Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Ask AL


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2018, 09:26 AM   #127
linuxbox
 
Drives: 2017 2ss coupe
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 23
Just took mine to the dealership in elizabethtown KY. Quite certain they are replacing the torque converter. i'm in a rental costing me about $25/day and this will probably be a 1.5 to 2 day procedure they said. mine is a 2017 2ss i purchased at this dealership in late may 2017. only has a little over 11,000 miles and the problem started at 10,000 miles.
linuxbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 03:52 AM   #128
FlukeSS
 
FlukeSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4
Based on all the information on the last couple of pages of the main thread and this one, is there an aftermarket solution should the issue crop up again?

I had the 3 x flush done, and no vibration issue after about 1000 miles so far, but I figured I'd ask for an alternative solution should the dealer not want to cooperate.

I've had issues with Chevy honoring the warranty in the past, and I don't want to get into a tit for tat debate with them.

The dealership I bought the car from has a pretty good reputation, as my family has bought from them for years in the past. I'm kind of hoping that reputation is well deserved. But, I still wanted other options or alternatives even if I have to go after market.
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 10:42 PM   #129
Spartan268
 
Spartan268's Avatar
 
Drives: HB 2SS
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlukeSS View Post
Based on all the information on the last couple of pages of the main thread and this one, is there an aftermarket solution should the issue crop up again?

I had the 3 x flush done, and no vibration issue after about 1000 miles so far, but I figured I'd ask for an alternative solution should the dealer not want to cooperate.

I've had issues with Chevy honoring the warranty in the past, and I don't want to get into a tit for tat debate with them.

The dealership I bought the car from has a pretty good reputation, as my family has bought from them for years in the past. I'm kind of hoping that reputation is well deserved. But, I still wanted other options or alternatives even if I have to go after market.
Only one I know of is to tune the TCM to have 0 slip in the later gears. Other members have reported success from doing this but doing so will void your warranty. If you ever need to explore this Avenue it's probably safe to say you're already out of warranty.
Spartan268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 11:03 AM   #130
KMPrenger


 
KMPrenger's Avatar
 
Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 13,030
<rant>

I've experienced the shudder one time (over a year ago) on my 2016 SS. Had it checked out, but nothing was done at the time, although I was aware of the triple flush. I should've pushed harder for the flush back then, and honestly, I've contemplated just taking it back and telling them its doing it again. They can't reproduce it, and it leave no code behind (from what I can tell) but its very well known issue so they would probably perform the proceedure.

But here's my thoughts. At what point, can something like this become a class action suit? I mean...I like the A8 for what it can do, and how it drives when its working well. But this TC issue is just out of hand.

Think about it and all the vehicles affected. Chevy Silverado, Corvette, Camaro (V8, V6, and 4 cylinder), Colorado, GMC Sierra, and Canyon, from the year the A8 was introduced up through 2018...we are still seeing issues with the TC. I might have left out some vehicles...is the Cadillac ATS and CTS also affected? I'd think so.

At this point its just ridiculous. I agree with others, that it could likely be fixed with different programming, but GM doesn't want to do that. I know two 2017 Colorado V6 owners...and both of them are having TC issues. One is getting it replaced right now.

GM just now gave in and finally released a good TCM tune for the "shudder" issue 2015 and 2016 GM midsize trucks that fixes the A6 transmission from stumbling under low rpm, but load conditions. They've released prior tune updates to help the issue, but owners were still having frustrations. This latest tune seems to be the final fix. This was never a mechanical issue, but a tuning issue right from the get to, designed to maximize mpg. A few drivers are reporting a slight decrease in their avg mpg, but the truck now drives great (FYI...I'm mostly happy with my 2015 Colorado without this updated tune, but I can get my truck to do the shudder if I want).

Will GM every say "screw it" and give us a tune that works correctly, but maybe decreases our highway mpg by 0.50???
__________________
2016 Camaro 1SS - 8-speed - NPP - Black bowties
2010 Camaro 1LT V6 (Sold. I will miss her!)

Last edited by KMPrenger; 07-24-2018 at 11:24 AM.
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 11:18 AM   #131
indyz
 
Drives: 2SS, CT-R
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: FLorida
Posts: 300
GM is a "business". Most big manufacturers no longer stand by their products. Extend and pretend. Unfortunately, making it right, has become old fashioned. Who cares about the 1% that have issues. The other 99% will still buy from us.

