Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-13-2009, 11:42 AM   #1
Frank the Avenger

Drives: 2010 RJT CAMARO
Ordered!

Hey all! I've been coming around here for a while now, and I figured now that I've finally ordered one of my own it made sense to say hello and thanks to all of you guys for all of the awesome information put out here. You guys really helped me make the right choices, which means I will be getting a new Camaro!

At any rate, my story: I've never bought a brand-new car before, I'm 35. My current car is a 98 Cavalier, so I was thinking perhaps it was time to pick up a new one; I went to the Chevy site and was struck by the Camaro (for some reason it didn't really stand out to me in Transformers, dunno why).

I did a bunch of research, found this awesome forum, and last Thursday one of the area dealers I had been in touch with called to let me know they were getting a couple of allocations sometime by the end of this month, and they had one LT at the dealership (I hadn't seen one in person before then). I sat in it and said 'let's nail down one of those allocations right now.'

I of course had already asked if the deposit was refundable (completely) and made sure I was getting it for MSRP, and that I was getting that in writing. Thanks to you guys, I probably wouldn't have thought to get it in writing.

I'm totally excited. She's (will be) a 1LT, RS, RTJ, grey interior, and I already know her name: Dawn. I've had the order in for two days and it feels like two months, I don't know how the pre-order guys can stand it! I'm already thinking about mods, stripes and paint and such; I've never been so in to a car before, they've always been 'just a car' to me. But you guys know, this car is magic.

Additionally, only two of my friends (one friend and my boss) know that I've even been thinking about getting a car. I am totally psyched at the thought of surprising everyone with a brand-new Camaro in a few months. Not even my family knows!

So thanks, you guys, for all the help, discussions, and info on just buying any new car; and I can't wait to show off my baby when she gets here!
Frank the Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 11:47 AM   #2
superstockcam

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS LS3
Welcome! they call me tater salad...
________
FIX PS3

Last edited by superstockcam; 04-19-2011 at 02:52 AM.
superstockcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 11:57 AM   #3
Laserjen

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Congratulations! I've been waiting over a month for mine and the wait doesn't get any easier. This will be my first new car also. Believe me, EVERYONE I know is fully aware I am getting a new Camaro, and they will probably be glad to see me get one so I stop talking about it every day!
Laserjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 11:58 AM   #4
Sharpe62

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Black/Black
the wait begins
Sharpe62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 12:03 PM   #5
ericeast
Mr. Irrelevant

Drives: Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Me too, buddy. Never had a knew car until ordered my 2SS. Still waiting. Been just ovr a month. No, it gets no easier.

Order# NKDN32
ericeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 03:44 PM   #6
super60
Built with Pride "Oshawa"

Drives: 2011 Chev Silverado Z71 Crew
Frank

Congratulations and Thank You . It will be great to help build your new 2010 Camaro. It will be in good hands.

From your Camaro Build Team in Oshawa.

Super60
super60 is offline   Reply With Quote