Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-22-2009, 12:23 AM   #29
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
I'd file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau too.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:25 AM   #30
Lovestanda
Large Member

Drives: Yugo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nester7929 View Post
Legally, if you put a deposit down for a predetermined price and have the total cost in writing, they are OBLIGATED to sell it at that price. Sue. You'll win.

I agree, you'll win but, at what price?? Ultimately your overall cost for the car will rise. Ethics is the only answer. Some dealers and sales people have it, some don't.

Gimme my car----please.
Lovestanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:26 AM   #31
McGruff

Drives: 98 Saturn
The longer you wait, the longer they have to sell it. Just go up there first thing and tell them they agreed to MSRP in writing and you'll fight it otherwise. Don't be pushy about it and make them hate you, just make them honor what they originally said.

Quote:
I need a beer and I don't even drink.
But when I do drink... I drink.. Dos Equis.. (No Bud Light with Clamato / Chelada).
Haha. Stay thirsty my friend.
McGruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:26 AM   #32
joerod97
Chevy Man

Drives: 2010 2ss -black/black
please tell us the dealer so we can avoid them and this doesnt happen to someone else. We can also spread the word and hope our voices and phone calls will convince them to stop this sordid practice.
joerod97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:27 AM   #33
Saving41

Drives: IBM 1SS
I agree totally, not GM's fault...Greedy Owner maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
It's not GM's fault. Blame the dealer, not GM. You could have the same experience with a crappy Toyota, Nissan, Volkswagen, etc. dealer.
Saving41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:28 AM   #34
Saving41

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod97 View Post
please tell us the dealer so we can avoid them and this doesnt happen to someone else. We can also spread the word and hope our voices and phone calls will convince them to stop this sordid practice.
I am going to give them until tomorrow to do what's right if not, there will be no one that will not know who the dealership is or what they did to me!
Old 05-22-2009, 12:30 AM   #35
Saving41

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGruff View Post
The longer you wait, the longer they have to sell it. Just go up there first thing and tell them they agreed to MSRP in writing and you'll fight it otherwise. Don't be pushy about it and make them hate you, just make them honor what they originally said.

Haha. Stay thirsty my friend.
This was done tonight and I will give them till Friday AM to sell me the car at the Agreed upon price!
Old 05-22-2009, 12:33 AM   #36
Saving41

Thanks for all the great suggestions and support. I am going to go out and have a few stiff drinks!
Old 05-22-2009, 12:38 AM   #37
mikenmar

Drives: Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovestanda View Post
I agree, you'll win but, at what price??
Well, it costs a $50 fee to file a suit for $5,000 in California small claims court. ($75 if you want to sue for anything over $5,000 and up to $7,500 -- which I would, given that some dealers are asking $10k over MSRP).

No need to hire a lawyer (in fact you can't have one in small claims court). This is a textbook case of breach of contract, and the judge will see it.
mikenmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:38 AM   #38
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
AHHHHHHHHHHHH GET EM...
JewelZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:47 AM   #39
Lovestanda
Large Member

Drives: Yugo SS
Really tired of this crap. The economy sucks. Obama is spending TENS OF BILLONS, and I can't get my SS. All I know is I go to work everyday---pay huge takes and can't get the car I WANT. WTF
Lovestanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:49 AM   #40
McGruff

Drives: 98 Saturn
Quote:
Obama is spending TENS OF BILLONS
The President just makes suggestions, there's very little he actually does himself due to checks and balances.
McGruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:50 AM   #41
Tal

Drives: Old
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovestanda View Post
I agree, you'll win but, at what price?? Ultimately your overall cost for the car will rise. Ethics is the only answer. Some dealers and sales people have it, some don't.

Gimme my car----please.
With a purchase agreement for MSRP in writing, along with a deposit and order number you should be able to recover the legal fees in the lawsuit. I say get your lawyer to go with you to pick it up and explain that they need to sell you the car at MSRP with a $1500 discount for your legal fees. The real trick is finding the right lawyer, but when dealing with a crook like this it's the best option, though it's more a case of the other options being even worse IMO.
Tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:50 AM   #42
mikenmar

Drives: Camaro 1LT
Here are the forms needed to file a complaint in small claims court:

http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/selfhelp...orms.htm#start

You can even drop a subpoena on 'em! Subpoena the salesman who made the deal, and ask for all documents relating to the recent sale of all non-pre-ordered 2010 Camaros sold by the dealership. That will help you establish the current market value of the car. So if they recently sold the same car for $5k over MSRP, you win $5k in a breach of contract claim. (But make your claim for $7,500 to start.) With a written, signed sale agreement and a deposit, this is a piece of cake.

Also, file a claim of fraud, and file complaints with the Federal Trade Commission, Better Business Bureau, the Ca. Dept. of Consumer Affairs, the state's Attorney General's office, and the local district attorney.

And of course, post details of their shenanigans on every car Forum you can find.

Last edited by mikenmar; 05-22-2009 at 01:02 AM.
mikenmar is offline   Reply With Quote