Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-03-2016, 03:29 PM   #15
stars_fan
Nerd

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipNWis View Post
Two weeks and I can't even find settings. To much stuff in the mylink for this old man. I just gave up and just drive it.
Settings then vehicle then driving mode. Sometimes driving mode disappears and it's a known problem with GM.
Old 04-03-2016, 03:41 PM   #16
BahamaTodd

Drives: 08 Accord V6/M6 / 04 Canyon Z71
Quote:
Two weeks and I can't even find settings. To much stuff in the mylink for this old man. I just gave up and just drive it.
BahamaTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 04:49 PM   #17
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
^ Great vid! Thank you Bahama!

Gotta keep in mind that the vehicle will ALWAYS start in TRACK MODE initially, then switch to your selected mode after a few seconds.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 05:14 PM   #18
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
^ Great vid! Thank you Bahama!

Gotta keep in mind that the vehicle will ALWAYS start in TRACK MODE initially, then switch to your selected mode after a few seconds.
What's the point of "stealth mode" if it gives the game away when you start it. Not very good for drive-bys.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 05:56 PM   #19
My87z28

Drives: 1987 Z28, 385cid, '16 Camaro 1SS
Man, it pays to live in the country. I do live in a very small neighborhood but I've got 2 acres and I have a 50yrd tree break between me and my next neighbor. I have a 2500HD truck with 3" duals, no resonators, and Flowmaster 10 mufflers. It decently loud. I leave for work at 5:30am, and I always warm the truck up first. Ive asked them if it wakes them up and they say that it doesn't.

'16 1SS 6M, black with jet black interior, split spoke gray machined faced wheels, and black front/rear bowtie emblems.
My87z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 06:20 PM   #20
Bitchin' Camaro

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Mosaic Black/Black
No matter the setting, the car always starts with the valves open (bark). And you can't adjust the setting prior to start up anyway. Stealth mode (which is actually the Snow/Ice mode where the valves always stay closed) cannot be set as a default on start up, only Tour or Sport. The difference between these is only at what rpm/throttle % the valves open. Track mode keeps the valves open all the time (but has to be manually selected after start up). So for example, on start up in Tour, the valves are open, then close after about 3-4 seconds. Same in Sport. It won't start in neither Snow/Ice nor Track. If shut off in one of those, it will restart in Tour.
12/14/15 Dealer processed order
TPW 1/25/16
1/21/16 Built and Bayed
1/28/16 At the dealer
1/29/16 Took delivery w/ 3 miles on it
Bitchin' Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 06:22 PM   #21
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitchin' Camaro View Post
No matter the setting, the car always starts with the valves open (bark). And you can't adjust the setting prior to start up anyway. Stealth mode (which is actually the Snow/Ice mode where the valves always stay closed) cannot be set as a default on start up, only Tour or Sport. The difference between these is only at what rpm/throttle % the valves open. Track mode keeps the valves open all the time (but has to be manually selected after start up). So for example, on start up in Tour, the valves are open, then close after about 3-4 seconds. Same in Sport. It won't start in neither Snow/Ice nor Track. If shut off in one of those, it will restart in Tour.
Thank god......sanity.....sticky this
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 06:39 PM   #22
bybcous

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS
On my car i can change the modes before starting the car by pressing the button and it changes on the screen in front of me while nothing else in the cars activates. I cannot select track mode though. This is without even turning the car to the on position.
Best so far 11.5 at 123 with a 1.83 60ft. BMR lower and upper trailing arms and upper control arms,E85
DELIVERED 12/29/15
http://youtube.com/bybcous " no talking only racing on my youtube"
bybcous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 07:33 PM   #23
Software Guy

Drives: 2017 2SS, 2000 Trans Am Firehawk
My neighbors here me leave now in my 5th gen. It's especially fun when I leave at 0630 on a Saturday to go shooting. The guy across the street bought a Harley, he said it was so I wouldn't the loudest .
Old 06-09-2016, 09:17 AM   #24
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by BahamaTodd View Post
Thanks so much for posting this!
Old 06-09-2016, 09:37 AM   #25
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
The entire Drive Mode menu selection will occasionally disappear. It's been happening to people since day 1 on every variant of the SS. I've contact GM support about this but there's no fix..."contact your dealer" they say. There's threads on this in the issues section and photos of the Drive Mode missing from the screen. Restart the car after 10 or so minutes and it comes back. If you have your Engine Sound Management setting (under Drive Mode) mapped to Auto, you can still change it when Drive Mode disappears by using the physical button on the center console.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 09:44 AM   #26
Sev

Drives: 2016 2SS / 2004 Tacoma
Saabklye04 on youtube did a video of all modes during cold starts. Even in Stealth Mode, it still barks pretty loud at startup. At idle its pretty quiet.

"I'm going to drink you pretty, beautiful toad"
Sev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 10:49 AM   #27
Co2SS

Drives: 2022 Satin Steel ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitchin' Camaro View Post
Good explanation but not quite accurate. Yes you are correct that the car's "drive mode" will default on start-up to "tour mode" if you turned the car off in "track" or "snow/ice" mode. But you absolutely CAN change the NPP valves when the car is OFF. I have a 6M and If you hold the start button for 5 seconds WITHOUT pushing in the clutch you can hear the fuel system pressurize and "MYlink" will come on. At this time you can change the NPP valves to any setting between Stealth and Track before you start the car, under the "engine sound management" function. I do it all the time as I often leave my garage at midnight or later. In "Stealth" mode the car does NOT give off the bark when it starts. Not even a little. In "tour" "sport" and "track" it does. Then as you said after a few seconds in "tour" it quiets down. Not so much in sport or track modes. So long story short, if you put the "ESM" on stealth it will always start and be quiet. You just can't drive with the "ESM" on stealth if the vehicle is in "track" mode, per the owners manual.
Co2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 05:34 PM   #28
nbryant

Drives: 2016 2SS Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrec10 View Post
Have one of your kids or Grandkids show you!
Damn!

....and I'm ancient myself!

Tags
dual mode exhaust, exhaust, npp