Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2012 Camaro5 Fest (III)

Old 08-06-2012, 12:56 PM   #29
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Maybe too soon.

lets wait for them to get back home and I'll get the information up as soon as I get it.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:35 PM   #30
SGT Stretch

Drives: 2016 Hyper Metallic Blue SS
Yea I forgot not all Texans ironman'd the trip like I did and drove straight home lol
Old 08-07-2012, 04:54 PM   #31
atma
disco kryptonite

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
I will say this, my lady and I spent about 60% of our time at Fest watchin' the drag races (yeah we even watched the test 'n tune, haha). There were some great cars out there and you could see some of the more novice drivers really start to get their launches down by the end of the second day when it really counted. There were some conversations about the classes (my friend lost in the semi-finals of the NA Auto class to a car that was a full second faster than his) but with surprisingly few cars participating, if you broke it down any further some of the classes would've had two cars in it. It was unfortunate but it seemed hat the way it was set up ended up being the right way to go.

Only complaint I really have is that the supercharged 6 left all the other 6 bangers with absolutely no chance of winning whatsoever.if the 8's had a separate class for boosted cars, the 6's should've as well.

great races, tho. i was thoroughly entertained.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:00 PM   #32
atma
disco kryptonite

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamgl View Post
I couldn't get my car to hook worth a damn. 11.901 127.02 MPH 2.398 60'
Guess I just have to baby it in 1st?
Pulled hard on the top end. Maybe I just need to run mile events and roll races, lol.

oh, that was you in the Z06? the first run I saw you make, you spun your tires and didn't go anywhere for a full 3 seconds straight, fnished i think somewhere around 19 seconds. 2nd run was better, you basically walked through first, then still managed to get down the track in about 13, if i recall. third run i was pretty impressed. looked like you gave the other car about a second lead cus the tree hit green and you sorta gently got it rolling, then hammered on and i believe despite the start you still got down there somewhere in the low 11s? correct me if i'm wrong. a buddy and I were tryin to figure out what the hell you were doin! traction issues is certainly a moe plausible but less hilarious explanation than anything we came up with. the car is beast by the way.very nice.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:15 PM   #33
BSX_Camaro
Unleash the Beast!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by atma View Post
Only complaint I really have is that the supercharged 6 left all the other 6 bangers with absolutely no chance of winning whatsoever.if the 8's had a separate class for boosted cars, the 6's should've as well.

great races, tho. i was thoroughly entertained.
There wasn't a stock class period. I am stock and was racing supercharged cars all day.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:24 PM   #34
bhillakaiceberg

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS & 2017 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSX_Camaro View Post
There wasn't a stock class period. I am stock and was racing supercharged cars all day.
True indeed. The closest you could get to a "stock" class was the V8 NA class, which meant any bolt on, but no super/turbo charger. With that being said, I do believe the way they did do it was the proper way to involve everyone and have enough competition in each class.

I had a blast participating and was able to get in 25+ passes throughout the two days of drag racing. Well worth my $100 fee.

2017 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS Auto
9.29 @144.57mph ALL MOTOR SBE

#TEAMGPI Gwatney Performance Innovation

bhillakaiceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:42 PM   #35
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhillakaiceberg View Post
True indeed. The closest you could get to a "stock" class was the V8 NA class, which meant any bolt on, but no super/turbo charger. With that being said, I do believe the way they did do it was the proper way to involve everyone and have enough competition in each class.

I had a blast participating and was able to get in 25+ passes throughout the two days of drag racing. Well worth my $100 fee.

Now, that's what it's all about !!!
Old 08-07-2012, 08:57 PM   #36
pouncer72
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Send a message via AIM to pouncer72
Shame I had to work all weekend, was looking forward to crushing the NA class. There's always next year! Great runs guys
pouncer72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:59 PM   #37
inferno camaro

Drives: 2010 camaro pace car, 2008 cts bl,
Absolutely, I only planned on going Friday and not racing since I had to be home friday night. After watching about 5 runs I went to one of the great venders and bought a helmet, then of too wal-mart to buy some jeans and shoes. I made 15 runs Friday afternoon and drove the two hours home and came back Saturday morning to get in on some more fun. Its the first racing I've done in about ten years and I forgot how much fun it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Now, that's what it's all about !!!
Mods, 2r max cam, ls3 conv,kooks lt w/hf cats,kooks street sleeper cat back with magnaflow res x-pipe, roto fab cai, v-max TB, vigilante 3700 stall, 3.70 LPE, 442hp/392tq, Mike Norris Tune 11.71@116.24 1.63 60' m&h DR's
inferno camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:12 PM   #38
GMteSSted

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Not allowed to race....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhillakaiceberg View Post

Well, I can't say it involved everyone. I have a supercharger, but slower than 11.466 and with an automatic. I was told I could not get in a class because I was too slow for the 500 class and couldn't run in another V8 class because I was an automatic..........the classes need some work next year.
GMteSSted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:15 PM   #39
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMteSSted View Post
Well, I can't say it involved everyone. I have a supercharger, but slower than 11.466 and with an automatic. I was told I could not get in a class because I was too slow for the 500 class and couldn't run in another V8 class because I was an automatic..........the classes need some work next year.
You could have ran in the 500 class. Not sure who told you no. There were 54 cars. The quick 16 cut off was 11.3. So there were plenty of cars that were in your territory.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:40 AM   #40
tpower
DBLCHBY III

Drives: 15 1LE
Quote:
I agree I ran a 12.08 with my ZL1 on stock tires and no way was I gonna hang with those 10 second cars, I think they need to tighten up the classes a little bit next year
Old 08-08-2012, 07:03 AM   #41
adamgl

Drives: '98 Camaro Z28, '06 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by atma View Post
oh, that was you in the Z06? the first run I saw you make, you spun your tires and didn't go anywhere for a full 3 seconds straight, fnished i think somewhere around 19 seconds. 2nd run was better, you basically walked through first, then still managed to get down the track in about 13, if i recall. third run i was pretty impressed. looked like you gave the other car about a second lead cus the tree hit green and you sorta gently got it rolling, then hammered on and i believe despite the start you still got down there somewhere in the low 11s? correct me if i'm wrong. a buddy and I were tryin to figure out what the hell you were doin! traction issues is certainly a more plausible but less hilarious explanation than anything we came up with. the car is beast by the way.very nice.
LMAO yes. First run I tried to launch a little aggressively and spun 1st and 2nd, then gave up. Second run spun most of 1st, ended up 12.2 something at 126. 3rd run tried to roll on easy in 1st, the 60' still sucked, 2.4 But picked up on the big end. 11.9 at 127. I think the car could run 10's if I could get it to hook.

I'm not quite used to the clutch on this car either, it's way different than the one in my Z28 daily driver.

Getting traction in this car is hard, even on 345 wide Envo's. Need slicks for the drag strip. I've had it spin on me in 4th gear around 4000 RPM at 125 MPH on the street before
'06 Z06 2LZ, Cam, P/P/M Heads, FAST Intake/TB, ARH, CAI, HP Clutch/FW, C5 Axles,
Pfadt Coilovers/Poly Bushings, Carbon Fiber: Everything, lol. HID's, 360 Forged Spec 5's/Invo's, Custom Interior. 550 RWHP
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235911

Last edited by adamgl; 08-08-2012 at 07:46 AM.
adamgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:35 AM   #42
MudderFinger

Drives: 2011 IOM SS/RS
Quote:
It would have been a little better for you and others that were not even close to a 9 second run if the class had been a braket race, that evens the cars up so there is not such a desparity, and everyone has a fair chance. They were going to have a braket race but after the rain there was not time for it.