Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 02-20-2013, 08:54 PM   #15
flyinglow57

Drives: rumble bee,2SS 6sp
Carlisle or bust tis year. Prob just for sat.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:01 PM   #16
LS1hawk

Drives: 11 SGM 2SS/RS
Before too many more people get after the Camaro Nationals please remember it was originally their event they held in Carlisle and the Carlisle folks liked what they saw and took over. Not saying anyone is right or wrong but there is some history to this ongoing conflict of dates.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:15 PM   #17
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1hawk View Post
Before too many more people get after the Camaro Nationals please remember it was originally their event they held in Carlisle and the Carlisle folks liked what they saw and took over. Not saying anyone is right or wrong but there is some history to this ongoing conflict of dates.
What you mean is that Carlisle turned it into more than it started out to be. All I can say, is that as long as they remain on the same dates, time will show which event is king. I will admit that there are a few things that Carlisle changed in recent years with all of their shows that pissed me off, but I still love to go.

Last edited by motorhead; 02-28-2013 at 05:53 AM. Reason: Was drunk when I first made the post
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:30 PM   #18
Supermaro585HP
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS RS
I will be going to Carlisle this year... Never been and I have been hearing a lot about it..
Supermaro585HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:55 PM   #19
AiRDawG

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Regardless of which show you go to, the Camaro cruise in Frederick was a lot of fun last year, and I'll be in it again this year!
Old 02-20-2013, 10:03 PM   #20
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT VR/RS CGM Rally's
carlisle i have been going for 3 years....im not driving down to maryland to sit in a parking lot with just camaros i would rather see all gm cars and some vendors!
Old 02-20-2013, 10:56 PM   #21
RS/4Life

Drives: 2014 2ss/rs
Went to Frederick last year this year it will be Carlisle!!
RS/4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:45 AM   #22
ZombieEatsYou

Drives: "Bmblbee" 2010 RY 2SS/RS. VIN 12043
Quote:
Originally Posted by tandtperformance View Post
well if you knew the real story it was the camaro nats in carlisle before it was gm nats carlisle built the other stuff around the camaro nats so if you knew that u could say that there doing nothing wrong by keeping it on the same weekend that it has always been since the first year when it was called camaro nats not gm nats they had more camaros entered last year than any other year counting the 11 years they had in carlisle there is no reason bashing any show go to one on friday and the other on sat this is only there 3rd year and its going to get better as we go they had 3 times the vendors last year than the first year in frederick and they will have more this year
Now don't take this the wrong way. You had a valid point to make but making it in a single sentence obscured what it was. Again, I'm not intending to bash you - only translate what I think you meant to say.

"Well, if you knew the real story it was the Camaro nationals in Carlisle before it was [the] GM nationals [in] Carlisle. Carlisle built the other stuff around the Camaro nationals. So, if you knew that, you could say that they’re (Camaro nationals) doing nothing wrong by keeping it on the same weekend that it …[was]…since the first year, when it was called Camaro Nationals. They had more Camaros entered last year than any other year; counting the 11 years they had [it] in Carlisle. There is no reason [in] bashing any show. Go to one on Friday and the other on Saturday. This is only their (Camaro Nationals) 3rd year and it’s going to get better as we go. They had 3 times the vendors last year than the first year…and they will have more this year."
Old 02-21-2013, 07:36 AM   #23
scubadoo7
Airborne Recondo

Drives: Crystal Red 2SS 1LE
Was the last post intended as a grammer correction? What an effort so early in the morning. Wow
Old 02-21-2013, 07:41 AM   #24
SS4Fun
and that it is!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/ SLP ZL575 #70
You have to remember too that 7 of those years the Camaro wasn't even in production. So, of course, the participation has increased with the rebirth of the Camaro. I've witnessed it........ been attending Carlisle since 2006 with my 4th gen. The first year I took "Miss Thing" to Carlisle in 2010 the 5th gen participation was huge and the American Camaro Association was the host.

Last edited by SS4Fun; 02-21-2013 at 08:18 AM.
SS4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:21 AM   #25
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadoo7 View Post
Was the last post intended as a grammer correction? What an effort so early in the morning. Wow
It is important. Remember:

Please use proper spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
It could mean the difference between helping your
uncle, Jack, off a horse; or helping your uncle jack off a horse.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:41 AM   #26
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Drives: 2015 ZL1 6 speed
Send a message via AIM to IDEALG
We're all going to Carlisle

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272494
Old 02-21-2013, 09:46 AM   #27
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
I think I will check out Carlise this year considering I went to Frederick last year and was bored out of my mind.
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:06 AM   #28
SS4Fun
and that it is!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/ SLP ZL575 #70
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28-conv View Post
I am not trying to step on any feet here. I love all chevys I just prefer going to an all Camaro show. Yes it does suck that both events are on the same weekend. With that being said the Camaro Nationals is Thursday-Saturday and I think the GM Nationals is Friday-Sunday? So I may go and check out the GM Nationals on Sunday?
Just putting it out there......... Saturday is the day to be at the GM Nationals (IMO). I'm sure it's probably the same for the Camaro Nationals. Even some of the vendors start packing it up late morning Sunday.