Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Old 02-21-2010, 05:23 PM   #15
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
If you buy thru Tire Rack, use the banner
Old 02-21-2010, 05:48 PM   #16
TommyTSquared

Drives: RSSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bng804 View Post
Dedicated servers, vBulletin software licenses, and lots of hard work don't come free. An ad or two doesn't hurt anything.
I never said it did, was just curious as I had been away for a few days and unable to get on the site and just noticed it. I know you're not really saying that AT me, but I'm just clearing up my reason for asking the question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
I would tell you all this. Tran owning this site and only having a small ad on it is amazing. I run a site with as much traffic as this site and the server cost is not cheap at all. Since Tran is doing this out of his own pocket I would not mind if he had more ads.

I would not block the ads, that takes away from money he is making to help keep the lights on here.
You're more than welcomed to do whatever you like. This wasn't meant to start a debate on what people are doing with the ads. Tran, as the owner of the site, can do whatever he likes with it. It is his after all .

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndgenz28 View Post
The only reason your wrong there is tirerack is a good place to buy from, and if your going to, why not let Camaro5 get a piece of the action???

Now if they filled the site with useless good adds n stuff id agree with you.

But this round your wrong.

As a board owner myself you will find adds on my sites but all put up for free, long as a place provides a good service or product.

As the ones who usually want to pay, are crap.
I understand that tirerack is good. I haven't used them but there are more than a few people here who have. Should the need arise for their services I'd trust them just out of the number of people here who recommend them.
TommyTSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 05:49 PM   #17
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
If you buy thru Tire Rack, use the banner
Old 02-21-2010, 07:38 PM   #18
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
It's been almost three years since I joined. This is the first ad Tran and MarkLS2 have ever had on the site. That's a statement in itself...

The ad isn't a popup, nor is it overbearing. I'm all for having one at the top and one at thebottom of pages, so long as they're small banners like taht and don't have animation. Also, they have great prices (like 60% off some things)...
Old 02-21-2010, 07:46 PM   #19
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Yep, first ad on this site since the three and a half years that I've been a member. And it very subtle. Way to go Tran!! I'm planning on ordering some tires this week for my HHR SS. Now I'll use the banner and get them from Tire Rack!!!
Old 02-21-2010, 10:05 PM   #20
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thespymaster View Post
It appeared seemingly the same day the thread post at the below link appeared on Camaro5.com

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66582

Which was good for the new sponsor, since that thread was promoted through email and the homepage, it amassed almost 28,000 hits since Friday!

Someones got to pay the bills, hosting websites is not free and hopefully they might open more banner placements for lease?
Camaro5 is estimated to get well over half a million hits per month from tens of thousands of people, every month. One individual thread has no significant impact.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 10:38 PM   #21
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Camaro5 is estimated to get well over half a million hits per month from tens of thousands of people, every month. One individual thread has no significant impact.
Something tells me that the people in The Lounge make up at least half of those hits.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 03:03 AM   #22
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
It's been almost three years since I joined. This is the first ad Tran and MarkLS2 have ever had on the site. That's a statement in itself...

The ad isn't a popup, nor is it overbearing. I'm all for having one at the top and one at thebottom of pages, so long as they're small banners like taht and don't have animation. Also, they have great prices (like 60% off some things)...
You got that right. Also, there will NEVER be ads in the middle of posts and pages. If we do take on more ads, I'm sure Tran will have them strategically placed so that they are easily seen, but do not interfere with our regular surfing of the site (off to one side, etc).
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
Yep, first ad on this site since the three and a half years that I've been a member. And it very subtle. Way to go Tran!! I'm planning on ordering some tires this week for my HHR SS. Now I'll use the banner and get them from Tire Rack!!!
And when it comes time for my tires, guess where I'll be going too!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:31 AM   #23
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
have you never been to the front page of the site? www.camaro5.com?

there's been a google sponsored ad there for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
see response above. we've had advertising, just not a direct ad banner in the open forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
You got that right. Also, there will NEVER be ads in the middle of posts and pages. If we do take on more ads, I'm sure Tran will have them strategically placed so that they are easily seen, but do not interfere with our regular surfing of the site (off to one side, etc).

And when it comes time for my tires, guess where I'll be going too!
on both points
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:20 AM   #24
TommyTSquared

Drives: RSSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Something tells me that the people in The Lounge make up at least half of those hits.
The Lounge is becoming The Misc...
TommyTSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:38 AM   #25
coolman

I think it's a good idea. They need to pay the bills somehow. I doubt that I would ever buy tires from them just because I like to buy that sort of thing local. Never felt right showing up to a tire shop with tires that I bought and ask the tire shop to install them. They make their money on tire sells not labor.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:09 PM   #26
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
I think it's a good idea. They need to pay the bills somehow. I doubt that I would ever buy tires from them just because I like to buy that sort of thing local. Never felt right showing up to a tire shop with tires that I bought and ask the tire shop to install them. They make their money on tire sells not labor.
Then use a tirerack dealer, you order from them, they ship to a local shop and they install.

I buy from the rack, change my own tires [ $35 HF tire changer] then carry then into walmart for a balance and split.
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:13 PM   #27
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndgenz28 View Post
Then use a tirerack dealer, you order from them, they ship to a local shop and they install.

I buy from the rack, change my own tires [ $35 HF tire changer] then carry then into walmart for a balance and split.
I would ,but I live in a small town, and the closest tire rack dealer is over an hour away where as the guy I use now is only 1/4 of a mile away.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:29 AM   #28
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by bng804 View Post
Dedicated servers, vBulletin software licenses, and lots of hard work don't come free. An ad or two doesn't hurt anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
I would tell you all this. Tran owning this site and only having a small ad on it is amazing. I run a site with as much traffic as this site and the server cost is not cheap at all. Since Tran is doing this out of his own pocket I would not mind if he had more ads.

I would not block the ads, that takes away from money he is making to help keep the lights on here.

Quote:
I think this is great. It gives Tran a few more bucks in return for his already substantial investment in our community.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
have you never been to the front page of the site? www.camaro5.com?

there's been a google sponsored ad there for years.

see response above. we've had advertising, just not a direct ad banner in the open forums.
hahaha, so that's why your first question the other day was 'In the open forum?'

I never noticed the Home page ad before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
I would ,but I live in a small town, and the closest tire rack dealer is over an hour away where as the guy I use now is only 1/4 of a mile away.
Have them shipped. May come out cheaper.

But, I'd pay a subsription to be on this site. It's such a small price to pay to have a few subtle banner ads. Rock on Tran. I feel a need to give back, much less have a problem with ads.