Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-12-2015, 09:45 AM   #29
RJZJR

Drives: in progress 3rd Gen BBC 4L80e fab 9
well all the arguments aside ... the 5th gen was based on Chevrolet's most exciting car since inception of the first muscle car which was the mid size car chevelle...now in the pony car wars are born big motor, great handling ,awsome looks ..." retro" as everyone calls it..for the fifth gen...kudos!!! gm thanks for this car . It has started the fire again in performance car arena.. if this next car performs as well as you lead to ...get ready for something new in the marketplace. .a base market camaro capable of producing numbers that even cars costing two and three times more... I think of it more as the Corvette team and the Camaro team ...getting to beat up on the rest of the performance car market ... if the Camaro can't get em... watch out for the other one ...HAS A BIG CAN OF WHOOP@$$..READY AND WAITING... QUOTE.. who needs all that power nobody really ...but I'll take all mine w/113 octane e85... thanks chevrolet for your comment to speed ... don't need it ....stay in the slow lane on your cell phone...let big boys through ...THANKS CHEVROLET AND THE CAMARO TEAM... make mine red...
RJZJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 11:39 AM   #30
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
New platform, new powertrains, new technologies, vastly better performance, but no it's not a new car.
Old 04-12-2015, 11:48 AM   #31

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgnxs View Post
I'm sure once it's actually unveiled and inevitably gets parked next to a 5th gen for comparison's sake, we'll all see just how different it really is. No use really worrying about if it looks too much like a 5th gen yet, considering it hasn't been revealed. All we know for now is information they've let out, which is that it only shares two parts with the 5th gen: SS badge and the bowtie emblem on the taillamp panel. You can safely say it's a new generation of camaro.

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/n...19-camaro.html
Yes, indeed. A side by side comparison will speak volumes as to comparing styling.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 12:26 PM   #32

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
New platform, new powertrains, new technologies, vastly better performance, but no it's not a new car.
...And exactly for all the reasons you mention above is why a perceived minor change in exterior styling and appearance may be disappointing to some...Everything new, except for how it basically looks.....As always with the disclaimer of what we know now, and wait until the actual reveal.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 03:33 PM   #33
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
How about wait until the reveal before saying anything about how the 6 Gen looks. Nobody knows what it looks like outside of Chevrolet/GM. Don't base any of your decisions on a heavily camoed Camaro.
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 03:36 PM   #34
sonnydurden

Also, I wish we could make a list of members that will be eating crow after 5/16.. Lol
Old 04-12-2015, 03:48 PM   #35
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin'UU View Post
Hello all, am I the only one who was really hoping that the Gen 6 was going to be a retro second Gen?
Also,
I don't like how they are calling it a "New" generation when it is the same body style. They did basically the same thing to the new Mustangs "looks pretty much the same as the old one". I think this is more of a marketing thing than anything else. How many subtile ( and not so subtile ) changes did the 3rd and 4th Gen Corvettes and Camaros go through? LOTS. Why can't it still be the 5th Gen, and when the car ACTUALLY changes call THAT a 6th Gen??
how would it be new if it was a retro second gen style?
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 04:23 PM   #36
djm96z28

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS LS3
The fourth gen Camaro was an "evolution" of the third gen. It had the same basic hatchback shape, but the looks had changed enough that it looked different from the third gen. The OP is just stating that what we've seen so far, this isn't the case with the 5th/6th gen Camaro. Sure, different platform but appearance wise, it doesn't look like much has changed. I hope we're all surprised.
djm96z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 05:42 PM   #37
Zapote21
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 2SS
Just because the car "looks" like the 5th gen does not mean its not new... Every single piece on this car is new. Meaning different than 5th gen. Ok, well maybe not that one bow tie, but come on people... It may "look" like the 5th gen, but its most definitely a new generation by any stretch...
2016 C7 DSOM
2012 2SS yellow vert
2017 2LT Krypton Green
2018 2LT Hot wheels crush
2020 2SS Shock vert.
2017 2SS Krypton Green coupe
Zapote21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 07:11 PM   #38
atlcamaro1

