Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 10:32 PM   #43
ackeight

Drives: 10' 2SS/RS
OMG someone is complaining about fonts!?!?! Someone always has to complain about something. How about you enjoy to best car ever made by GM and STFU???? If this is your least favorite thing about the camaro then I guess GM did their job.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:35 PM   #44
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspers2SSRS View Post
I've heard rumors, from a neighbor who spent the night at a Motel Six....that the horsepower of the ZL1's, SS's and the V6's are indentical on next years models.............. and speaking of gauges and the fonts..............Never Fret Friend. The newest fuel gauge markings on the ZL1's............... instead of being ..............Empty, 1/4, 1/2 and Full are highlighted differently on the new ZL1's............ WTF, Nearly Homeless, Better Park Me If You Know Whats Best, Dummy You've Just Spent Your Life Savings ........are'nt you Happy Now!.
LMAO

Old 10-01-2011, 10:39 PM   #45
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obzen View Post
Keep in mind the v6 and the SS have different fonts already so technically one of those models already doesn't match right?
Update...........according to our neighborhood spiritualist, whose had contact with Elvis, claims the V6 gauge fonts are painted on by under aged Chineese labor party members.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:55 PM   #46
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ackeight View Post
OMG someone is complaining about fonts!?!?! Someone always has to complain about something. How about you enjoy to best car ever made by GM and STFU???? If this is your least favorite thing about the camaro then I guess GM did their job.
I recall reading in elementary school a autobiography by a member of a sect of weary pilgrams who escaped tyrany and landed upon the shores of some nearly obscure location.....................all of this whinning & complaining, just because they were being ridiculed ( Well, jailed & beheaded) over their complaints. It seems or at least it was their preception that things were'nt as well as they should have been for these ungrateful wayward souls ( obviously just a mistaken case of complaining over taxation with-out representation)............I can't recall if they ever complained over the prison food or not,,,,,,.I'm sure the authorities (The tyrants doing the JOB) on the subject/s OVER THERE.............believed they were getting all they (The Poor complainers) deserved, and how dare anyone ever believe.......... improvements, expectations, and individualiziam makes the world a better place.

Last edited by Caspers2SSRS; 10-01-2011 at 11:22 PM.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:13 PM   #47
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
I love lamp
Old 10-01-2011, 11:16 PM   #48
ackeight

Drives: 10' 2SS/RS
Quote:
I recall reading in elementary school a autobiography by a member of a sect of weary pilgrams who escaped tirrany and landed upon the shores of some nearly obscure location.....................all of this whinning & complaining, just because they were being ridiculed ( Well, jailed & beheaded) over their complaints. It seems or at least it was their preception that things were'nt as well as they should have been for these ungrateful wayward souls ( obviously just a mistaken case of complaining over taxation with-out representation)............I can't recall if they ever complained over the prison food or not,,,,,,.I'm sure the authorities (The tirrants doing the JOB) on the subject/s OVER THERE.............believed they were getting all they (The Poor complainers) deserved, and how dare anyone ever believe.......... improvements, expectations, and individualiziam makes the world a better place.
I'm too inhebriated to understand this post. Team America F ya!!!
Old 10-01-2011, 11:28 PM   #49
SSJK

Drives: TBD 2012
Quote:
I'd have to agree wholeheartedly with the OP's points ....................whether the warehouse is full of surplus previous model year 4 gauge packs or not, and this is excused /justified for budget purposes. Chevrolet is using unmatched styled accessories on the 12's, period....thats a very valid point of contention. It may very well affect the sales of the model.............Lord knows who financed the last century of goofs at GM.

What if Chevy had over anticipated the number of production model components needed for euro spec cars and decided to use those speedo's with Kilometers inplace of MPH on cars for southern North America............ simply because they needed to use them up as a cost cutting measure? I'd think plenty of consumers who walk blindly in the dark, and take solice in taking jabs at folks like the OP would be howling angerly until the sun arrose............

What if GM has a warehouse full of mismatched tire brands and decided to put a inferior tire on the front of your car, or different brand on the front and rear, or the left or the right side of these cars. How about white walls on the front left and right rear, and black walls on the others....

......as stated, and its my opinion as a consumer, that you can fool some of the people some of the times, but not everyone.............as a comparo, I can recall a time when the slab of beef on a quarter pounder at Mickey D's weighed a quarter of a pound after it was cooked. Now-a-Days we are expected to accept per the nearly invisible writing on the carton, that that definition of a quarter of a pound is the pre cooked weight, as a by product.....the burger has shunk, the bun, the condiments to cover it, the package. Yada Yada Yada.......I know, who cares, if the pre cooked weight of the patty is 40% fat.. That is until theres no meat left on the bun. No wonder school children haven't the slightest idea of what a quarter of anything looks like.................they've all evaporated, so have expectations of what the value of a quarter of consumers hard earned wages should garner them while making purchases.

Yet the prices of consumer goods continues to skyrocket..................so has the cost of automobiles including Camaro's. One reason for the decline, might just be......Consumers are tried of not getting what they're paying for. Personally, I'd like to know that I'm getting a full serving of what I'm paying for..............thats on top of actually having my appetite fulfilled. Why are we agreeing to settle for less as consumers in the market place?

I dont intend to be rude here here but 1) you need to get laid or (2) the car is what it is. 35k for raw power.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:28 PM   #50
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ackeight View Post
I'm too inhebriated to understand this post. Team America F ya!!!
When one weighs their complaints of another, being more substanciated or valued than the simple yet legitiment complaints of another ...............
Old 10-01-2011, 11:43 PM   #51
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
When one weighs their complaints of another, being more substanciated or valued than the simple yet legitiment complaints of another ...............
I like turtles
Old 10-01-2011, 11:46 PM   #52
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJK View Post
I dont intend to be rude here here but 1) you need to get laid or (2) the car is what it is. 35k for raw power.
You've got to be joking friend If 35k or more spent is simply for power.........I'd marry a angry $10 hooker addicted to steriods, own a "free" skunk with a over reactive gland as a pet, keep a .25 clove of garlic pinned to my nose ring............. and put the $34,989.75 in the church offering plate.........the raw power of miracles, endless.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:59 PM   #53
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obzen View Post
I like turtles
No complaints (pun intended) here friend......Bubba Gump Casper like his...........Boiled, Stewed, Fried, Broiled or Baked...............Tasty!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-02-2011, 12:27 AM   #54
LimaCharlie

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS - 2004 Silverado
Why is this even an issue?!
I'll take your 4-gauge pack if you don't want it.

2004 Black Silverado 1500 2WD Regular Cab, Short Bed
-5.3 LM7, 4L60E, 3.42, G80

2014 White Caprice PPV
-6.0 L77, 6L80E, 2.92, G80
Old 10-02-2011, 08:58 AM   #55
swagled

Drives: Y2000 Olds Intrigue
I finally get a chance to use this.

Old 10-02-2011, 02:56 PM   #56
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
,...............wow............

OK -

Fonts on a 2010-2011 SS were one type - Fonts on a 2010-2011 LS/LT were another - and when you purchased a 2SS or a 2LT - the fonts on the 4-pack gauges (which are standard on the 2SS and 2LT were the same regardless of whether it was an SS or an LT.....

We changed the fonts on the 2012 SS. The Fonts on the 2012 V6 remain the same as do the fonts on the 4-pack gauges regardless of whether it's a 2SS or a 2LT.

As an explanation to the 'cost' issue - go look in this section about the fellow who was complaining about the owners manual not having a leather cover........

Honestly?

I talk with thousands of Camaro owners during the year - and I have never once had anyone complain about the fonts on the 4-pack cluster.

Closed Thread