i know the camera in the mylink does not have any grid lines in it, there in the mirror form the 2012 cars only.

If you have the radio ID in hand ( the one off Chanel 0 of the radio ) you need to call them you cant do it of the App or on line.

As you can see here there was nothing wrong with the display, but the wires he purchased.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:57 PM   #34
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by LnLSS View Post
I have been through it before. Stand your ground and wait out the time period and the case should resolve in your favor.
It sounds like you did your due diligence. Just wait it out.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:01 PM   #35
Knockoutpie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
It sounds like you did your due diligence. Just wait it out.
Ya I suppose I should just leave it at this point, i've provided so much evidence that if PayPal finds in his favor i'm just going to be baffled, i'll never use paypal again if that's the case...

Last edited by Knockoutpie; 08-21-2014 at 01:02 PM. Reason: improper grammar
Knockoutpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:10 PM   #36
No Excuses
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Even with that much evidence PayPal will side with the buyer but the fact he waited 20 days may just help u.
No Excuses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:38 PM   #37
Knockoutpie

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Excuses View Post
Even with that much evidence PayPal will side with the buyer but the fact he waited 20 days may just help u.
Let's hope so man, that's past a lot of return policies, even though there wasn't one in my case.... I did it for a reason because people try and pull things like this.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:42 PM   #38
schwartzeneger

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red Tintcoat
One thing I would suggest if something like this ever comes up in the future, is to try and get as much information from him as possible before telling him that he made a mistake. Like asking for his vehicle info, and exactly what he did to install it. Then if things do go south and he files a PP dispute, you can show them that he admitted to installing it incorrectly.
schwartzeneger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:44 PM   #39
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
I used to sell a lot of PC components on EBay. Because they are considered "sensitive" equipment (i.e. bad install or electrostatic charge can ruin them), I always put a 7-day return policy on them. Everything I've ever sold was personally-used gear, and I knew they worked.

I got burned on the last two sales. One was a CPU that failed after 20 days due to the guy screwing around with voltages, and the last deal was a high-end GPU that failed after 27 days due to only one of two power connectors being plugged in (mis-installation).

Even though I had documentation from the buyers that stated that the items did work beyond the 7 days return period, I lost both cases, even after appeals.

As it's been stated, it's nearly impossible to win a dispute when you're the seller. Good luck to you, but the prognosis isn't good.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:44 PM   #40
stoopid

Drives: 4 wheels
"No returns" is to keep people selling goods, but as you see Paypal has its own rules (and reality), as well as it's own kangaroo court where they play judge and jury where sellers are guilty until proven innocent.

If it wasn't for the fact I was able to fix and promptly resell my return within their time frames (before the case was closed) I'd never see that money back AND be stuck with a buyer broken return.

Ebay just isn't seller friendly and I've done less and less over the years through them (I have over 500 feedback in 14+ years on eBay fwiw). I'm also trying to sell only new stuff whenever possible so they don't come after ME for their money, they're forwarded to the manufacturer for warranty service/replacement. The used stuff I sell isn't going to kill me financially if someone tries to play games.

Amazon and craigslist are other good alternatives.
stoopid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:51 PM   #41
redleader
redleader

Drives: 2010
We stopped PP, and ETSY with other products. It just kinda legalised theft IMO. Built our own website QED :-)
redleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 02:03 PM   #42
Knockoutpie

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwartzeneger View Post
One thing I would suggest if something like this ever comes up in the future, is to try and get as much information from him as possible before telling him that he made a mistake. Like asking for his vehicle info, and exactly what he did to install it. Then if things do go south and he files a PP dispute, you can show them that he admitted to installing it incorrectly.
Ya unfortunately the buyer never contacted me, just went straight to paypal and filed a suit.