Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-13-2018, 10:46 PM   #1
Sandman1969

Drives: 2015 2SS Red Hot Adrenaline
Possibly Moving On (Addons)

I love my car and it makes me smile every time I walk out from work and listen to it start in the distance and when I see it as I walk up to it. No one has a Camaro like mine around here, which is awesome.

I have been a bow-tie guy for my entire life for the most part. A 1975 350 LS was my first car, I had a 1988 Monte Carlo, a couple Chevy Trucks.

After college I got a 94 Corvette which I absolutely loved as well. However, once we had the first child I traded in on a Silverado 1500 Z71. After a couple commuter cars, I got my 2014 Camaro LS since I relocated to a closer office. Then shortly afterwards I upgraded is to my current 2SS. Fit the need of being able to take both kids with me, and even in a pinch the whole family. Granted I have to move my seat way forward.

The oldest is going in for her learners test tomorrow and by this time next year will have a car of some sort. Probably a sedan or a coupe with a backseat.

Anyway to make a long story longer, sorry about the long windedness, next year I planned on purchasing my leased 2SS; however, I am now contemplating on upgrading back to a Vette. Probably a C6 (2009/2010). I may trade it in or sell out right depending on the bottom line. Made 4k on the wife's Honda lease.

My question, is should I put the stock exhaust back on along with the intake, if I sell outright, or even trading into another dealership? Would I be better off doing that and selling the Corsa Xtreme with less than 5k miles on it and CAI separately?
If I end up turning it back in I would certainly set it all back to stock and sell the parts.

Floated it past my wife and she knows I always wanted to get another Vette so of course she wants me happy. Love this woman.
I love my 2SS, and if I had all the expendable income would keep both, but alas not quite there yet.

Who knows, may change my mind by this time next year. However, my buddy just picked up another Vette and got me drooling and thinking.

2015 2SS Red Hot Adrenaline
Sandman1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 10:55 PM   #2
Mach83

Drives: 2015 2SS RS 1LE
I just made the move to the C7. Loved my 1LE - but the cars just don't compare. Different universes.

I traded mine with Corsa cat-back, CAI, and some other small items. The trade value was negotiated over the phone and email with VIN and photos. They didn't care about upgrades and honestly if I started talking about SS brake lines, Tick bleeder, split reservoir, blacked out bowties etc - it would have reduced value from their POV.

I didn't have the stock exhaust or intake parts, but if I did - and I had the time - I'd have pulled them and sold to put a few more dollars into my pocket.

Good luck!
Mach83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 06:40 AM   #3
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Dealerships will not give you anything for aftermarket parts, so if you have the stock stuff still then definitely put it back stock and sell the aftermarket parts. You'll end up ahead in your wallet.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 07:18 AM   #4
BandRcAMARO

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I would go back to stock, the car would sell for the same, and a corsa cat back will net you another 1k or so. Same with the CAI. We all love our Camaro's, but dam those c6/c7's are so awesome.
Old 08-14-2018, 08:26 AM   #5
NGUYP

Drives: Junk
Definitely put it back to stock.

Let me know when you put that Corsa Xtreme up for sale.
NGUYP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 03:56 PM   #6
Sandman1969

Drives: 2015 2SS Red Hot Adrenaline
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandRcAMARO View Post
I would go back to stock, the car would sell for the same, and a corsa cat back will net you another 1k or so. Same with the CAI. We all love our Camaro's, but dam those c6/c7's are so awesome.

Yeah, I seriously hadn't even considered doing this, until my buddy got his 2008 Corvette and I learned what he paid for it. Which should be right around the ball park of what I will owe for my payoff on the Camaro at that time. Then the light bulb went off in my head. Hey why not get back in a Vette!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
Dealerships will not give you anything for aftermarket parts, so if you have the stock stuff still then definitely put it back stock and sell the aftermarket parts. You'll end up ahead in your wallet.

Yeah that is what I was thinking. I guess back in my mind would love to find a Camaro buff like me that would appreciate the addons, but definitely wouldn't be as easy to do and could make a bit of money to boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGUYP View Post
Definitely put it back to stock.

Let me know when you put that Corsa Xtreme up for sale.

I will definitely post it on here when I do. Like I said this probably won't be until next May where I would do this. But I would probably put everything back around February or so as I start looking for my new ride.

So tough to think about as I still love my car and get comments all the time on it, but something about the top dog in the bow-tie family. I miss my C4, and now the C6 would be even better.

Will keep ya posted. Where are you at? I am in VA.

2015 2SS Red Hot Adrenaline
Sandman1969 is offline   Reply With Quote