Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-15-2009, 10:24 PM   #1
aloppen
Camaro Chief

Drives: 1968 Camaro Convertible
On Behalf of the Men and Women Who Bring You the 2010 5th Generation Camaro

My name is Al Oppenheiser, the Vehicle Chief Engineer for the 5th Generation 2010 Chevrolet Camaro. It is with great pleasure that we, the passionate and tireless General Motors employees, bring to the world the highly anticipated Chevrolet Camaro tomorrow morning at 6am Eastern Standard Time, as Start of Regular Production begins. I am merely one voice, representing all of the Design, Engineering, Manufacturing, Marketing, and all functions in-between, but we all share the same passion for the Camaro and it's history as all of you share. Every person on the Camaro team has worked many long days and nights (literally) over the last few years to make sure that the Camaro you are about to see (and purchase ) is the best one ever, and truly a world-class quality 21st Century Sports Car. Please know that there are some of the best and talented people located in Australia at our Holden Engineering Center, as well as here in North America, who have put their hearts and souls, blood and sweat into the car. We have been lucky enough to spend significant amounts of time with the car, to ensure we get it right for you. Now, as you become the ultimate judge and juror, it is our extreme hope that you find the car equally as impressive as we do. You are going to hear some even more exciting news about the car tomorrow morning from our Senior Leadership. This is just some icing on an awesome cake for you. So, in closing, I guess there is just one thing to say....................CAMARO IS BACK! ENJOY
aloppen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:26 PM   #2
sykb47l

Drives: 73' VW Bug
Cant wait!!!!
sykb47l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:26 PM   #3
BruceF

Drives: 99 Corvette
Woo hoo!!! You guys are building a great car!!!
BruceF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:27 PM   #4
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed #1879
I can't wait for the new news..........Z28 maybe??????
Rallysport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:28 PM   #5
fad1

Drives: Future 5th gen Camaro
Mr. Oppenheiser, it certainly is a pleasure to have you on this forum. I want to thank you and the Team Camaro for bringing back the American Icon. I certainly hope this car brings tremendous success to GM and I know we wont be disappointed. Again sir, Thank you for bringing back the Camaro.
fad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:30 PM   #6
80Zedder
Cheif Pounderhard

Drives: 80camaro/Avalanche/srt8charger
I would like a second shift added please, get more of us back to work!
80Zedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:31 PM   #7
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Thanks!!! Great to have you on here! I'd love to see you stick around and provide more insight into all that's transpired.

Only one question, what took you so long?
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:31 PM   #8
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Thank you Al. We're glad to have you here and helping bring our beloved Camaro back to us.
We hope you can stick around and share more info with us.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:31 PM   #9
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by fad1 View Post
Mr. Oppenheiser, it certainly is a pleasure to have you on this forum. I want to thank you and the Team Camaro for bringing back the American Icon. I certainly hope this car brings tremendous success to GM and I know we wont be disappointed. Again sir, Thank you for bringing back the Camaro.

Mr. Oppenheiser welcome and enjoy your stay here
Old 03-15-2009, 10:32 PM   #10
cyberbro

Drives: Not a Camaro at this time
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloppen View Post
My name is Al Oppenheiser, the Vehicle Chief Engineer for the 5th Generation 2010 Chevrolet Camaro. It is with great pleasure that we, the passionate and tireless General Motors employees, bring to the world the highly anticipated Chevrolet Camaro tomorrow morning at 6am Eastern Standard Time, as Start of Regular Production begins. I am merely one voice, representing all of the Design, Engineering, Manufacturing, Marketing, and all functions in-between, but we all share the same passion for the Camaro and it's history as all of you share. Every person on the Camaro team has worked many long days and nights (literally) over the last few years to make sure that the Camaro you are about to see (and purchase ) is the best one ever, and truly a world-class quality 21st Century Sports Car. Please know that there are some of the best and talented people located in Australia at our Holden Engineering Center, as well as here in North America, who have put their hearts and souls, blood and sweat into the car. We have been lucky enough to spend significant amounts of time with the car, to ensure we get it right for you. Now, as you become the ultimate judge and juror, it is our extreme hope that you find the car equally as impressive as we do. You are going to hear some even more exciting news about the car tomorrow morning from our Senior Leadership. This is just some icing on an awesome cake for you. So, in closing, I guess there is just one thing to say....................CAMARO IS BACK! ENJOY
Thanks Al, I have been reading a lot about you as well as the Camaro. You are going to have a big winner on your hands and stay tuned here because this is real time market reserch on what works or could work better.:flag2:
2000 9/22/15 (Order changed)

2016 2SS With Auto, NPP, MRC, Nav, Split 5 Spoke Bright Aluminum.
cyberbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:37 PM   #11
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Nice to have you on the site, Mr. Oppenheiser. Thanks for building us a great car!
Old 03-15-2009, 10:38 PM   #12
MRSBMCS

Drives: 06 H3, 07 Chev truck, 10 2SSRS
Thank you! Mr. Settlemire speaks highly of you! You're all great in my book! Thanks for making so many dreams come true!
MRSBMCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:38 PM   #13
MerlinZero
Big Orange

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
AHHHHHHH its Al... what up man

YAY i'm so excited.
" First, there was darkness, Then, On March 16th, Scott said LET THERE BE CAMARO, and there was Camaro, and Scott saw that it was good. Camaro5 3:16"

VIN: 2G1FT1EWXA9120523
ETA 7/6/09 (Delivered 7/10/09)
MerlinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:40 PM   #14
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Mr. Oppenheiser, you and the Camaro teams both here and abroad are gods amongst men and women. You deserve the most props a single car design team could ever garner for bringing back a car that, since the mid 70s has meant very much to my family.

One can only hope that this car not only smacks it out of the park, but out of the solar system. Thank you so very much, Mr. Oppenheiser, Mr. Settlemire, and all the men and women of the Camaro design and development team.

March 16, shall hence be known within my household as Camaro Day. And be celebrated with many odd stares as such.

VIVE LA CAMARO!
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote