Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-30-2015, 10:42 AM   #1
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Shia LaBeauf seems to have moved on from Transformers

OK, was never a huge fan of his...especially in the Transformers.

Well, he put out this video recently, and it happened to be on a green screen.

1 day later, and this already has come out.

I'm sure there's more to come. This could be interesting.
Old 05-30-2015, 10:49 AM   #2
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
He's been doing some hilarious things lately. I'm 99% certain he did that with a green screen for a reason.

This is one of the most catchy things ever:

Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 10:55 AM   #3
Mutant Racer

Drives: 2015 2LT Torch Red C7 Stingray
I call him Shitty the Beef.
Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 01:36 PM   #4
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Old 05-30-2015, 07:51 PM   #5
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Old 05-30-2015, 08:20 PM   #6
Aequitas & Veritas

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS, 2009 GTR
Old 05-30-2015, 10:47 PM   #7
Silverlsinva

Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
Wow intense Motivational speech Props to him. Also thanks for that song now stuck in my head at least it is a awesome song. I bet ten years from now Shia Labof will be a great actor. As most actors seem to get better with age.
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 07:06 AM   #8
seven

Drives: 2015 Camaro RS 2LT AGM
I have always found him too cocky and weird for my taste
2015 RS Camaro 2LT with Sunroof, Performance Exhaust, Ground Effects, Tinted Windows, LED Fog Lights(DD), CAI Cold Air Intake, Ghosted Side Markers(Showstopper), Elite Catch Can, Xpel & SunTek PPF, Replica Z28 High Wing Spoiler, ZL1 Replica Wheels(Satin Black Factory Reproductions)
seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 02:17 PM   #9
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Old 05-31-2015, 05:09 PM   #10
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Old 06-02-2015, 08:03 AM   #11
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Apparently, there is a backstory to this (keep scrolling down... not sure how well this cut- and- pasted):

The Real Story Behind Shia LaBeouf's Hilarious “Motivational” Rant

David Pogue‎June‎ ‎01‎, ‎2015

"There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who’ve already seen the hilarious clip of actor Shia LaBeouf screaming “Just DO IT!!!” furiously at the camera for two minutes, and those who will.
The first time you see it, you can’t help having some reaction. The guy is just losing it. He’s like a Nike commercial delivered by Charles Manson. He’s Tony Robbins on a bad trip.
“Just DO IT!” he screams. “Don’t let your dreams be dreams. Yesterday, you said tomorrow. So just do it!!… What are you waiting for?! DO IT! JUST DO IT! YES YOU CAN! JUST DO IT! If you’re tired of starting over, STOP GIVING UP!”
Throughout this rant, he’s contorting himself. He doubles over. He plucks some invisible birdseed out of one palm. He keeps enclosing the space around his crotch. Overall, he behaves as though his distress at about your inactivity is being compounded by severe intestinal distress.
Here it is:

The performance is so ridiculously over the top that, if you’re like most people, you can’t help laughing at it. What a nutcase, right?

The greenscreen factor

But it gets better—much better. Shia was filmed in front of a green screen, and you know what that means. Using video-editing software, you can replace that green background with any video or photo you choose. It took the Internet only a few hours to start dropping Shia into a variety of increasingly hilarious backgrounds.
One person quickly turned the rant into the most unforgettable motivational TED talk ever:

Another talented editor custom-filmed a scene on his apartment balcony, apparently with his phone—and then edited Shia into the footage. It’s funny and has a bad word in it:

In this sequence, Shia also makes a fairly convincing “Star Wars” hologram, acting as a sort of motivational coach for an uncertain Luke Skywalker:

And here’s Shia providing raging retorts to the passive-aggressive “2001” spaceship computer, HAL. It’s amazing how well his dialogue fits with the movie’s:

There are actually dozens of Shia-rant videos, all created in a single day. You can find all of them here, on Reddit.

The backstory

When you first encounter the Shia-meme, your first instinct is probably to laugh yourself silly—at him. Shia LaBeouf has had so many nutty brushes with fame, art, and the law, his goofy overacting here is certainly worth mocking. Right?
As it turns out, he’s not as clueless as he seems. He’s actually performing. He was scripted and directed in this clip.
He was participating in a video-art project called #Introductions for Central Saint Martins, a London arts college.
Each student in the class was directed to write a short script for Shia LaBeouf to perform on camera, in front of a greenscreen. According to The Guardian, here was the assignment:
“Submit a piece of text lasting up to 30 seconds or no more than 100 words. This can be as poetic, abstract or literal as you like—with the emphasis on expressing the feeling and tone of the work being introduced.”
Shia wound up performing 36 of these in a single day, in a Los Angeles greenscreen studio. The various segments involved wearing a motorcycle helmet, using a British accent, or standing on his head.
It’s the latest piece of performance art Shia has done with British artist Luke Turner and Finnish artist Nastja Säde Rönkkö. You may have heard of a previous collaboration from these three—when Shia showed up at a movie premiere with a paper bag over his head, bearing the phrase “I am not famous anymore” written in black marker.
In any case, the resulting 30-minute string of performances is very peculiar, but strangely compelling. You can watch it here.
The students processed the video in various ways, resulting in a really-not-that-interesting finished product, which was screened at the arts school’s Bachelor of Arts graduation ceremony.
In other words, this hilarious Shia rant video is actually just a two-minute excerpt from one of these art students’ projects.
It would have been much juicer and funnier and more satisfying, of course, if we could mock Shia LaBeouf for being insane and unaware. But in fact, he intended to make a performance piece. It was shot in front of a green screen on purpose—and, in fact, released with a Creative Commons license, meaning, “anyone in the world is welcome to work with this video for free.”
It seems, in fact, that Shia LaBeouf and his collaborators knew very well what they were doing. The video art, in this case, wasn’t just what Shia performed, or what the Central Saint Martins students created from it—in the end, the performance art also included a whole Internet full of inspired, witty, andimpressively quickly made videos.
Well done, all. You’ve earned your degree!"
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 09:15 AM   #12
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
Your killing it Steve D...
Old 06-06-2015, 02:49 AM   #13
Black2SS_LS3

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS