Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 06:25 AM   #127
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
I think he did not make the first 100 buyers to get the discount and is pissed off and now attacking folks.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:32 AM   #128
guapo
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2017 50th Camaro LT2/RS
So what are these setting yall are talking about...
Old 09-30-2014, 07:25 AM   #129
CamaroLS

Drives: 2014 Blue Ray Met. Camaro 1SS Vert
Who invited DARKASS anyway and can we kick him off this page so he can troll (I bet he has the long fuzzy green hair to you can get to stand up when you shake his head) his own? What he wants to know is how it works so he can build one to make his own and sell. All your customers and future customers are happy and are going to be happy with this product!! I played with the settings on the way home this morning. I got to my street and held the pedal down at 10mph on SP0 with nobody behind me and each time I moved up a setting without changing the pressure on the pedal the car would speed up each time with each setting. All I have to say is no matter how it works it works and I am extremely HAPPY!!!!!!! Thank you
Old 09-30-2014, 07:36 AM   #130
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guapo View Post
So what are these setting yall are talking about...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...372526&page=38

post # 949
Old 09-30-2014, 08:06 AM   #131
Mikk2K

Drives: '10 Camaro LTRS, '12 Pro4x Frontier
I don't think DarkneSS is a troll, I think he is just concerned based off of past experience. I remember when the sprint booster hit the camaro 5 scene like 4 years ago and there were a lot of rave reviews for it as well. It even won best product at SEMA that year.
All it was though was a voltage multiplier, it would take the voltage signal from the throttle and multiply it to trick the ECM to think the peddle was pressed further down.

In the vendor thread last week or two weeks ago I post a link to a white paper about the sprint booster, but that post got deleted.

I have Vitessee Motorsports product and I wanted to give it a try to see if there was any truth to "special sauce" difference. I posted a review on the other thread - http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=822

After about a week with the product I'm still pleased with it, I'm just not sure if my driving habits will change and I will notice that power lag again.
Old 09-30-2014, 08:25 AM   #132
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikk2K View Post
I don't think DarkneSS is a troll, I think he is just concerned based off of past experience. I remember when the sprint booster hit the camaro 5 scene like 4 years ago and there were a lot of rave reviews for it as well. It even won best product at SEMA that year.
All it was though was a voltage multiplier, it would take the voltage signal from the throttle and multiply it to trick the ECM to think the peddle was pressed further down.

In the vendor thread last week or two weeks ago I post a link to a white paper about the sprint booster, but that post got deleted.

I have Vitessee Motorsports product and I wanted to give it a try to see if there was any truth to "special sauce" difference. I posted a review on the other thread - http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=822

After about a week with the product I'm still pleased with it, I'm just not sure if my driving habits will change and I will notice that power lag again.
This product does the same , the controller allows you to adjust the signal manually. It's just sending more throttle input to the ECM .
Old 09-30-2014, 08:27 AM   #133
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroLS View Post
Who invited DARKASS anyway and can we kick him off this page so he can troll (I bet he has the long fuzzy green hair to you can get to stand up when you shake his head) his own? What he wants to know is how it works so he can build one to make his own and sell. All your customers and future customers are happy and are going to be happy with this product!! I played with the settings on the way home this morning. I got to my street and held the pedal down at 10mph on SP0 with nobody behind me and each time I moved up a setting without changing the pressure on the pedal the car would speed up each time with each setting. All I have to say is no matter how it works it works and I am extremely HAPPY!!!!!!! Thank you
Lol think about what you just described. You've just transferred the act of pushing the gas pedal down farther to moving up the setting on the controller. If anything that is a perfect example of what I'm talking about.
Old 09-30-2014, 08:50 AM   #134
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
All you need to do is push the white (it's really gray) piece up. You can do this by using your index finger and thumb, grab the sides of it and lift upward. It doesn't need to come off. Once you do that, just press inward where the white/gray clip was. In the picture, it's the black part that looks like a "U". You can basically just press inward on the white/gray clip. While you do this, lift upward to disconnect.
As suggested I tried just squeezing the sides of the white/gray clip to move its hook/clip up a little in the black 'U' but it didn't budge. For others that did the install did you first have to press in the hook/clip thru the black 'U' before you were able slide the white/gray clip up ?
Old 09-30-2014, 09:03 AM   #135
lownslowss
PaPa Smurf

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
Get a small flathead. Push up on the gray "clip". It's not a clip that has to be pushed in then up. It's there to prevent the black portion of the actual push in clip from accidentally getting pressed and the plug coming out. Firm pressure up even just on the corner of it and it will slide. Then press the black portion in the middle closest to you in the center under the gray tab and wiggle just a little while pulling up. The connection should slide apart relatively easily.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:14 AM   #136
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRay View Post
Finally received mine at noon, so as soon as I got home I started to install it.
It took me 30 minutes(trying to figure out to pull the plug after i took off the Gray clip...So I looked at controller and realized that tab in the middle had to insert screwdriver and then I pulled...) Then the rest was easy. So I just took it around the block and you really do notice the difference at 9
I did try it at 0 and then 5 but 9 is . Later I'll take it on the highway and really try it out. So with that said I can really say it does work
Just have to get use to it without my tires all the time & I might go back to the track on Tuesday to see if I see I can get better times(60') than last week.
Update:
Took it to work today and Yes it does work as mentioned At SP9 you need to rest your head on the headrest because if you don`t....your head snaps back because you don`t expect it to
I even let my wife drive it and she couldn`t stop ing...so if she noticed the difference, it does work.Hopefully to the track tonight for testing
Member of 'Club Elite' #70
2LT/RS Auto / Solo HFC / Solo Mach X-LLT J-Pipe / JBA Headers Shorty
CAI - Cold Air Inductions / VMAX TB / Trifecta Tune
Hotchkis Max Strut Brace / Blade Dovetail Spoiler / Elite Catch Can
ACS T3 Hood Ports / T2 Bumper Ports / T2 Splitter / ACS T1 Led Light Kit
ACS Rockers / ACS Composite Hood Liner / ACS Upper Rear Quarter Ports
ACS Front Wheel Mud Flaps / ACS Rear Wheel Mud Flaps / Vitesse Throttle Controller
Pedders Drop Suspension / BMR Lower Control Arms / Style 41 ZL1 Wheels /
Oracle Afterburners / Oracle Concept SMD Side markers
Complete SS Brembo Brakes Set
Old 09-30-2014, 09:44 AM   #137
Desertion

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS Transformer Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
This product does the same , the controller allows you to adjust the signal manually. It's just sending more throttle input to the ECM .
If it did the same, then in theory if you were to press the gas pedal 15% on the first setting then change to the highest setting, the ECM would think you're pressing it ~45%? On the controller it shows how far you're pressing the pedal down by %. So buy one, test it, then give a review. There's a money back guarantee so I don't see why not try it but if you don't want to buy one then go start your own thread and complain if you have nothing else better to do.
Old 09-30-2014, 10:11 AM   #138
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertion View Post
...but if you don't want to buy one then go start your own thread and complain if you have nothing else better to do.
He's not here to complain, he's here to save us from ourselves and our poor, uneducated purchasing decisions.

If only he had gotten here sooner! Think of the difference in people's lives that could have been made!

Oh, the humanity!
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
Old 09-30-2014, 10:16 AM   #139
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertion View Post
If it did the same, then in theory if you were to press the gas pedal 15% on the first setting then change to the highest setting, the ECM would think you're pressing it ~45%? On the controller it shows how far you're pressing the pedal down by %. So buy one, test it, then give a review. There's a money back guarantee so I don't see why not try it but if you don't want to buy one then go start your own thread and complain if you have nothing else better to do.
I made a casual comment about the product calling it a scam because this is a CAR FORUM and thats what you do, comment on stuff of interest to you.

One poster then called me a troll and then the VENDOR said I don't know what I'm talking about so I've exercised a reasonable right to defend and counter what was said.

The vendor could have just ignored me but chose to respond and HAS NOT REFUTED ANYTHING IVE SAID.

So telling me I have nothing else to do or to be quiet is just as illogical and nonsensical as me saying the same to you or someone else.
Old 09-30-2014, 10:23 AM   #140
Desertion

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS Transformer Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
I made a casual comment about the product calling it a scam because this is a CAR FORUM and thats what you do, comment on stuff of interest to you.

One poster then called me a troll and then the VENDOR said I don't know what I'm talking about so I've exercised a reasonable right to defend and counter what was said.

The vendor could have just ignored me but chose to respond and HAS NOT REFUTED ANYTHING IVE SAID.

So telling me I have nothing else to do or to be quiet is just as illogical and nonsensical as me saying the same to you or someone else.
I didn't say to be quiet, It's your right to free speech, I said do it in another thread in the logical way that the forums are intended to be used if you want to get technical.

Closed Thread