Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-01-2018, 11:18 PM   #29
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
I told you all already, the Camaro5 veterans moved onto Corvettes or Challengers, not that monstrosity Camaro6.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 11:21 PM   #30
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Someone needs to start a V6 vs V8 or auto vs manual thread.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 11:23 PM   #31
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
Turbo 4 automatic mustangs are the fastest muscle car now. I saw it on the inter webs.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 11:24 PM   #32
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:

NO!!!

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 11:24 PM   #33
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
Turbo 4 automatic mustangs are the fastest muscle car now. I saw it on the inter webs.
this is why we can't have nice things
Old 08-01-2018, 11:29 PM   #34
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
this is why we can't have nice things
...and that makes me sad.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 11:44 PM   #35
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Well this place is dead. heading over to camaro6
Old 08-02-2018, 01:01 AM   #36
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
Someone call my name?
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 03:00 AM   #37
riozlander
that guy <--------

Drives: 2012 camaro V6 LS M6
I don't come to the forms very often anymore just cuz I don't feel like anybody wants to hear what new people want to say or talk about.
the overall feeling that I get here is the same that I got on the benzworld forms. Elitists if you don't buy the parts we use on our cars from this brand or this company that somehow makes your car inferior and that you're wasting your time and money. what happened just to the group who wants to modify their car just for the sake of modifying cars not to make any more power or look good to anyone except for the owner.

And then you get into the SS and ZL1 owners a small group of them who feel that if you didn't buy either of those two models and the appropriate options and different badges that came with the different options you could get, your car is crap and we don't want to talk to you, sure I get some people are going to say things like that in jest all in good fun but it really alienates a group of people.

The overall perception that I got from the form is if you have any kind of a question that you want to ask people you need to spend hours upon hours going through thread after thread looking for the answer that you want before you should even bother making a post because that's just wasting all these people's time. to me I think that's just a waste of time. Because were talking about a form that has been around for many many years now and there's so many threads so many posts that it makes it a little bit difficult for newer people to find what they want to even with the search option that there is.

It feels like you're a third wheel in a group of friends you just met who have been talking and laughing about the same inside joke for the last 3 hours that you're never going to get because you weren't around when it started.

Maybe I'm just weird and I don't get any of it. I'm one of those people who just enjoys modifying cars for no reason other than to just do that or to learn something new that I've never known how to do before.

and there's probably plenty of people on here who can point out where I've been an A-hole and said a bunch of stupid stuff to people and made a bunch of stupid posts but I don't really care. I just want to talk to people I just want to talk about the vehicle I'm passionate about that I'm spending all this money and time and investment in for my own pleasure. I would like to bounce ideas off people on what they think about a certain modification or taking parts off their car that nobody would modify and do something weird with them that others would not normally do.

As an example what I've always wanted to do with my car is by another set of steel rims and have them stripped and Polished and just paint the face of the wheels and leaving nice polished lip.
Another example is I'm a huge fan of Mad Max my car is black it's two door why not have side pipes like Mad Max that's pretty stupid and it's pretty pointless as well serves no purpose other than to make your car loud and obnoxious. But I digress

Those are just some of my reasons and I'm sure there's going to be a lot of people disagree with it.
riozlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 05:35 AM   #38
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
OP I’ll agree that the forum isn’t as active as it used to be, but it is far from dead. There are still a significant number of active threads daily vs. other forums that are dead or dying. If you want to really see what a dying forum is check out g8board.com those poor guys used to be nearly as active as here, but now is so dead I can’t imagine the thread lasting many more years.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 05:36 AM   #39
Taylortoons

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
I've been on here about a year and enjoy the site. I've learned a few things and have helped out 1 or 2 others. All good by me.

But, I am easily amused and have low expectations so what do I know other than I would never drive an automatic V6 Camaro or one with no mods. Boring cars with boring owners...
Old 08-02-2018, 07:22 AM   #40
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
Did not realize being a "modder" would help with the decline of this forum. I am starting today to strip down everything not stock on my car. Should be down to the frame by nightfall.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 08:11 AM   #41
ZEN357

Drives: 1991 Z/28 Convertible
I'm seeing this trend in alot of forums now.
ZEN357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 08:23 AM   #42
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Well its no surprise. As we get older we become less current. We are no longer the hottest news in GM, so naturally the traffic will slow some. It happens to the best forums after awhile (ls1tech, z28.com, fbody.com). What's hot today becomes cold and stale tomorrow.

But we are still good IMO. The board is still the hot place to come to. The forum is in great shape IMO.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote