Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 03-15-2015, 01:25 AM   #1
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IOM #25223
Adams Patriot Wax

Okay fellas,

Not many of you probably remember me as I have been gone for a while, but I used to be in this section all of the time along with CamaroDreams07. I was never a huge fan of all of Adams products because I don't stick to a single line, but there were some products from them that I felt was the best on the market, one of them being Americana. I have tried 25+ waxes, including some rediculously expensive waxes, and really seemed to enjoy it. I would place it in my top 3 waxes of all time.

Before I left I coated my car with OptiCoat 2.0. I am about to graduate from college in May and have recently got a lot of free time on my hands, something that I didn't have in past semesters... I plan to remove the coating and either purchase Americana again or the new Patriot Wax. I miss waxing my car. It was my time to get away from everything else.

This is where my question comes in; for those who have used both, do you feel that the Patriot Wax is that much better than Americana? What differences are there in looks, application, and durability? Does it really need to be kept in a refrigerator as long as it is kept in a cool climate controlled basement?

Thanks for your help! It is much appreciated.

P.S. Dylan feel free to chime in here.
Iomcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 10:50 AM   #2
charlietuna

Drives: 2013 ZL1
It's amazing. You should store it in a cool place so it doesn't separate.
Old 03-16-2015, 02:00 PM   #3
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends

Thanks Charlie. Nobody else have experience with it?
Old 03-16-2015, 03:34 PM   #4
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
Haven't used both, sorry. Although I'm surprised it has taken Dylan this long to reply, must be busy with a something.
Old 03-16-2015, 09:13 PM   #5
camro

Drives: All original
I also keep it cool, safest would be in the ref to avoid separation.
camro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 12:22 PM   #6
Tecca

Drives: ...
Hey Keith, been a long time. I just do not post anymore anywhere. Not worth the hassle.

As shocking as it may seem I have tried both Americana and Patriot. This is just my take and not a bash on the product by any means as it is geared towards certain types. Also keep in mind I tried Patriot when they were selling it in a limited edition billet container which was like 2 years ago I believe.
I wouldn't purchase Patriot unless you are going to use it on a show car and only a show car. Why, for $99 bucks a pot you expect some durability but this stuff is near the bottom on my list for durability. However if you want shine it is high on the list. As for application it is very easy to use. It might be a little easier to buff off than Americana but Americana is easy to use as well. Yes keep it cool.

You know I was never a fan of Adams but that was more personal than anything. A lot has changed since then and all their products are worth a look. With that said your money would be better spent elsewhere on this one. Might I suggest looking at the Auto Finesse or Victoria lines.

Anyway nice seeing you again and hope all is well.
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 04:17 PM   #7
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Sorry for the delayed reply... spring season madness is already in full effect here at Adam's. 80* temps in March in Colorado aren't helping either as all I want to do is detail stuff LOL.

So to answer the original question:

Americana offers the best balance of durability and enhancement as it can stand up to the elements. It has been in our line for a long time now and its continually impressed me with how well it stands up to abuse.

Patriot was, from the very beginning, designed to be a 'concourse wax' or in other words for your show car, weekend toy, or similar stuff. The application is an experience for sure. It goes on super creamy and buffs off effortlessly. I wouldn't put it on your daily driver.

That being said I wouldn't wax any daily driver. Sealants have really bridged the appearance gap and offer MUCH better longevity.

PS - I might be posting a deal late today/early tomorrow with a discount on Patriot, so if you're thinking about it wait just a little longer
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 07:53 PM   #8
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecca View Post
Hey Keith, been a long time. I just do not post anymore anywhere. Not worth the hassle.

As shocking as it may seem I have tried both Americana and Patriot. This is just my take and not a bash on the product by any means as it is geared towards certain types. Also keep in mind I tried Patriot when they were selling it in a limited edition billet container which was like 2 years ago I believe.
I wouldn't purchase Patriot unless you are going to use it on a show car and only a show car. Why, for $99 bucks a pot you expect some durability but this stuff is near the bottom on my list for durability. However if you want shine it is high on the list. As for application it is very easy to use. It might be a little easier to buff off than Americana but Americana is easy to use as well. Yes keep it cool.

You know I was never a fan of Adams but that was more personal than anything. A lot has changed since then and all their products are worth a look. With that said your money would be better spent elsewhere on this one. Might I suggest looking at the Auto Finesse or Victoria lines.

Hey Chris! I'm doing great. I'm about ready to graduate from college with my Bachelors in Computer Information Technology. Already got a few jobs lined up. You should definitely message me your e-mail to keep in touch. I haven't posted on the forums in a long time either. I haven't had the time or the motivation. I just saw a new wax and needed to know about it haha. I plan on getting back into detailing this spring once I wake the Camaro up from her nice long winter nap. I hope all is well with you.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:56 PM   #9
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam's Polishes View Post
Sorry for the delayed reply... spring season madness is already in full effect here at Adam's. 80* temps in March in Colorado aren't helping either as all I want to do is detail stuff LOL.

Americana offers the best balance of durability and enhancement as it can stand up to the elements. It has been in our line for a long time now and its continually impressed me with how well it stands up to abuse.

Patriot was, from the very beginning, designed to be a 'concourse wax' or in other words for your show car, weekend toy, or similar stuff. The application is an experience for sure. It goes on super creamy and buffs off effortlessly. I wouldn't put it on your daily driver.

That being said I wouldn't wax any daily driver. Sealants have really bridged the appearance gap and offer MUCH better longevity.

PS - I might be posting a deal late today/early tomorrow with a discount on Patriot, so if you're thinking about it wait just a little longer
Looks like I'm waiting haha. I have a lot of sealants and I like them for daily drivers, but I just don't get the same enjoyment out of applying a sealant to my Camaro as I do a wax. It's almost therapeutic like for me. I just get to get away from everything else and do something I enjoy. I honestly don't even mind if the durability is only 3 weeks to a month. It only matters if it is easy to use, looks good, and I enjoy doing it.

P.S. I'll have to keep an eye out for what you're going to post. I want a gallon of that new soap as I just ran out of my last gallon of Adam's red/pink soap. It is by far my favorite for a foam cannon. I cannot find anything to match it as far as how well it clings and how far it spreads.
Old 03-17-2015, 08:38 PM   #10
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecca View Post

Also, if you read this, what would you suggest from Auto Finesse and Victoria. Auto Finesse has so many different ones that I don't know what to choose. I have looked at Vic Red, but not too sure about the application.
Old 03-18-2015, 10:37 AM   #11
Adam's Polishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iomcamaro View Post
Looks like I'm waiting haha. I have a lot of sealants and I like them for daily drivers, but I just don't get the same enjoyment out of applying a sealant to my Camaro as I do a wax. It's almost therapeutic like for me. I just get to get away from everything else and do something I enjoy. I honestly don't even mind if the durability is only 3 weeks to a month. It only matters if it is easy to use, looks good, and I enjoy doing it.
Based on that, you'd love Patriot... I love the experience of putting it on. Just a super creamy, smooth, effortless paste to apply.
Old 03-18-2015, 10:38 AM   #12
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam's Polishes View Post

Guess I will be looking for this too.
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 12:17 PM   #13
Adam's Polishes

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=400436