Drives: mercedes s class
Quote:
Originally Posted by djm96z28 View Post
The fourth gen Camaro was an "evolution" of the third gen. It had the same basic hatchback shape, but the looks had changed enough that it looked different from the third gen. The OP is just stating that what we've seen so far, this isn't the case with the 5th/6th gen Camaro. Sure, different platform but appearance wise, it doesn't look like much has changed. I hope we're all surprised.
I agree. Anybody can tell that is more a evolution of the 5th generation, instead of a whole new look.
atlcamaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 08:33 PM   #39
v8

Drives: 19 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin'UU View Post
Nothing about this car says "Completely new" the very first thing I say when I see this pic is "Oh its a Camo'ed 5th Gen Camaro" thats it.

The front end looks ok but that rear end looks like a family sedan
Attached Images

2009 Mustang GT convertible
2012 45th 2SS Vert
2013 ZL1 M6
2014 Zl1 M6
2014 GT500
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6

www.youtube.com/c/garageking

v8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 08:59 PM   #40
sonnydurden

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 View Post
The front end looks ok but that rear end looks like a family sedan
You saw the front and rear end??? Where? Let's not take these renders as the bible. The Malibu unveiling proved that they can hide quite a bit under camos and padding.
Old 04-12-2015, 10:12 PM   #41
garfin
Resident Disciple

Drives: 2010 CTS-V 6MN '98 Camaro SS (Sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Holy crap! Every part is new. New architecture, new chassis and new drive train with an all new interior.

Sorry but you are just wrong. In industry terms this IS a generational change. You may want to put down the familial Pony car look and maybe you are just trying to be funny. But this much change is a next Gen car.
...totally in agreement with you here, Number 3.

FWIW, there was even less difference between the 3rd Gen and the 4th Gen. Camaros. Geez - the 4th Gen was even built on the identical platform as the 3rd Gen and it was still accepted as a new generation. Anybody who had a 4th Gen was cursing the same hump on the floor of the front passenger compartment that was present in the 3rd Gen car - because in the 3rd Gen, that's where the catalytic converter was, but the placement changed in the 4th Gen - but the platform (including the hump in the floor) remained the same - even with no converter present there any longer!

Styling? How many of us feel that GM hit a grand slam home run out of the ball park with the 5th Gen styling? I'd go out on a limb and say the vast majority of us! Sure... refine the styling and freshen it up while maybe changing some proportions to keep it in synch with the shorter platform - by all means...
Keep in mind though that the 5th Gen was built on a platform designed initially to underpin a full-size sedan and the 5th Gen, as handsome as it is, is still a relatively large car - especially when viewed beside a 4th Gen. Don't change a proven winner simply for the sake of change. It's above all, a Camaro and it has developed a unique identity. The new car needs to be immediately recognized as a Camaro without losing the styling cues of the 5th Gen.

Performance? GM engineers learned a few tricks along the way that enabled them to produce a car that had no right handling this well, given its size and weight. After having driven an ATS when it came out, I've been waiting anxiously to drive a 6th Gen (and read the reports) to see how the GM engineers have transferred what they've learned from the 5th Gen to the 6th Gen car!

I can't wait to see how a Camaro SS fares in Car & Driver's annual Lightning Lap comparison at VIR - where only "essentially new" versions of a car (not a refesh) are eligible to compete.

I honestly believe that when people see the car and realize its capabilities, the question of whether or not it is a new generation will be clearly answered.

Best regards,

Elie
Old 04-12-2015, 10:20 PM   #42
z28camaro2471
C5 Member #227

Drives: Camaros
I love my 79 Z/28, 95 z/28 and 56 Corvette but I know that the 100% new 6th gen will kick all of their butts. It's a completely new car. It's a 6th gen. Accept it. Advancement is good. Enjoy it while you can.

Are we talking about generations. Listen and enjoy!

z28camaro2471 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
retro second gen camaro