Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 05-04-2010, 10:51 PM   #1
DGordon

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Exclamation !!!!! SCRATCHED DASHBOARD HELP !!!!!

Okay, so I got my Camaro back in last August, loved it. However, maybe after a week, I noticed that there was scratches on the plastic on the dashboard (the left one that covers the analogue speed gauge). At the time I didn't really care about it because I didn't want to have to deal with bringing it to the dealer and potentially being separated from it for a few days. So now, several months later, these scratches are driving me crazy. I mean, someone had to intentionally done this because there is no way that this could be an accident. It is like as if someone took the keys and scraped them against the plastic. I know for a fact that I didn't do this, and I am fairly sure that the incident happened at the dealer. So now to what I really want to say: DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS OR HAVE IT FIXED?!?! This thing is driving me CRAZY so please get back ASAP!!!!
DGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 04:00 PM   #2
IROCTPI

Drives: 1987 IROC-Z 305 TPI 700R4
bump

Me -14! year old guy -- My Girl -1987 IROC-Z 305TPI 700R4 modded
IROCTPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 04:05 PM   #3
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGordon View Post
Okay, so I got my Camaro back in last August, loved it. However, maybe after a week, I noticed that there was scratches on the plastic on the dashboard (the left one that covers the analogue speed gauge). At the time I didn't really care about it because I didn't want to have to deal with bringing it to the dealer and potentially being separated from it for a few days. So now, several months later, these scratches are driving me crazy. I mean, someone had to intentionally done this because there is no way that this could be an accident. It is like as if someone took the keys and scraped them against the plastic. I know for a fact that I didn't do this, and I am fairly sure that the incident happened at the dealer. So now to what I really want to say: DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS OR HAVE IT FIXED?!?! This thing is driving me CRAZY so please get back ASAP!!!!

that's too bad you didn't take it back to the dealer right away when you still had a chance they would agree to fix it under warranty regardless you had it for a week and they could claim you did the damage yourself. Several months later, it is now bothering you to hell and want it fixed out of your own pocket. I recommend talking to a pro detail place as they might know how to remove scratches from plastic or glass...if the scratches are not so deep that is. Good luck.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 05:26 PM   #4
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Do you have pictures of the scratches so we can get you some advice on how to proceed?
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash