Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2010 Camaro5 Fest (I)

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 09:46 PM   #1
johndawg
I'd rather be shooting...

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black/Black
Send a message via AIM to johndawg
Camaro5 Fest - Official Book and Images

BOOK IS NOW COMPLETED AND READY FOR ORDER!

SEE: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82493

Attention fellow Camaro5 members…

I am pleased to announce to the Camaro5 forum that ‘The Shutter Group’ is the official photography organization for the 2010 Camaro5 Fest.

I along with hundreds and hundreds of others are headed to Valdosta, GA the weekend of April 16-18. We at ‘The Shutter Group’ look forward to meeting and shooting as many of you as possible.

I am really excited about the energy, enthusiasm and passion the board members show for their cars. We hope to capture that passion by shooting the weekend’s schedule of events and posting the images online and creating a hardcover coffee table book!

We have some really cool ideas for the book and I am excited to share these with you.

THE BOOK:

First, we plan to showcase the coolest cars on the forum… as the forum members see it.
Meaning… we are looking for you the members to tell us whom you want to see showcased in the book. Who has the best mods? Whose car is bad A$$?!
It’s all up to you! Tell us… let us know who has your favorite car. We are looking to take our time and shoot at least 10 individuals with their cars. These will be some really cool images that they will have for a lifetime.

Next… and probably the coolest thing. We are going to let you, the forum members, vote on whose car should grace the cover of this year’s book! The voting will start a few days after we get back from the event and the moderators have had a chance to narrow down the pictures… Then it’s going to up to YOU!

We anticipate book will be between 100 and 150 pages full of bright and exciting photos from all the daily events.

ONLINE IMAGES:
Images from the event will be available for viewing online at www.theshuttergroup.com after the event. The images will be available for purchase as well. We’ll have a wide variety of picture sizes ranging from a 4x6 to a 30x40 Canvas prints. We are also looking to have cool things like coffee cups, t-shirts and other things like mouse pads to have your images printed on.

The excitement for the festival is building and we are truly pumped up to capture the weekend for all of you. It’s going to be a great time!

Talk to you all soon ☺

John Adams (johndawg)

The Official Photographer of the 2010, 2011 & 2012 Camaro5 Fests!!! www.theshuttergroup.com

Last edited by johndawg; 02-09-2010 at 09:24 AM.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:07 PM   #2
johndawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
This is awesome. It was nice meeting with you at the Meet & Greet. You have been nothing but professional and pleasurable to work with. I look forward to all that you have planned . Oh yeah you have rooftop access at the hotel, I spoke with them today.
Thanks! That's great news about the rooftop access. That's going to make for some great pictures!

The Official Photographer of the 2010, 2011 & 2012 Camaro5 Fests!!! www.theshuttergroup.com
Old 02-08-2010, 10:15 PM   #3
johndawg

Quote:
Cherry Picker at the track also?
Yes... I'm going to go down there in a few weeks to scout the drag strip to see the best place to put it and to find locations for the 'showcase' shoots.

Old 02-08-2010, 10:33 PM   #4
Dave_O
Needs a Camaro

Drives: 2007 Chevy Trailblazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by johndawg View Post
Yes... I'm going to go down there in a few weeks to scout the drag strip to see the best place to put it and to find locations for the 'showcase' shoots.
NICE! Sounds like you are super dedicated to doing an AMAZING job!

I LOVE GM vehicles, and particularly Chevy's, but would buy any GM vehicle if I had the $$...Hopefully, one day, soon enough, a 5th Gen CAMARO! Dave_O
Old 02-08-2010, 10:48 PM   #5
shawn18
OWTATIME

Drives: 1969 CaRaMo
Sweet!!! I am glad we will have professional photography covering this event ,I will definately be purchasing one of the books just another reason why Camaro5 is the best website on the world wide interweb!!
Old 02-08-2010, 11:11 PM   #6
Dave_O
Needs a Camaro

Drives: 2007 Chevy Trailblazer
Quote:
I think they are redoing their site. But their professional resume and work is very nice.
NICE! Looking forward to seeing their work from the fest!

I LOVE GM vehicles, and particularly Chevy's, but would buy any GM vehicle if I had the $$...Hopefully, one day, soon enough, a 5th Gen CAMARO! Dave_O
Old 02-08-2010, 11:34 PM   #7
GMtothecore
"That Guy"

Drives: Camaro SS...........what else?
Location: OOOOOOOklahoma where the wind comes sweepin' down the plains.
Very nice, can't wait!
Old 02-09-2010, 01:15 AM   #8
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Cool. I'll just leave my camera at home.

I'd lose it anyway.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:42 AM   #9
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
This is very cool!! I can't wait to see this and it will be great to have all the memories captured in one book!
Old 02-09-2010, 12:39 PM   #10
colemanvoice
team chicklet camaro

Drives: MOTL3Y
Nice johndawng. We will still have something to anxiously wait for, after the event now. So, we can wean ourselves off our Camaro5 Fest high, hu?
Old 02-09-2010, 09:42 PM   #11
johndawg

Hey colemanvoice... How have you been? Thanks for the heads-up earlier today.

I can't tell you how excited we are to head down there in April. I was pumped up before, but now I'm involved and it's taken that excitement to the next level. I have so many cool ideas and things I want to try when we get down there.

It's going to be a great time!

John

Old 02-09-2010, 09:49 PM   #12
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by johndawg View Post

I have seen some of your pics elsewhere on this site - simply awesome !!
Glad you are doing the photo shoots at C5F. If you need locations for shoots there are about 10,000 fields nearby with cotton or cows...mooooove over...lol Other than the track itself, there is not a lot nearby. So you're from Alpharetta - was just up there last Wednesday, beautiful place. Visited a customer up there. See ya at C5F !!
Old 02-09-2010, 10:11 PM   #13
johndawg

Thanks for the kind words (speedster). I've only driven thru Valdosta a few times, but I've never spent any significant time there. Feel free to send me any address' or coordinates of some great locations.

Also... You should nominate a car/forum member to be shot for the showcase.

By the way... I should have my old portfolio back up within the week so others will be able to see some cool pics from the past. I'm having my site rebuilt and rebranded. So many things going on at the same time... Phew!

Take care,

John

Old 02-12-2010, 01:39 PM   #14
Rookie13
Hooked on AutoX

Drives: 1SS/RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Rookie13
Quote:
Cherry Picker at the track also?

I don't know if a Cherry Picker is gonna be enough junkie. I was thinking we need to get the Army on-board down there for a Helo fly-over. Come on, I know you have connestions down there.

Let's get some serious aerials of a this very serious event!!!

Closed Thread