Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-26-2011, 10:58 AM   #29
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2011 SS/RS manual - White
If you follow past historical practices at GM, I'm betting there will be no changes that require re-designing of any major part. (like the dash and the metal structure behind it) Now, the front and rear bumper covers are not a major part. Expect mild redesign of bumper covers, grille and taillights to give the next couple of years a fresh distinguishable look from the first three years. Wheels too
f5journal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:33 PM   #30
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by f5journal View Post
If you follow past historical practices at GM, I'm betting there will be no changes that require re-designing of any major part. (like the dash and the metal structure behind it) Now, the front and rear bumper covers are not a major part. Expect mild redesign of bumper covers, grille and taillights to give the next couple of years a fresh distinguishable look from the first three years. Wheels too
I agree.

My guess... I think they may make the Heritage Grill standard... that would make for an easy change, but still make a pretty big impact.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:41 PM   #31
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1DREAMER View Post
Easily number one on my wish list is keyless entry/pushbutton start. I've had it in my current car for 4 years and I've become pretty spoiled with it, I guess... I just know when I finally get my Camaro I'll be leaving the key in it everywhere I go for a few weeks....

A very close second is an industry standard, easily replaceable, double din stereo with nav. The facade on the current models is really dated... and especially difficult to replace without spending a good bit of cash on an after market kit (and the kits that are available aren't really all that good looking or made well from what I've seen and heard...) Something that does HD radio, Serius/XM, iPod intergration, Bluetooth, etc... should really have a big, full color screen. And while we're at it... make the screen between the speedo and the tac full color as well... At least on the higher end models (the 2 series) where folks wouldn't mind spending a few extra bucks for the tech. :P
I like how you think.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:54 PM   #32
Kahdir

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
Just a Z/28 and ZL-1 vert.
A lighter blue available and different 20" wheels standard on SS & RS.
Doubtful on the horsepower bump for SS, but anything is possible...

Oh, and one piece taillights w/ integrated back-up lights
Kahdir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:27 PM   #33
OPP

Drives: 2018 MBM ZL1 Auto
Steel balls hanging from the back.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:31 PM   #34
camarosc35

Drives: 1989 Camaro RS (435+hp, 435 lb./ft)
I read that there will be a new chassis introduced in 2015; I would like to see a hideaway light option, too.
camarosc35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:42 PM   #35
swagled

Drives: Y2000 Olds Intrigue
I'll agree with the modified tail lights (pretty common tweak that many manufacturers do) and a fresh stripe option being likely. Maybe the grille.

Is hill assist stanndard on 2012? If not, we may see that next year, since it's a minor mechanical thing. The Sonic has it... the Challenger does... seems to be a creeping standard feature today.
swagled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:15 PM   #36
Berean

Drives: Truck
Each car will come with a complementary everlasting gobstopper.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:26 PM   #37
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
I would like to see a chrome finish added for the SS wheels, red rally stripes, a red interior accent package, and a higher gear ratio option. And of course this color.
Attached Images

Old 09-27-2011, 10:31 AM   #38
BlueSteele

Drives: 2010 Camaro
New color choices, remote start, climate controlled seats and strut tower braces standard on all models? I think it would be cool if there were an option to have the FE4 suspension available for the LFX
Old 09-27-2011, 10:40 AM   #39
kiteman

Drives: 2012 45th Camaro, 2SS/M6
okay really guys, if they aren't putting a NAV unit in the ZL1 that is coming out only a few months before the 2013 camaro will go into production, they certainly aren't putting a NAV in a 2013 camaro. do you realize how many ZL1 $60k+ spenders GM would be pissing off by doing that?

if you think about the big theme of changes each year, you basically have 2010-2011 = HUD, and 2011-2012 = FE4/rear view camera for the v8. so 2012-2013 you might see a slight increase in power, push-button start, memory seats, auto windshield wipers, or a combination and something of that nature. NAV and 475hp is a long-shot i do believe.
kiteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:50 AM   #40
Guyute

Drives: Black 6 speed SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1DREAMER View Post
Easily number one on my wish list is keyless entry/pushbutton start. I've had it in my current car for 4 years and I've become pretty spoiled with it, I guess... I just know when I finally get my Camaro I'll be leaving the key in it everywhere I go for a few weeks....

A very close second is an industry standard, easily replaceable, double din stereo with nav. The facade on the current models is really dated... and especially difficult to replace without spending a good bit of cash on an after market kit (and the kits that are available aren't really all that good looking or made well from what I've seen and heard...) Something that does HD radio, Serius/XM, iPod intergration, Bluetooth, etc... should really have a big, full color screen. And while we're at it... make the screen between the speedo and the tac full color as well... At least on the higher end models (the 2 series) where folks wouldn't mind spending a few extra bucks for the tech. :P
This is why I got a 1ss. I ordered custom leather, and I'm doing the Metra kit with a double din nav unit. This way I'll truly have all the cool tech and get rid of that ugly looking radio.

The HUD is not to my liking, just my opinion.

If the 2ss actually had the tech I was looking for I probably would have gotten it.
Guyute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:16 PM   #41
Black8

Drives: 2010 2SS/LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBean View Post
I heard possible hovercraft technology and spinners as part of the stock package.

LMFAO.....we can laugh about it now..
Black8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:30 PM   #42
MrandMrsNinja

Drives: 11' SGM 2SS/13' GT/08' F-150 4x4
all i would think would be the 20" rims, and maybe the grill in 2013. I think we've seen all the major changes we will with this generation. A new engine will probly be put in either on the first or second year of the next gen and that will be the next HP bump. That'd be my guess.