Someone will have to sue, to start the ball rolling. I'm more inclined to just dump my car when the problem recurs regularly. My buddy just dumped his after dealing with multiple dealers in the past 6-7 months.
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 11:25 AM   #132
KMPrenger


 
KMPrenger's Avatar
 
Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 13,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by indyz View Post
GM is a "business". Most big manufacturers no longer stand by their products. Extend and pretend. Unfortunately, making it right, has become old fashioned. Who cares about the 1% that have issues. The other 99% will still buy from us.

Someone will have to sue, to start the ball rolling. I'm more inclined to just dump my car when the problem recurs regularly. My buddy just dumped his after dealing with multiple dealers in the past 6-7 months.
yeah...dont' disagree with you. Except I love the Camaro otherwise, and dumping the car means I'm actually just turning around and spending more money. That ain't right.
__________________
2016 Camaro 1SS - 8-speed - NPP - Black bowties
2010 Camaro 1LT V6 (Sold. I will miss her!)
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 11:42 AM   #133
indyz
 
Drives: 2SS, CT-R
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: FLorida
Posts: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
yeah...dont' disagree with you. Except I love the Camaro otherwise, and dumping the car means I'm actually just turning around and spending more money. That ain't right.



Its only money.


I'm enjoying it until I don't. Then I'll dump it. It aint right.....and life goes on. I saw how much my buddy's blood pressure went up, I am actively trying to avoid that


indyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 01:58 PM   #134
01pewterz28
Camaro Junkie
 
01pewterz28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: CENTRAL FLORIDA
Posts: 10,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxbox View Post
Just took mine to the dealership in elizabethtown KY. Quite certain they are replacing the torque converter. i'm in a rental costing me about $25/day and this will probably be a 1.5 to 2 day procedure they said. mine is a 2017 2ss i purchased at this dealership in late may 2017. only has a little over 11,000 miles and the problem started at 10,000 miles.
Why are you paying for a rental this is coverd under your bumper to bumper warranty a loaner vehicle should be provided free of charge.
__________________
**FIFTY HBM 2SS VERT**
01pewterz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 12:45 PM   #135
chross12
 
chross12's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 ss whipple,rotofab,A8,magride
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Destin, Florida
Posts: 59
had the triple flush a few months back. The issue returned and I hope the new TQ from GM will have a different design? Does anyone know if the new TQ are different than the older model ones? If they are in fact the same one then i should buy a circle D TQ and drop ship it to the dealership.
chross12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 12:48 PM   #136
chross12
 
chross12's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 ss whipple,rotofab,A8,magride
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Destin, Florida
Posts: 59
I agree with what 01pewterz28 said!
chross12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 09:57 AM   #137
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros
 
Evil-Bee-NH's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Manchester, NH
Posts: 6,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
Why are you paying for a rental this is coverd under your bumper to bumper warranty a loaner vehicle should be provided free of charge.
I agree he shouldn't be paying for a loaner but isn't Transmission/TC considered powertrain warranty not bumper to bumper?
__________________


MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 307RWHP - 329 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 11:10 AM   #138
LittleBloo
 
Drives: 2016 2LT
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
Posts: 14
Hi everyone.

First off, thank you for this thread.

My 2016 started having the shudder around 39,000 miles. My tires were pretty worn (I like to drive a lot :blush: ) and we thought maybe changing those would help. The worn tires made it feel like the shudder feel like it was going through the steering column. Changing the tires did help, but there’s still a mild shudder. It’s tolerable, but... as someone said earlier, we pay the money we do for a good ride.

I brought the car in today. It’s covered under the Powertrain warranty. The service advisor offered no resistance — he said the problem has come up with other vehicles and they are aware of it. He even mentioned the change in transmission fluid because the original used was “too thin.”

The service advisor mentioned one Camaro owner came in and the flush alone didn’t fix it. I got the sense I was going to get the flush and TC replacement, but I’m waiting to hear. We’ll see.

But again, thank you for the post because it immediate gave me peace of mind that I’m not crazy and there is a potential fix. I’ll check in if any other details are shared and offer an update on how the car feels after the repair!

Edit: The dealer did the flush and it feels immensely better. The service advisor said to give it about 200 miles for the fluid to circulate through the system; until then it might shudder a bit. If it has, I haven’t noticed it. So far, so good. Keeping my fingers cross this fix works. If it doesn’t, I’ll have to go back to get the TC replaced.

Last edited by LittleBloo; 08-13-2018 at 07:04 PM.
LittleBloo is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.