Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 09-20-2008, 11:02 PM   #1
Supercoolyo

Drives: 1993 Mazda MX-6
Talking Pricing estimates & more questions

Hi, just joined Camaro5 and have officially decided that I will do everything humanly possible to ensure I get a new Camaro My ideal selection would be:

Camaro SS
6 Speed Automatic
RS Package
(not decided on color - something light like silver or yellow, I live in AZ)
Custom fuel door (that thing looks awesome )
HUD

However, I wondered if anyone had any guesses whatsoever as to what it may cost. I'm sure it'll be between $30-$35, but I also wondered if they're planning on charging extra for the 6 speed automatic transmission? And if I decide to get the V6 version after all is said and done, does it have the paddle shifters?
Supercoolyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 11:06 PM   #2
fbird777
SOM WS6

Drives: 2002 SOM Trans Am WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercoolyo View Post
Hi, just joined Camaro5 and have officially decided that I will do everything humanly possible to ensure I get a new Camaro My ideal selection would be:

Camaro SS
6 Speed Automatic
RS Package
HUD

However, I wondered if anyone had any guesses whatsoever as to what it may cost. I'm sure it'll be between $30-$35, but I also wondered if they're planning on charging extra for the 6 speed automatic transmission? And if I decide to get the V6 version after all is said and done, does it have the paddle shifters?
I think the manual and auto will be the same price. I would think the base SS would run $29,999 with the RS package costing $2,000. HUD is not coming out until June 2010 I believe and the fuel door shouldn't cost too much. If you pay MSRP I think you will be looking at around $33,000. These are just estimates though. Oh yeah, the V6 will have paddle shifters.
fbird777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 11:42 PM   #3
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Honestly anything you read or hear is just an assumption at this point. If you want a idea of what camaro pricing will be check out my signature below... its from the most credible of sources!!!! Just think competition!!
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:17 AM   #4
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercoolyo View Post

Camaro SS
6 Speed Automatic
RS Package
HUD

However, I wondered if anyone had any guesses whatsoever as to what it may cost.
all that anyone has is guesses
I'm sure it'll be between $30-$35,
sounds like a good range for what you want, but I'd expect it to be closer to $30k than $35k though
but I also wondered if they're planning on charging extra for the 6 speed automatic transmission?
hard to say
And if I decide to get the V6 version after all is said and done, does it have the paddle shifters?
yes
reply in bold
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 08:01 PM   #5
AC Cobra Dubai

Drives: AC Cobra MKIII Blue & White
AUTO!! Criminal. This car should only be bought in Manual. Be a man.
AC Cobra Dubai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 08:59 PM   #6
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC Cobra Dubai View Post
AUTO!! Criminal. This car should only be bought in Manual. Be a man.
Not sure what its like in Dubai, but my daily commute involves up to an hour of stop and go traffic, thats on an awful day though, typically it is 15-30 min. Manual's and rush hour traffic don't mix
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 09:26 PM   #7
Jak

Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
You know, I'd been thinking about that. You could be right. The Camaro's got two V-8's, the L99 (slightly smaller 8) for the auto and the LS3 for manual. So you could be right they could be in the same price range. Hate the waiting to see though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbird777 View Post
I think the manual and auto will be the same price. .
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 09:30 PM   #8
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jak View Post
You know, I'd been thinking about that. You could be right. The Camaro's got two V-8's, the L99 (slightly smaller 8) for the auto and the LS3 for manual. So you could be right they could be in the same price range. Hate the waiting to see though.
The L99 is the same displacement as the LS3... The difference lies in that the L99 has AFM (and thus different parts that produce slightly less hp).
Old 09-23-2008, 11:31 PM   #9
Jak

Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
(Smacking my forehead) Yup, that's what I ment. Fingers didn't put it down that way. (Bad fingers, bad fingers) Reread the info on the L99 and my take is that it's a LS3 but . . . (probably not the right word I'm looking for)toned down for the AFM causing the slight loss in horses.
But I'll stick by my guess/ wish that there should be very little price difference between the auto an manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diarmadhi View Post
The L99 is the same displacement as the LS3... The difference lies in that the L99 has AFM (and thus different parts that produce slightly less hp).
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:11 PM   #10
rlg3

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Not sure what its like in Dubai, but my daily commute involves up to an hour of stop and go traffic, thats on an awful day though, typically it is 15-30 min. Manual's and rush hour traffic don't mix
Stick is romantic and bad ass at the same time but a stick in rush hour traffic just sucks, I live in chicago its always rush hour, want a stick but want to enjoy the drive too
rlg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 03:08 PM   #11
camaro1

Drives: 550+RWHP 2010 camaro
this is why im going the have the best of both, LS3 and auto trans
415ci stroker, TVS 2300 Magnacharger, cnc heads, cam, yank ss3200 converter, Kooks long tubes, Bwoody true cold air kit, ZL1 Pump, magnaflow 3" cat-back, lowering springs,BMR control arms and tie rod bars, 3.73 gears, diff mounts, RX can, ADM fuel controller
camaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 03:40 PM   #12
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Unless they spread the cost across the board, I dont see the auto being the same as the manual. Automatics ar more complicated and cost more to produce. Then the L99 has AFM. Just a guess but it takes more computer to control AFM, that would add cost. How could the manual not cost less?
Old 09-24-2008, 04:33 PM   #13
littlecammi

Drives: '87 Pontiac Fiero GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWIweldace View Post
How could the manual not cost less?
The Tremec TR6060 manual is an expensive transmission. It's a $1000 option on the Challenger and not even available on the Mustang GT.
littlecammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:11 PM   #14
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Tremec TR6060 6-Speed Transmission - 05-09

Home Page :: Store :: Drivetrain :: Tremec Transmissions

162-TR6060-TRANS - Truck Freight Item
Tremec TR6060 6-Speed Transmission - '05-'09 $2,995.00

375-TR6060-CM
TR6060 Transmission Crossmember $179.95

At 6L80E.com 6 speed auto rebuilt is $4695.00 minus $700 Core = $3995
At steeda.com the TR6060 is available for $2995. Difference = $1000

Of course the TR6060 is a $1000 option on the Challenger, if in fact it is. Do you really think they are worth $42,000?

The TR6060 is also in the 2008 Shelby
The 6L80 has served in Cadillac STS, Escalade, Hummer H2, and of course Corvette.

I see a lot of questions and a few invalid statements that would be avoided by a little research online. As an inspector by trade i must validate my quotes before I put my name on them. Good advice.