Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 09-20-2011, 12:55 PM   #1
Erik@Torq

Drives: '10 SS + '04 Z16 Z06 S/C
Send a message via MSN to Erik@Torq
Torq is ready for The Optima Ultimate Street Car Invitational at SEMA!

I am very happy and proud to announce that we just received news that I officially qualified and am invited to the 2011 Optima Ultimate Street Car Invitational at SEMA! I will be driving my Camaro once again to it's limits proving that she is one mean street machine, and one of the fastest daily driven, "handling built" Camaro's in the country. This is a HUGE honor for me to be invited to this event, as only the fastest and most well built Street Cars in the country are invited. I will be representing Camaro5.com and Torq the best I can, simply by going as fast as I can

Optima has held competitions around the country all year where the contestants have competed on the Road Course, Auto-X, Speed-Stop Challenge, 1/4 mile as well as long cruises and Show & Shine to prove who truly has the fastest and most well built Street car. Being fast is one thing, doing it in style and with 100% reliability in all forms of racing is the hard part

After putting over 40000miles on my Camaro driving cross country, racing for several days, and coming up on top our Camaro sure has proven itself to be a perfect contender for this type of event. She is a well oiled machine that holds her own at the track, but also looking hot while doing it. So not only do we get to race at an amazing track, but also showcase the car in the Optima Corral at SEMA, 2011.

An HUGE thanks to the whole crew at Optima for giving us this opportunity, can't wait to get on track! I will be up against some of the fastest drivers in the country, Mari Pozzy, Danny Pop etc and also some of the baddest cars ever including Mark Stielow's LS9 powered 69 Camaro, Detroit Speeds sick 1st and 2nd Gen Camaro's, Euro cars, JDM's and many more so I do not expext this to be easy, but I shall do my best. I will prove yet again one thing that we all already know, and that is that these 5th Gens are no slouches on the track!

Quote:
The OPTIMA Ultimate Street Car Invitational, presented by K&N Filters and Wilwood Disc Brakes, occurs the first week in November immediately following the SEMA Show, one of the largest industry tradeshows, and has become a highly anticipated, international event among industry enthusiasts, manufacturers and media. The Invitational brings in some of the top automotive talent and highly-modified vehicles, credible racing veterans and fresh talent with undiscovered street machines.

The Invitational will take place at Spring Mountain Motor Ranch, a state-of-the-art racing facility in Pahrump, Nevada. The track, located just 45 minutes west of downtown Las Vegas, is accessible for attendees of the SEMA Show, and is the perfect picturesque backdrop for one of the year's most exciting race events.

The main race activity of the OPTIMA Ultimate Street Car Invitational takes place on Saturday, November 5 and will offer something for every race fan with the BFGoodrich Hot Lap Challenge, Ridetech Autocross Challenge, Wilwood Disc Brakes Speed Stop Challenge, and the Raybestos Performance and Design Challenge. The Detroit Speed and Engineering Road Rally will occur the day before, following the close of the SEMA Show.

So once again I will be setting off for yet another cross country road trip with the Camaro, this time all the way to Sin City and will be tearing up the track with the Torq Project Cammedmaro! Can't wait, wish us luck

/Erik@Torq

Btw, here is a short video from last years event!

Erik@Torq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:32 PM   #2
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
Good luck at the event Erik! That sounds like a lot of fun. Will it be aired on TV (Speed channel)?

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:56 PM   #3
Erik@Torq

Thanks buddy! Yup, full episode will be on Speed
Old 09-20-2011, 09:35 PM   #4
1977and2010
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 1977 Z28, 2SSRS 2010 M6
Way to go. That would be dream come true for me. Good luck that will be some stiff competition. I think you'll make us proud.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:37 PM   #5
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel
Good luck man!!

Big fan of you and your car. I always follow you guys on FB.
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:22 PM   #6
Squintz Palladoris

Drives: 2010 IOM 1SS M6
That event looks like a Blast! Have fun man and kick some ass!
Squintz Palladoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:01 PM   #7
unrestrictedmotorsports

Drives: 2011 Comp 6 Turbo
Good luck guys. We were out there the last two years with our Comp 475 Camaro in 2009 and a 2005 GTO last year. It was a blast and it keeps getting bigger every year.
unrestrictedmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 02:47 PM   #8
Erik@Torq

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrestrictedmotorsports View Post
Good luck guys. We were out there the last two years with our Comp 475 Camaro in 2009 and a 2005 GTO last year. It was a blast and it keeps getting bigger every year.
Thanks guys, really looking forward to it! I remember seeing your red & silver car there out tearing it up.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:16 AM   #9
Erik@Torq

Check out this preview that Optima posted on their blog about the car and myself

2011 OPTIMA Ultimate Street Car Invitational Preview- Erik Cederberg’s 2010 Camaro

So looking forward to this event!

/Erik