Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Camaro Fest VIII Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2018, 07:16 AM   #533
Tenfive
 
Tenfive's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 SS camaro and 67 camaro SS
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: West palm beach
Posts: 463
And ladder sheets posted
Tenfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 09:34 PM   #534
wrankin
Camaros Of Northwest Ohio
 
Drives: 2016 Black 2SS
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Perrysburg OH
Posts: 606
Does anyone know where to find the final drag racing standing?

Bill
__________________
2016 2SS Black / Black & Arenaline Red, MRC, 6 Piston Brembos, NPP, Black Wheels
2018 GMC Canyon Denali 4x4
2013 2SS / RS - AGM / Jet Black (sold)
1970 1/2 Z/28 Classic Copper / Tan (sold many years ago)
wrankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 09:21 AM   #535
mlee
Moderator
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: 2019 Crush ZLE - Build 8/21
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 33,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwi2112 View Post
So if I got 3rd in bracket racing Friday does that just all start over Saturday or did Fridays session count for anything ? I've never drag raced before sorry for my ignorance.
Bracket racing finished on Friday and we gave plaques for 1st and 2nd so you just missed it. Hope you had fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etmx183 View Post
Will the qualifying lists be posted??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenfive View Post
And ladder sheets posted
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrankin View Post
Does anyone know where to find the final drag racing standing?

Bill
I'll be posting all of this, hopefully later today or tomorrow. I just returned home from Bowling Green at 2am so still need to un-pack and get going with posting stuff.
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 07:37 PM   #536
mlee
Moderator
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: 2019 Crush ZLE - Build 8/21
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 33,322
Results are now in Post #2 and #3
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 08:59 PM   #537
RubyCamaro
Jan
 
RubyCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Springfield, TN
Posts: 15,984
Very cool to see the result details. Thanks.
__________________
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 07:48 AM   #538
wrankin
Camaros Of Northwest Ohio
 
Drives: 2016 Black 2SS
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Perrysburg OH
Posts: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Results are now in Post #2 and #3
Thanks Mike,

I guess I see where there was some confusion. It looks like there were 3 cars that had the same number 37. One must have been renumbered at some point to 37X, and I was renumbered after bracket racing to X37 when I did not see my name on the SS class qual sheet. Not sure how that happens. Is there anything that can be done from a driver's standpoint to double check?

I kinda felt jinxed. My dial in for bracket racing was wrong in the third round at 0.2 too fast, I was not listed in the initial qual sheet for SS because of the numbering mistake, my battery died in pre-staging for the first round of SS eliminations because I had my radio on for the track broadcast and was not able to get it started in time, and then a bird crapped on my car right after that. I felt like a drama queen at that point. Haha!

I felt so much better after being able to get in 4 runs in during the late test and tunes.

I had a blast doing all three events and definitely plan on attending CFest9

Bill
__________________
2016 2SS Black / Black & Arenaline Red, MRC, 6 Piston Brembos, NPP, Black Wheels
2018 GMC Canyon Denali 4x4
2013 2SS / RS - AGM / Jet Black (sold)
1970 1/2 Z/28 Classic Copper / Tan (sold many years ago)
wrankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 11:58 AM   #539
RubyCamaro
Jan
 
RubyCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Springfield, TN
Posts: 15,984
A couple of my friends also had duplicate numbers & I had to go to the tower to get my info corrected. There also seems to have also been some errors in qualifying times as listed. I think a lot of errors were due to hurrying with tech-in & general hurrying in the lanes & in other areas. Also what is the point of so many qualifying runs if eliminations are going to be decided by luck of the draw instead of fastest time running slowest, second fastest running second slowest, etc. I barely made it for one of the elimination runs along with another V6 buddy who was waiting for the call with me right under a speaker. We came the first time we heard the call but I suspect we may have missed one call somehow. They had already run everyone but us 2 when we arrived in the lanes. That would have been a very short time to wait for folks to arrive given the size of the venue and the difficulty hearing announcements.



I thoroughly enjoyed the event except for the heat, but there is always room for improvement.
__________________
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 01:06 PM   #540
mlee
Moderator
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: 2019 Crush ZLE - Build 8/21
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 33,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrankin View Post
Thanks Mike,

I guess I see where there was some confusion. It looks like there were 3 cars that had the same number 37. One must have been renumbered at some point to 37X, and I was renumbered after bracket racing to X37 when I did not see my name on the SS class qual sheet. Not sure how that happens. Is there anything that can be done from a driver's standpoint to double check?

I kinda felt jinxed. My dial in for bracket racing was wrong in the third round at 0.2 too fast, I was not listed in the initial qual sheet for SS because of the numbering mistake, my battery died in pre-staging for the first round of SS eliminations because I had my radio on for the track broadcast and was not able to get it started in time, and then a bird crapped on my car right after that. I felt like a drama queen at that point. Haha!

I felt so much better after being able to get in 4 runs in during the late test and tunes.

I had a blast doing all three events and definitely plan on attending CFest9

Bill
We had two different colored tech cards and they had the same numbers. We caught it early and added a one before those. Your name should be right.

Yeah, getting to do all 3 events is an awesome deal. See you next year.
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 01:11 PM   #541
mlee
Moderator
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: 2019 Crush ZLE - Build 8/21
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 33,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
A couple of my friends also had duplicate numbers & I had to go to the tower to get my info corrected. There also seems to have also been some errors in qualifying times as listed. I think a lot of errors were due to hurrying with tech-in & general hurrying in the lanes & in other areas. Also what is the point of so many qualifying runs if eliminations are going to be decided by luck of the draw instead of fastest time running slowest, second fastest running second slowest, etc. I barely made it for one of the elimination runs along with another V6 buddy who was waiting for the call with me right under a speaker. We came the first time we heard the call but I suspect we may have missed one call somehow. They had already run everyone but us 2 when we arrived in the lanes. That would have been a very short time to wait for folks to arrive given the size of the venue and the difficulty hearing announcements.



I thoroughly enjoyed the event except for the heat, but there is always room for improvement.
There were a couple of reasons for random draw (1st round only, then laddered by qual runs). We had an extra 80 cars over last year and with so many new folks it was crazy trying to pair them up in round one. #2 we removed the shop cars to improve competition and to do that the random pair in round one enabled them to back out without a bunch of bye runs.
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 10:29 PM   #542
RubyCamaro
Jan
 
RubyCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Springfield, TN
Posts: 15,984
What is the deal with me & 2nd place? Not complaining though. I always have a blast.
Attached Images
  
__________________
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.