Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-17-2013, 09:08 PM   #57
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
I am lower/middle class so to me my Camaro is a lot of joy for me and I have no complaints.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:16 PM   #58
ajax.

Drives: 12SS,12SRT8,14COPO,77Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare2012 View Post
Maybe its the driver that isnt familiar with all the functionalities. What truck do you own i would love to test drive it my ss bone stock i personally hit a 12.8 so that's no slug no matter what anybody says. Therehas even been ppl on here hit as low as 12.7 that i am aware of so you might need to get alil familiar with your car and take it to the tracks
+1 especially if you just mash the throttle.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:19 PM   #59
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Sounds like you got a lemon.
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:34 PM   #60
buckeyemike

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
My V6 has no problems with fit and finish with exception to something that was covered under warranty, I bought CPO with around 1300 miles on it. Throttle is good, even on 87. Only complaint is that wheels and tires are really pedestrian, but that's what I expected from an LS with steelies - I'm replacing that on my own.

I think you're either driving a lemon or being overly critical and don't have the needed experience to know how to fix the stuff. I'll say stick around and learn some stuff from all the owners here, we have all the tricks.
buckeyemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:40 PM   #61
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
The only issue I see is the carpet. There is a short lag time in the throttle because it is wire control and not cable. Also as mentioned when in "D"rive the trans starts off in 2nd gear. When it is in "S"port the trans starts in 1st gear. Another thing when the car is in sport, the trans is programed to be adaptive. The harder you run it, the computer learns your driving style and adjust itself accordingly.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:45 PM   #62
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by civdiv99 View Post
My daily driver is a BMW X5 w/V8. I did not expect that level of interior fit and finish, but as my topic says - I was kinda surprised to start noticing the things I have noticed. A half-inch of throttle in that and we get 4K rpm shifts and moving like we got a purpose. Not in my Camaro.

Note it's not a bad driving car; it's great on a highway drive, etc. (but so is my older neighbor's Buick I imagine). My expectation was for more snap and bark. I put my throttle half way down in my tundra and we leave the line with verve.

I am real familiar with the BMW x5 Twin Turbo V8. Your camaro should be blowing that away. If not you have a lemon. The BMW is only good for something like 5.5 0-60 times with the twin turbo setup. But of course your fit and finish better be better than the camaro because you spent 30 or 40k more for it.
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:52 PM   #63
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Nothing wrong with mine. Maybe its the driver?

Fuse pull may give a difference, if not its to mod! And if that dont work sell it. Your loss will be someone else's gain.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:53 PM   #64
buckeyemike

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajax. View Post
The paint quality on this car absolutely sucks and it is hands down my biggest gripe with the new camaros.
breaking news: all paint on new cars sucks. go to ANY car forum for a car that's newer and search "paint quality sucks" or something similar, you will get PAGES of results.

My Genesis was the same problem, everyone says the paint sucks. It's just how paints and manufactured and mixed now-a-days that is a problem.
buckeyemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:54 PM   #65
CamaroSS_RJS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
I agree with the original post.......it not like they just learned to paint a car. If your getting something that is over $40k, you should not be seeing cosmetic issues. Maybe GM needs better QA on the assembly line for this kind of stuff.......it's called lack of attention to detail!! Some could argue these small things can be a way to gleen on how well it was really made.

Issues I have seen on my 2010 2SS LS3 with 20k miles:
1) un-balanced harmonic balancer (dealer replaced).
2) under spray in many areas (front fenders between roof riser and trunk area).
3) bad oil seal/gasket
4) squeaking idler pulley
5) replaced rear pads due to a chip somehow in the middle of pad (can't really blame GM, but needs to be said). It's not like I am off roading it.

I have to add also, the gas guzzler bypass systems incorporated on both L99 & LS3 are a joke. A skip shift.....seriously! The Manual even says not to lug the vehicle, but they want you to go from 1st to fourth😳

But, that all said, I still love to drive it🚀
CamaroSS_RJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:03 PM   #66
CRTZL1
Banned

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyemike View Post
breaking news: all paint on new cars sucks. go to ANY car forum for a car that's newer and search "paint quality sucks" or something similar, you will get PAGES of results.

My Genesis was the same problem, everyone says the paint sucks. It's just how paints and manufactured and mixed now-a-days that is a problem.
I have ashen grey and I think the paint is great, no complaints there as well.
CRTZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:08 PM   #67
ajax.

Drives: 12SS,12SRT8,14COPO,77Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyemike View Post

And if people don't gripe it will only get worse. I have a 2006 Charger as my daily driver on I-95 weekly for 500miles roundtrip and the Yellow paint has not once chipped/scratched/defected in any way shape or form. Not to mention it has 55,000 miles on it. No excuses here for a 40k car, especially when it has 2000 miles on it and I use more touch up paint than I do fuel.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:23 PM   #68
MidTXCamaro

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
Buck up and upgrade. Cam,long tube headers,cai and good tune will turn your car into a beast. Did mine and could not be happier
MidTXCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:34 PM   #69
Dan1028
Mechanical Engineer

Drives: 2012 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS A6
Have you test driven another SS auto to even see if they're similar?

LEFT HAND DRIVE
Dan1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:37 PM   #70
civdiv99

Drives: 2011 SS/RS Auto in Silver Ice
Unfortunately, while she can drive a stick and did so for many years, it just wasn't gonna happen in this case. And since she shopped it and picked it.......

Probably a good thing I didn't test out an LS3 then. My 2nd gen was 4 sp w/what would have been typical bolt-ons 30 years ago - cam, headers, intake, carb, etc. So, yeah, that was my pref here also, but there is also that "compromise" thing.

From what I'm gathering here:

The carpet is a fail.
The fit of the interior is a subjective thing and sounds like it may not be real unusual.
The window (which is her only real gripe) is on going with GM. I supplied feedback and they called me. But still want me to bed in the window more. Their logic is low miles. My logic is 2 years now, and the fact that it's only the driver's side that does this hit or miss on staying up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswiss3000 View Post
From reading this thread, I believe the OP was refering to the L99 engine as not being an engine that loves to rev easily.

I believe we can all agree to that fact (in stock).

Last edited by civdiv99; 02-17-2013 at 10:51 PM.
civdiv99 is offline   Reply With Quote